TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Skywarp!

Smackdown!: Shut Your Mouth

Has anyone found a good strategy to beat this? KO-ing 100 foes will unlock the Divas video in the Theater section.

Has anyone found a flawless set-up-and-finisher combo to do this efficiently? And, more important, is the video worth it?

Has anyone found a good strategy to beat this? KO-ing 100 foes will unlock the Divas video in the Theater section.

Has anyone found a flawless set-up-and-finisher combo to do this efficiently? And, more important, is the video worth it?

IRCC, I used Steve Austin and just stunned everyone untill I got to a 100. Waste of time really

And no the Video isn't worth it, It's the same video from that UPN Divas special a few years ago The annoying No Doubt "Hey Baby" one with a different song.

I used the Rock, and after building up my Smackdown meter till it was red, I basically used gut kick, Rock Bottom, pin... then taunt like mad until the next guy comes in. Some guys may need two Rock Bottoms, but that's ok.. just build up to five Smackdowns in hand on jobbers like Spike Dudley...

And the video is totally, totally not worth it.

Guest TheBigCalbowski

I did it with Austin. All it took was toe kick, stunner, pin (if necessary), keep taunting till next opponent got in the ring.

Guest OnlyMe

Alternatively, unbuckle one turnbuckle, whip them into it, and then hit your finisher. It's less often reversed than toe-kicks. Taunt like crazy in between guys, and use it as an opportunity to find out what the Rock looks like doing silly finishers... the Rocky Worm, or the Swanton Rock...

Taker was quite easy to do it with. I think he has a grapple move tahat involves a punch to the face or a kick that puts them in that stunned mode for just a second (enough time to warrant the Smackdown Icon). then oif course the rest is academic. And , of course, taunt like mad. Keep hitting a direction everytime you hit the taunt button to reset it and not have to wait out the whole thing. The meter just keeps on rolling.

Guest OnlyMe

Oh yeah, that reminds me.

When taunting, hold UP, and tap TAUNT pretty quickly. That'll skip half the animation, making your meter go up twice as fast, plus it'll keep you at the far side of the ring, away from whoever runs in next.

I've won it once. I tried to do other people's moves sometimes, cause they'd be funny or cool, but that ends up getting me in trouble. I won it before I had a memory card with Kurt Angle. My strategy is running take-down (not exactly a clothesline with him), pick up Angle Slam. It takes a little while on the first ones, but it went. Since then, I've gotten close again, but never gotten the same. I've gotten really high with Kurt and I thinK Brock again, but the closest I've gotten since was like 94.

I did it with Jericho my first try. Haven't played since.

In JBI, I always had the most success with the Rock in that mode. As soon as your opponent gets into the ring, just boot him and give him the people's DDT and repeat, and once your special is built up, hit the Rock Bottom. Works everytime.

Ok, I did it. My trick was to pick Shawn Michaels. Mostly because it eliminated the computer from being one of the few guys guaranteed to kick your ass.

The superkick only KO's half the time, so when the opponent is down and out, you can pull off a couple taunts. In fact, taunting is the only problem with him, since it's hard to walk up while doing it.

Michaels must also have good defensive stats, because no one got control of me for too long without me executing a reversal.

...Yeah, and that video is so not worth it.

Guest Coffey

My friend and I found success with Hollywood Hulk Hogan. I got 67 on my first try. My friend got 99 and then 100. If anyone tells you about some "toe kick" shit, just ignore them. The toe kick never works for me, and when it does, the computer just reverses it anyway.

The trick is to hit them with a "Big Boot" when the get into the ring. (Down + X) If they turn around from the boot, Hogan has a bulldog that sets them up for the Atomic Legdrop. If they fall back by themselves, they are already in position for the leg. If they counter the boot, you can hit the Hogan Clothesline (Running Up + X) or if you pick them up hit the standard body slam. Both moves set them up for the leg drop.

See, each time you hit a special it gives you about half a level towards the next special. So, after you pin/KO someone, you just taunt until the next character enters the ring, and then repeat. Add the special and taunts on top of the normal moves you're doing and you never run out of specials.

Hogan also kicks out of a lot of shit, as does the Undertaker. He will job out to an irish whip school boy though. :(