Guest saturnmark4life

Bands you like that everyone else hates

Guest saturnmark4life

Andrew WK

Rammstein

Strokes

KISS (70's)

Morrissey

OK, so i can't really justify those, but i don't care, they are some of my favourite bands ever. Don't be ashamed people.

Guest Mark4steamboat

i love the strokes. as for Andrew wk, the only song i have heard from them is "party hard" and that song is just a jumbled mess. It really sounds like they are trying to be an 80s party metal band.

Guest swan
i love the strokes. as for Andrew wk, the only song i have heard from them is "party hard" and that song is just a jumbled mess. It really sounds like they are trying to be an 80s party metal band.

And.......?

Guest Narcoleptic Jumper

If you're talking about people here, than most of the bands I like:

Third Eye Blind

Matchbox Twenty

blink-182

Green Day

John Mayer

Nirvana

Marvelous 3

I could go on.

The Manics.

Weezer.

On the other hand I cant stand Andrew WK way hyped, way pathetic when I saw that picture with the bloody nose I thought he was gonna be way cool unfortunately hes um..not.

Beach Boys.

Not that they particularly hate them, they just don't see them as being anything beyond surfing and cars.

Queen.

Same thing, except they only see Freddie Mercury as his sexuality and Queen's music as being little more than stuff played at sporting events.

Guest Shaved Bear

well i like static-x everyone that i know hates them

im also a metal fan, and so are my friends, so im obviousy the only person who likes to hear brak

I don't know whether everyone else hates The Offspring and Skid Row or not but my brother talks trash about them all the time.

Guest Kinetic

The average man on the street knows fuck-all about almost anything I listen to.  The one musician I really enjoy that gets slagged constantly is Fiona Apple.  Her second album is fantastic, and the first one is pretty decent as well.  But people dismiss her because she's waifish and on MTV.  It's fucked up.

Guest starvenger

Well, if you must know, Melanie C.  I may just "win" with that one...

And as far as this board goes, Destiny's Child.  You know you hate them, if only for creating the word "bootylicious"...

Guest redbaron51

Beyonce has a nice booty that I'll like to tap :P

Some bands I like...

Dream Theater

Opeth

KMFDM

MDFMK

Guest saturnmark4life

And.......?

This is just what i don't get. People are taking Andrew WK WAY too seriously. Lighten up, he just a jumping-around freak. Whom i happen to think is a god.

Guest swan

The Melvins

You want to know why Kurt Cobain wanted to play in a band it is because of these guys. I saw them open for the Kiss reunion tour in '96 and I was the only mutherfucker that stood and gave a shit. Great great band. King Buzzo 4 life.

Guest swan
This is just what i don't get. People are taking Andrew WK WAY too seriously. Lighten up, he just a jumping-around freak. Whom i happen to think is a god.

You hit it on the head. Music doesn't have to be so damn serious all the time. This guy is a breath of fresh air in the era of the "I want to kill myself" Staind and Creed garbage.

Guest Kinetic
You hit it on the head. Music doesn't have to be so damn serious all the time. This guy is a breath of fresh air in the era of the "I want to kill myself" Staind and Creed garbage.

In that case, there's plenty of "fresh air" out there that isn't completely stupid.  It's probably just me, but the return of "party metal" in any form or fashion is a bad thing.

Guest The Fett

I think some of Creed's songs are good. System of a Down is also another band I like that everyone seems to hate.

Guest Bruin

I like -

KMFDM

mdfmk

Rammstein

Weezer

Dunno why none of my friends like them :b

Guest hobu0

New Metallica. I know maybe 2 people who like new Metallica. Just because they toned down the style a little....you people don't know what you're missing. Bleeding Me on Load is such an awesome song.

Guest El Satanico
...System of a Down is also another band I like that everyone seems to hate.

I can't honestly recall a wide spread of hatred for System of a Down. Unless you mean people on this board which i wouldn't know of since i hardly ever visit this part.

Guest Laichzeit

Rammstein(it's nice to see all these RammFans, btw)

KMFDM

Burzum

Clawfinger

Hank Williams Jr.

My comments on other peoples post first:

"well i like static-x everyone that i know hates them"

I do not know you but I am not fond of Static X either. They were not even playing their own instruments when a friend of mine saw them at Ozzfest (which is a joke of an event anyway). They make killer videos though.

"Some bands I like...

Dream Theater

Opeth

KMFDM

MDFMK"

Not huge on Dream Theater. Opeth absolutely rules though. April Ethereal off of My Arms Your Hearse is one of my favorite songs of all time.

"You want to know why Kurt Cobain wanted to play in a band it is because of these guys. I saw them open for the Kiss reunion tour in '96 and I was the only mutherfucker that stood and gave a shit. Great great band. King Buzzo 4 life."

King Buzzo is also in a band with Michael Patton. I cannot recall whether it is Fantomas or Tomahawk though. Find out which and check it out.

"New Metallica. I know maybe 2 people who like new Metallica. Just because they toned down the style a little....you people don't know what you're missing. Bleeding Me on Load is such an awesome song."

I am going to show some self restraint here and not bash new Metallica. All I will say is I do not like them. I have heard both albums, so I know what I am missing and am glad to be missing it. They did not tone down a little. They toned down a lot. They completely sold out as well. The entire Napster situation drove me nuts. Metallica was built on the backs of their die hard tape trading fans way back before they ever got signed. Now they have a problem with giving away free music.

Bands that I like that everyone else hates (which is only going to make sense if you are in the underground scene or else you probably will not know who I am talking about or why everyone else hates them):

Cradle of Filth

Dimmu Borgir

Emperor (post Nightside In the Eclipse work)

Therion (post Theli work)

And just for a twist on things, bands that I hate which everyone else likes:

Mayhem (pre-Grand Declaration of War work)

Darkthrone

Slayer (Seasons In the Abyss carried these guys)

Megadeth (should have released Rust In Peace and then died)

Guest goodhelmet

I'm a big fan of Donovan and the turtles. Nice catchy 60's tunes. Some of the music is hit-or-miss but some is deep and profound (Riki Tiki Tavi anyone? )

Guest ArkhamGlobe

I like progrock, which is not all that fashionable in today's music climate. Especially if you like ELP.

EDIT: I forgot that I also like some of Jeff Beck's jazz-rock stuff.

Guest CoreyLazarus416

That I like that most people don't...be they friends or just people I chat with...

Andrew WK

Mushroomhead (I practically orgasm over them, and I only have 2 friends that like them at all)

Six Feet Under

Amen (only me and my buddy Drew seem to like them)

Kobalt

Nullset

Reveille

Saliva

Guest saturnmark4life

I do like mushroomhead quite a lot, from the stuff i've heard. And i like mudvayne. and...well, i don't like slipknot that much but i don't resent them in the same way i do nickelback or limp bizkit. I don't see them as all that 'nu-metal' cos the rap stuff isn't in there. They are the only band anywhere near nu metal that doesn't piss me off.

Guest goodhelmet

"I like progrock, which is not all that fashionable in today's music climate. Especially if you like ELP."

Rock On! And the first Yes album was one of the greatest progressive rock albums ever.