Sign in to follow this  
Guest Anglesault

Most unover upper midcarder ever?

27 members have voted

1. 1. Most unover upper midcarder ever?

• Test
    • Rob van Dam

Guest Tony149

I voted for Test. RVD is over with the fans. Test was over in the Summer of '99. Then he got lost after Steph dumped him for HHH. Now Test gets what seems to be a big push every few months.

Guest Anglesault

Yes I know RVD is over. But I couldn't leave Test as the only choice, so I picked the most over Upper MidCarder I could think of.

Guest Kahran Ramsus

Tony.  I can't believe you couldn't figure out that the post was rigged against Test.  I agree that Test has zero heat, the only question is whether he qualifies as an upper mid-carder.

Guest bsrizpac

Test sucks to new levels of amazing suck. He's the suckiest suck that ever sucked at sucking in the sucky WWF.

Guest bsrizpac

Test sucks to new levels of amazing suck. He's the suckiest suck that ever sucked at sucking in the sucky WWF.

Guest Tony149
Tony.  I can't believe you couldn't figure out that the post was rigged against Test.

I knew the poll was rigged against Test. I just saw a vote for RVD and thought somebody must think RVD isn't over when Test gets no heat, but a push every few months.

Guest Anglesault

During failed push # 35, 37, and 42 he feuded with HHH. During failed push # 60 and 85 he tagged with Booker. During failed push # 64 he feuded with Edge. During failed push # 78 he feuded with Rock. During failed push # 122 he feuded with RVD. All mains or Upper midcarders.

Guest dreamer420

Test just can't pop a crowd.  When his music hits it is more like a loud sigh of disapproval.  Everyone loves RVD and his pops are going to continue.

Guest Kinetic

It's not even a loud sigh of disapproval.  It's complete and total silence.  Almost like they don't know who he is.  If the WWF wanted to kayfabe it, they could have JR or Cole say that the fans are scared to boo him or acknowledge his presence in any way because Test has immunity and is free to attack fans at random without fear of being fired.  That'd get him over.

Being the Kurt Angle fan boy you are, I'm surprised you left him off the list. For about two weeks, he was less over than Test. But that's neither here nor there.

My main point was to address Tony149's claim that Test gets a "big" push every couple of months. The last push of any kind Test got before this heel push was when he was in "T&A." If you consider carrying that heatless hippo Albert around then hey, Scotty 2 Hotty is receiving a huge push as we speak. Before that "push" was his 1999 push against HHH/DX. So I guess Tony149 meant to say Test gets a big push every couple of YEARS.

Oh, and Anglesault, it's pretty obvious you aren't even confident enought that Test would've won this pitiful poll on his own merits of being un-over. You admitted to pitting him against the most over mid-card guy you could find, thus negating your poll. Seems some things never change Tablesalt, you're still a stupid, oh so stupid, ass.

BTW, buy a PRP (Product Replacement Plan) when you shop at Best Buy.

Guest Tony149

No, Test was getting a push in a feud with The Rock a few months back, but the fans didn't care. So it didn't last long.

>>>No, Test was getting a push in a feud with The Rock a few months back, but the fans didn't care. So it didn't last long.<<<

No, that was part of his big push that began when he teamed with Booker T. and culminated with his lady killer gimmick. The Rock program was a part of it.

Guest Anglesault

Test hasn't gotten a a reaction since mid 99. So there is no way he was more over that Kurt, who, I admit, wasn't very over, but, unlike Test, he wasn't feuding with the Fucking Rock and getting no heat.

And it's nice to see you again, Revelation PMS

Actually, you are wrong once again SaltShaker. You see, Test's first big push began in Mid-99 (*Gasp* oh no, not facts!). That takes care of that little argument.

We're not going to start this whole Angle heat vs. Test heat thing over. Let's just say during that period that when no one was giving Angle a reaction, five people were booing Test.

Angle should give HHH a nice healthy blowjob every night for saving his heat and possible his career. If Angle failed to maintain his heat after berating and attacking HHH, who was at that time the most over man in the company, you best believe he would be tagging with Bossman right now.

Guest InigoMontoya

I think Angle has good heat. Not just an "I hate this guy" heat, but an "I love to hate this guy" heat. How many wrestler get a "you suck" chant before they are even in the ring? The fans have great fun with Kurt.

Guest Anglesault
Actually, you are wrong once again SaltShaker. You see, Test's first big push began in Mid-99 (*Gasp* oh no, not facts!). That takes care of that little argument.

And that's the last time he got a reaction, Humiliation.

Guest Kahran Ramsus

It was Austin & the 'what?' catchphrase that got Angle over again.  Not HHH.  Just saying.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

Unless I've been watching the wrong show since January 7th (HHH return date) RVD hasn't been anywhere near the upper mid card.

He's been curtain jerking and lower mid card tag teaming...but hardly the upper mid card.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

Big Show draws huge pops for a midcarder.

People have to stop putting their personal bias into the equation when listening for pops.

Rasmus hates RVD more than anybody...but can admit that he is over.

That's why I respect his opinion.

Guest Lil Naitch

Test hasn't been over since Stephanie dumped him. RVD has been over since his debut, just about. Angle is over, no matter what you say. The crowd loves to get on his case. And Bossman sucks, but we all knew that;)

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

RVD was clearly de-pushed but it happened well before HHH's return

Ugh.

RVD lost the hrdcore title at Vengeance (dec 9) against Utndertaker.

Following Vengeance he got into an unresolved fued with Jericho over the undisputed title.

If you'll recall...RVD wrestled Lance Storm on the Christmas edition of Raw when he was looking for Jericho (so obviously the fued was supposed to be continuing...) Since that and Smackdown were taped ahead of time... Prior to HHH's return ( I beleive it was the smackdown just before) RVD tag teamed against Jericho and the announcers were talking about their unfinished business...

BAM...January 7th

RVD curtain jerks against Test

Never to be heard from again.

Is that what you would call well before HHH came back?

Guest Tony149

The RVD/Jericho feud was dropped for some reason. It was going over well and some fans had thought RVD won the WWF Title when Flair didn't call for a DQ during the RVD/Jericho Raw match. Then it's gone. Before bps21 replys, yes it happened when HHH made his return. :)

Guest Army Eye

ok let me put it this way.  After RVD main evented No Mercy, you can't deny he got de-pushed.  For several weeks, he was fighting the Edges, Kanes, Big Shows, Christians, and Dudleys  of the world.  (even had a clean loss to Edge) Fought Taker a couple times, who was also a midcard fixture at the time.  In December, RVD at least had a few big matches, he fought Jericho for the title once and was in a tag main event with Rock IIRC.

So if his current de-push can be attributed to HHH, as you say, then to whom can we attribute his de-push in October/November?

Guest Anglesault

My theory: Van Dam was Hardcore champ. Not quite World level. And Edge and Suck were in an IC title feud. But after Surviver Series, all Alliance members were supposed to be booted except for title holders or moles. Now, if they elevated RVD to like world level, he would most likey drop the HC title, leaving him with no way to stay in the WWF after Survivor Series.

Or, We could blame it on Hunter.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

Edges, Kanes, Big Shows, Christians, and Dudleys  

There is a big difference between wrestling these guys...and curtain jerking against Test...losing to Regal...and 6 man tagging it.

The main fact here is that his program for the UNIFIED TITLE was scrapped THE DAY HHH came back.  THE VERY DAY.  

whether you like him or not...RVD/Jericho made for a super hot crowd...So far HHH hasn't gotten anything close to that since his return day and his first match.

de-push in November?  Hardly.  He was one of the main eventers at Survivor Series.  And then had the highest profile match at Vengeance not involving the title tourney.  Where was he the ppv after HHH came back?  

2 minutes in the Rumble match.

And now?

GOLDUST.