TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Daredevil21

Observation

Guest Daredevil21

Alright, I'm gonna get something of my chest right here and now. The Smarks Board in all honesty fuckin' sucks. I haven't enjoyed it since the summer time last year, when we were all still on the EZBoard. When I first came onto the Smarks Board last April I was amazed by the wrestling conversation and I was just happy to be a part of it. Things were good until the end of summer, when trolls became a bigger problem each day. They were usually taken care of, but I guess no board can ever fully eliminate trolls, I've come to understand that much.

My main beef now is that this Ikonboard is shit and so is the Smarks Board. Good discussion on wrestling has been replaced by dozens of idiots with stupid names posting shitty post after shitty post about the stupids things. Well thought out posts have been replaced by slapped together, incohersive dribble, just so they can boost their post count and obtain a higher title, which if I may say so is just flat out moronic. Some people seemingly never leave this place, posting meaningless posts so they can obtain some meaningless title under their name. Does that not make sense to anyone but me?

And finally, the Mods. I'm sorry to say that you guys could easily be the ones to blame for much of this. This place has become more less a wasteland with some decent posters scattered throughout. Most of the mods here, rarely frequent the board, so why are they mods? I also do not understand why there is a site feedback folder here, as it is pretty obvious that many requests and ideas go completely unacknowledged by the higher-ups here, like one SK. As a matter of fact, it seems that SK doesn't take a single thing that any of his fans say seriously and if ever responds to any of them, it is usually some smart-ass remark that he finds funny. Don't get me wrong here, I find SK funny in his rants (although he is too bitter in the WWF rants nowadays), but that doesn't give him the right to shit on others and their collective ideas and opinions. I don't post much here anymore, not just because of the trolls, but because of the lack of unity and commaraderie that I felt when I first joined the old Smarks Board. That feeling simply isn't here anymore and I think it's safe to assume that it isn't coming back. You can find me posting over at WDI more than here now, simply because of the feeling of unity that exists there. Suggestions are listened to and almost always acted upon. Their wrestling folder contains great discussion on wrestling and doesn't consist of 100 trolls talking about the time Sid shit on himself or reporting "news". I suggest that if you are tired of the this board,that you should check out WDI because there you are appreciated and not just vapor. I'm done venting. Talk amongst yourselves.

Guest RetroRob215

Daredevil, you're a little late with the SK bashing, that was a few months ago.  Seriously though, the WWF Folder had most of the idiots in it, the rest of the folders are OK.  I can see where you're coming from, someone posted any idea to help put an end to trolls and no mods/admins have even recognized that the thread exsists yet.

Guest Daredevil21

I am quite aware that I'm late with my SK bashing, but I have never been one to follow the trend. At the time I defended SK, but his lack of interest for his fans has changed my feelings and the idea for new mods in the WWF folder is a prime example of what I was talking about.

Guest RetroRob215

I like this board better than the rest of the wrestling boards because of the Quick Reply.  I'm not kidding, without the Quick Reply I would rarely post.  

Even though there are a lot of trolls and idiots, there are plenty of intelligent posters in the Old Stuff folder.  Most of the mods make good decisions, such as Justin , Jay and Don, but they can't always be around, that is way some regular posters should be made mods.  A lot of people spend most of their time here, so why not make them moderators?

Guest RSPWFAQ
Even though there are a lot of trolls and idiots, there are plenty of intelligent posters in the Old Stuff folder.  Most of the mods make good decisions, such as Justin , Jay and Don, but they can't always be around, that is way some regular posters should be made mods.  A lot of people spend most of their time here, so why not make them moderators?

If you guys want to elect moderators for the boards, feel free.  I always hear "You should make new mods" but I never hear any specific suggestions for who should do it.  So you guys come to a decision as to which 3 or 4 people would do the best job, and we'll mod them.

Guest EI Cubano

I'll try and set up something up in the WWF folder (which seems to be the root of the "problem") to democratically come up with three to four people.

Guest RetroRob215

Good call.  So are you guys going to make a ballot or do we just throw names out?  Personally, I'm game to Moding in the WWF Folder, that one could use all the help it could get.  Otherwise Tony146 should definetly become a mod, he practically lives on the board.

Guest Daredevil21

Well that's certainly a step in the right direction. BTW, it's Tony149. Hopefully more mods will make the WWF folder a less headache inducing place to visit.

Guest Pegasus Kid

You know what bugs me?  People that bitch about "the board" when they actually want to bitch about the "WWF Folder."  That folder is frequented by the most people but it is hardly representative of the rest of the board.  If you take a look at the rest of this forum, odds are you'll find solid - great conversation spanning a plethora of topics.  Lumping the board as a whole into one big piece of shit just because 10 year olds can't get a grip on their maturity is outright stupidity.

As for the moderators, we do what we can WHEN we can.  Take a look at the mod list; Scott and Don work full time.  Jeremy is working with his band.  Jay and I are full time college/University students.  There's only so much we can do given the time allotted to us.  We're not going to make the Smarks message board the primary focus of our lives.  Give me a break, it's a message board for one web site for a hobby.  There is no one on this board that can tell either Jay or I that we haven't done a good job.  We've done everything within our power to keep the place running well.  If it isn't good enough, that's an unfortunate circumstance but allotting increased time simply isn't feasable right now.

Personally, I don't think "the board" needs new mods.  I think the "WWF Folder" could use a few though.  The rest of this forum runs just fine and to be honest; I don't want any one else meddling in "my forums."  Get us a list of people that everyone agrees are worthy candidates and we'll make them "forum leaders."

Guest Maurizio C... Version 2

well, a few weeks ago I wrote a rant on how the site sucks. Then reviewed it and man... was I bitter for no reason. Sincerely, I think the Smark board is the best in town and the last remaining of the old Delphi forum. Of course we got trolls but not in the quantity we got last year with the Italians, Genius and others.

The threads - I'm with Daredevil on this. The threads are often repetitive and it's basically people bashing Hogan (me too!).

Again, the only remaining complaint I got is the fact that the site is down and we don' get big pieces, but that's not the writers' problem. The board doesn't suck, it's just a little bit down due to people waking up from the wwf boom with bumps and bruises and not having much to talk about.

suggesting the WDI board is plain stupid, if you permit.

Guest Daredevil21

Why is suggesting WDI stupid? WDI is a great place where just about everyone knows everyone quite well. There's a lot of solid converation not only about wrestling but about life and the like. I'm not sayin that Smarks doesn't have some good conversation, but sometimes you have to go through a lot of crap to find it.

Guest Sek

Maurizio C doesn't like WDI because we're the ones who remember him talking about being constipated and his weird ass "internet love affair" he had on a public message board. It doesn't mesh well with his new "Respected Member of The Smarkboard" gimmick...

Guest Tha Cunnysmythe

True. And also because everyone there hates him, and we edited the link he was pimping, ridiculed him and banned him after one post. If it wasn't for him, the Flaming Folder probably wouldn't have been deleted back on the old board.

Guest Witty F Banter

And I wouldn't have been banned. But that's not a bad thing...

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

I'm sorry...but did Keith posts that no one suggests who to elavate to mod...when there is an ENTIRE thread dedicated to who should be a mod in the same fucking forum...CHRIST!

everyone hates me here? I'm not here to get loved or hated, I'm here to talk about wrestling, something you weren't able to do in the first place.

I ain't got no gimmick in this forum, certainely not that of respected member, maybe that of old time member since I'm here from the days of rantsylvania while you cocksuckers didn't even know about jericho.

once again, the constipation and dementia affairs were just to be funny, but day in day out seems to me like you're the only guys going back to that period... maybe you liked it.

I didn't recommend your fucking board not because of our past fights, but because here there's more members (and because I hate ezboard).

And why are you so fond of the flaming forum? that was funny but sometimes it went too far while now people talk wrestling and that's it. you feel strong for banning me? cool for you. since you can't get cunt and a life, I guess banning people from your damn board will get you satisfied.

At least I didn't have to go away to post. I regularely post despite my poor english language. No matter what you think I contribute to this forum with my thoughts, so please keep off if you can't shut about past shit.

if daredevil wanna go elsewhere, that's his business. I don't think he needs *granddaddy Sek* to tell him what  to do or not.

See, I post here not because I wanna feel respected but becasue I actually... wanna talk wrestling, you know.

I kept off your territory (what a weird word), so if you come back here and start flaming, then I got nothing to lose if I flame you back since I've not created problems at all during this period.

and since I'm here from the days of rantsylvania... I can safely say that (Callaway mode on) I'm the Big Dog here... and this is my yard... and  want respect... and... whatever (callaway mode off)

Guest AlwaysPissedOff
I'm sorry...but did Keith posts that no one suggests who to elavate to mod...when there is an ENTIRE thread dedicated to who should be a mod in the same fucking forum...CHRIST!

I think he meant that nobody got together to organize a list of people who could have been mods and presented it to him instead of a post full of mostly people tossing off names off the top of their heads like they did in that post.

Guest AlwaysPissedOff

Not exactly being the voice of reason, but can't both sides of this pathetic argument just live and let die?

Sheesh...

PissedOff, my pal, I would like to live and let (them) die... BUT THESE ASSHOLES COME HERE WEEK IN WEEK OUT FUCKING WITH ME!!!

I've sometimes been tempted to erase my account and change identity just stick it to them. But then I know I haven't done anything wrong, so why should I do it! If this was the 411 board I wouldn't give a fuck but since this is my fav board then I get pissed off, dammit!

Guest Moses The Monkey

Well, I could easily argue everything Maruaizaizio just said, but I'm not gonna, cause Maruagadgizio and this place suck too much for me to put effort into.

Besides, the only reason I'm here is to pimp.

World Domination Inc.

Guest HoffmanHBK
I'm here from the days of rantsylvania while you cocksuckers didn't even know about jericho.

We didn't know about Jericho.  You, sir, are an idiot.  And this time, it was you who in effect called our board stupid.

Guest Daredevil21

Where to start?

I didn't recommend your fucking board not because of our past fights, but because here there's more members (and because I hate ezboard).

As the saying goes, quality over quanity. There may be more members here, but what does it matter if over half of them are blithering idiots? Just about every poster over at WDI is a good quality poster and many of the good posters from the old Smarks Board now reside at WDI.

if daredevil wanna go elsewhere, that's his business. I don't think he needs *granddaddy Sek* to tell him what  to do or not.

First of all, no one is telling me what to do. I post where I feel like posting, end of. No one has swayed my interest in any direction. I didn't start posting a lot at WDI, until very recently, when the crap here became to hard to ignore. I didn't say I was done posting at the Smarks, I'm just not gonna make many posts. Other posters have stopped posting here completely and I respect their decision. Don't flame someone for having an opinion that isn't to your liking.

See, I post here not because I wanna feel respected but becasue I actually... wanna talk wrestling, you know.

Good thing to, cause from the looks of it you aren't too respected on either board.

I kept off your territory (what a weird word), so if you come back here and start flaming, then I got nothing to lose if I flame you back since I've not created problems at all during this period.

They aren't flaming you. They are just defending the board that they choose to post on. They aren't causing problems and until they do, please don't make false accusations.

As for the whole arguement being pointless, I beg to differ as it is/was (hopefully) a problem that needed to be addressed and now hopefully it is solved, although I highly doubt that.

Guest Sek

Irony = when MC claims we're hung up on him talking about getting constipated while on the way to working at McDonalds when he mentions how he's been around since Rantsylvania in like every post.

BTW, for what its worth, most of WDI hates you for being the Just Joe of the old board and running to Massa Keith every time someone tweaked your nose. Just so you know.

BTW (part 2) I thought everyone knew Keith only reads the GREAT JOB ON YOUR 48TH RE-RANT OF *insert WCW filler show no one cares about*, YOU R0X0R~! threads.

Guest Tha Cunnysmythe

Maurizio, you stupid dying bastard. You're the one who said that WDI sucked. So we retaliated. Then you bitch and whine and moan like a dirty whore with toothache and a sore urethra about us cunting at you? Can you spell hypocrite? Actually, don't answer that. I know I'll be disappointed. WDI owns your slowly withering azz.

Commence pimpance:

World Domination, Inc.

World Domination, Inc.

World Domination, Inc.

World Domination, Inc.

World Domination, Inc.

World Domination, Inc.

World Domination, Inc.

World Domination, Inc.

World Domination, Inc.

World Domination, Inc.

World Domination, Inc.

World Domination, Inc.

That is all.

Guest AlwaysPissedOff

This thread gets dumber by the minute, so why not just drop this crap already? There's no need for flaming here.

Guest mykatissatan

How long do you think it will take until they close this thread and delete it?

i was being too harsh before

Guest EI Cubano
And finally, the Mods. I'm sorry to say that you guys could easily be the ones to blame for much of this. This place has become more less a wasteland with some decent posters scattered throughout. Most of the mods here, rarely frequent the board, so why are they mods?

I am going to have to agree with Justin on this one. I think that the two of us do a damn good job of fairly and swiftly taking care of business and between the two of we have been checking things out a good dozen times a day. Personally, I check the board when I wake up in the morning, when I get back from class, after work or the gym, before I go out for the night, when I get back in and one more time in the middle of the night before bed. When I am not going through the forum Justin is usually right there to pick up the slack and vice-versa. To say that we rarely frequent the forums is ridiculous. "Why are they even Mods?" Because we write for the site that the board supports and because over the last year Scott and Don have established enough trust in us as parts of the site to allow us to regulate a board that someone spent a good chunk of money on.

It is not the moderators fault that less than great posters come through the board from time to time nor is it right or practical to demand to ban someone on the basis that they don't have as much insider knowledge as other members of the board, that is just elitist and the type of attitude that won't promote good debate anyway.

It isn't cool to ban people on the basis of ineptitude because most of them mean well and just want to fit in. If we started banning on the basis of who we didn't think was a great poster than someone on the border would get banned, all hell would break loose, me and Justin would get accused of being dictators who didn't care about the members of the board and "that" whole can of worms would be opened up again.

There have only been about five real "trolls" in the WWF forumn since the board opened and they have all been banned. People who cause trouble INTENTIONALLY or INTENTIONALLY mean to be disruptive or rude will of course always be banned, but going off on someone new for accidentally opening a 2nd thread on HHH's role at Backlash is uncalled for. Sure they need to be told nicely about the way we do things around here, but the fact that someone new likes TheSmarks enough to want to post on the message boards is cool and I don't think the poor kid should be crushed and banned just because of that. If you think he should be than you are exactly like the WWF locker room that you criticize for going off on new guys because they haven't yet learned all the "unwritten rules" yet.

Like it or hate it, the forum is basically a self run entity with the good posters rising to the top and the poor ones usually only staying for a while and then leaving or becoming better over time. Hell, I was a horrible new poster to the Rantsylvania forumn at Delphi back in the day, Charles "Loss4Words" Williams was a bad poster back in the day, and if you trace the RSPW archives back to the early 90's I am sure Scott Keith, Ric Scaia, Don Becker and CRZ had some pretty bad stuff too.

People bitch that the forum doesn't have the sense of community that it once does in one breath while in the next they cut down everyone who has a lower post count or who hasn't been on the board for a year. This forum won't be run like a Tyranny and people won't be banned unless they are annoying, are warned and continue to be annoying.

I'm not trying to sound like a motivational speaker here, but we all share a common interest here and have a big common factor in our love of wrestling, maybe it's time to embrace that, have older posters interact with the newer ones and learn from eachother rather than gloating over who can rattle of the longest list of puro moves.

The Smarks Forum is what you make out of it. A good deal of great discussion does go on and if you come in with an attitude of "that guy only has 10 posts, what does he know" than chances are you aren't going to like it. If you come with an open mind than chances you will see it for what it really is and enjoy the time you spend with us.

Well, that is just my two cents and something to think about.