TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  

Is edge ready for the top?

If you take a long look down the roster of the WWF,I personally believe that the FUTURE main eventer's of the WWF lie in Rob Van Dam, Edge, Brock Lesnar (big call in such a small time i know, but just check out the reaction he gets when he storms the ring) and possibly The Hardy's.

Now we already know RVD is quite capable of headlining a PPV, as he did that last year. Edge however seems to have what it takes to be the next best thing in wrestling, excluding maybe Lesnar, who  , if used CORRECTLY (PLEASE don't screw this one up VINCE!) could be the next Goldberg. In your favourite Taker Mark's humble opinion, for Edge to GET OVER totally and be RESPECTED as more than a gimmick style wrestler he needs, this is gonna sound terrible but, an edge to his charecter. For starters, Edge my friend LOSE THE 70's ROCK STAR STYLE HAIR! Edge with a 'Triple H cut' or something similar would be more than an improvement over his current look. Next i think Edge needs to think before he talks, for example, his interviews and promo's are full of cheap jokes followed by cheesy grins on his behalf. This won't do unless he plans on being content with the IC title region. Edge needs a killer instinct injected into his mic work so that instead of people thinking of him as a prankster, they think of him as seriously something to fear.

Now i do realise that my opinions are very biased and one-sided, so this is where everyone else comes into play. Any suggestions on what Edge should do next would be greatly appreciated, as i beleive Edge is the future, and the star closest to making it to the big time at present.

All opinions and comments are welcome.

Now...were did i stick that tape of the Undertaker...

This has been the Taker Mark.

Guest El Satanico

Beating Kurt Angle in five straight PPV's with each pin fall coming from a increasing number of spears in each match.

Let me spell this out for you slow witted chaps...

PPV 1= 1 spear in order to pin Angle

PPV 2= 2 spears

PPV 3= 3 spears

PPV 4= 4 spears

PPV 5= 5 spears

Guest goodhelmet

"For starters, Edge my friend LOSE THE 70's ROCK STAR STYLE HAIR! "

I agree 100% with you. When Edge and Booker were fighting over shampoo, someone suggested it should be a hairvs.hair maatch. I felt Edge needed to lose the hair. It might make the teeth stick out more but there is absolutely nothing unique about his look and the hairdo isn't doing him any favors.

Another obstacle in Edge's path is the writers and bookers. The win one-lose one mentality has to go in the WWF. Establish who you want to push. If Edge isn't put over people convincingly and consistently, then what's the point?

We know Edge can entertain a crowd and work the stick (X-Pac and Billy Gunn shoots, the hilarious E&C skits) so give him more interview and skit time.

Guest Mystery Eskimo

I wonder if they will put him over Kurt at Backlash?

*hides from Anglesault*

Guest Nater

I think he needs about 20-30 more lbs of muscle before he is buyable to the marks.. he still looks like a tall skinny dork on tv (however large he may be in life doesnt matter)

I think he needs about 20-30 more lbs of muscle before he is buyable to the marks.. he still looks like a tall skinny dork on tv (however large he may be in life doesnt matter)

I agree with you there, just look what bulking up did for Trippers. Along with his amazing charisma, he had the LOOK to help make him the greatest heel of this century, hands down. HIT WEIGHT GAIN 4000 SOON ADAM!

Thats right, yes. If you take a look at matches where Paul wrestled as Hunter-Hearst-Helmsley, the Grenwich snob, he was fairly skinny looking...well compared to how he is now anyway. After Wrestlemania 15, when Hunter began his single's push, he packed on the muscle...resulting in what we see before us every week on TV - Triple H

Guest DARRYLXWF

I just don't see Edge as a threat right now, and I think his non-bulkiness is a major factor as to why I, along with many other people don't see him as a threat to anything. And besides, what has he DONE that makes him a threat? King of the Ring? Nah.

Guest Mystery Eskimo

Edge has Billy Gunn-d the King of the Ring big time. I'd forgotten he even won it.

Guest muzanisa

He's had his run. If Angle can't elevate him then stop the push and reform E&C.

I don't know how much reforming E&C could do. I'm sorry but in my opinion, tag team wrestling is the most boring waste of a good wrestling match there could possibly be. You can ALWAYS see the finish coming, and I HATE that damn spot where two wrestlers slowly climb back to their corner. Christian can do great as an arrogant cruiserweight heel, and he's on the right show for it too. Christian/Tajiri vs. Angle/Kidman next week on Smackdown? Fuck, I'd book it! (But I'm a Kidman mark, so I digress)

How to elevate Edge..Well, let's see...cut out the lame "shoot-style" promos he does and get an actual sense of humor...Add a sense of elevated craziness to his already wacky personality (like when he gets pushed too far), he's DEFINITELY got the look for a mental patient. And have the Rock job out to him. It's the best way to get a main eventer over...AS LONG AS YOU DON'T STICK HIM WITH A MCMAHON. As far as I've seen being stuck with a McMahon is a surefire way to get your character stuck in midcard hell. Look what it did for the likes of Steve Blackman, Big Show, and Test. Or in the worst recent case, Chris Jericho (I'm an even bigger Y2J mark). Unless you're HHH, and win every match and being a badass heel that always seems to come out on top, I've still never seen a McMahon help another wrestler get over by being their manager. Even Austin was a better heel without Vince by his side (pre-InVasion).

Guest Caliban

Edge is getting there slowly but surely. A lot of people see his feud with Angle as a step down for Angle. I believe that it is more like a step up for Edge. Angle is still over, he has great heat right now. And if Edge gets a clean win over Angle then it will be a step up for him.

I think all Edge needs is credibility right now. The poor guy was jobbing to William Regal for most of the year. He can make it. Just watch.

Guest Anglesault
Angle is still over, he has great heat right now. And if Edge gets a clean win over Angle then it will be a step up for him.

Hi there. Happy-Sault here, and I'm not so sure that that idea is such a good one.

Guest Caliban

Angle can lose sometimes can't he? Hey I like Angle. He's the best performer in the WWF right now. I'd like him even more if he helped to put over talent.

Guest Anglesault
Angle can lose sometimes can't he? Hey I like Angle. He's the best performer in the WWF right now. I'd like him even more if he helped to put over talent.

Putting Edge over clean could kill Kurt.

Guest Caliban

I doubt that... Angle would likely get his heat back at some point anyway. And hell, Angle has done jobs for just about everyone on the upper card roster... and he still has his heat. Jobbing to Edge wouldn't kill it.

Guest muzanisa

Happy Sault didn't last long;)

No way should Angle or Rock job to Edge.

Angle can make him look competitive and if they can have ***+ matches then that will help. Angle should only job to the M/E and guys at his level like Jericho and Benoit.

Rock has jobbed to everyone in the last couple of years and should be protected for a while.

Guest Anglesault

Edge isn't on the upper card roster. Now we're in the territory of losing to midcarders CLEAN. He'll just look inferior.

You are making me Significantly Less-Happy-Sault

Edge isn't on the upper card roster. Now we're in the territory of losing to midcarders CLEAN. He'll just look inferior.

Well i guess this isn't going to help...

I LIKE EDGE MORE THAN KURT ANGLE!!!

Guest Anglesault

That's nice. :D

That's nice. :D

LOL

This has been the Taker Mark...who was unable to crack Anglesault

Guest Anglesault

Not when I'm in HappySault mode. There is ONE thing that can crack me when I'm in HappySault mode. When you've come to the board for a while you'll know what it is. Or, you can just ask anyone what Pet peeve of mine will knock me out of HS mode.

Guest Star Ocean 3

Edge needs a real finisher. His spear is awful, and that "Edgecution" DDT or whatever isn't very well known.

Guest Shawn

Is Edge ready for the top? Hell no. He sucks aside from E&C. I just hate how they pump those Edgehead cheers through the PA when he comes out. It's like Goldberg for WCW (with the chant/cheer pumping thing).

Spear!

...or not.

Guest humongous2002

Edge needs to get a new finisher because the Spear is not as impactful as the GORE!!!

Then he needs to get bigger, cause he still looks like a tall, skinny, geek so he's got to ask HGH how to do a good cycle.

Guest Shawn

Edge's finisher is the "Edgeicutioner" DDT. It's probably called that because he is killing his career.

Guest the living legend

Edge needs to do something with the hair and needs to gain some muscle he really looks skinny on tv. Personally they've got to reform the E & C team as there is just no time to push Edge when there are more important talents to push ie. Jericho and Angle and Brock