Guest Midnight Express83

If this board you mean:

Linkin park

Kid Rock

rap and RnB music.

If you mean in rest of the world:

Afroman

Guest KANE

311--They're unfairly lumped together with the rest of the rap metal bands.  

Reel Big Fish--a lot of people hate them just because Ska is now passe.

Andrew W.K.--The man gave us an album that you can play from front to back and rock out the whole time.  But I just can't win when posting about him on other message boards I visit, like the 311 board.  Everyone out there seems to think that because it's not deep, it's worthless.    

Here's a great review of AWK from www.theonionavclub.com

"If I Get Wet makes Andrew Wilkes-Krier a star (and it should), it could mark one of the greatest seismic shifts in popular music since Nirvana's Nevermind hosed rivers of hairspray and makeup off the pop-cultural landscape in 1991 and '92. That's not to say that W.K. is making an artistic statement on par with that classic—on the contrary, he sings about little more than partying, killing, and loving, addressing each subject with equally ham-fisted fervor—but I Get Wet sounds so fresh that it's bound to change the way listeners hear the sorry, moaning likes of Puddle Of Mudd. Balls-out heavy metal with an emphasis on speed and keyboard-driven hooks, the album rocks almost recklessly, but without the trappings that burden its peers: There's no camp, no irony, and, most notably, no angst. W.K. just wants to party (as evidenced by "It's Time To Party," "Party 'Til You Puke," and the comically awesome "Party Hard"), and he bothers with little else. On "Ready To Die," he seethes through the hilarious couplet, "When your time is at an end / then it's time to kill again," but power trumps wit here, like rock demolishing scissors. For all its lyrical aggression and bloody artwork, W.K.'s act has an impish sweetness about it: On his endearing ode to his one-time home of New York City ("I Love NYC"), W.K.'s chorus sums up its charms in 10 words: "I love New York City / Oh, yeah! / New York City!" Aside from the glaring omission of what's arguably his best song (he reworks "Girls Own Juice" from his 2000 EP of the same name, but leaves off the near-perfect "We Want Fun"), I Get Wet careens by without a wrong note. More fabulously entertaining the louder it's played, the disc deserves to make W.K. the superstar he clearly intends to be. If it wipes out a generation of hard-rock crybabies along the way, fans will owe him a debt of gratitude that can never be repaid. —Stephen Thompson"

Guest Dr. Wrestlingphysics

The Clash are the best band ever! (in my opinion, obviously)

and Dexy's Midnight Runners are a great band (there's a lot more to them than Come On Eileen).

As for bands that haven't split up, Beastie Boys and Blink 182 rule.

Guest saturnmark4life

Thanks for the Andrew WK article, good stuff. I have to admit that i like some blink and sum 41 stuff, but only as dance/moshing music for when i'm drunk.

Guest Prime Time Andrew Doyle
And as far as this board goes, Destiny's Child.  You know you hate them, if only for creating the word "bootylicious"...

Unfourtuantley, that isn't true, The honur goes to Snoop Doggy Dog. He used that word in "F uck wit Dre Day (And Everybodys Celebrating)"