TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Redhawk

Whos' the most annoying sports tv person?

Guest Redhawk

1) Chris Connelly -- You know, the host of "Unscripted" on ESPN. I fucking HATE this prick. For one, he thinks that just because he used to work for MTV he's all cool and has to name-drop musicians all the time. Like when he was talking to CC Sabathia and asked him if he used to dress like Bubba Sparxxx. Or someone will say something about their car and he'll spout off some dumb shit about Snoop and Dre in their '64 Impala. Then, he kisses every guest's ass uncontrollably. He told Bill Romanowski that he was one of the best linebackers in the league and one of the toughest players of all-time. Bill Romanowski? What a prick.

2) Bill Walton -- I love how he and Snapper Jones can't hide their mutual hate on the air, but Snapper doesn't win enough for me. Walton really thinks he was a big deal in the league, as if Jermaine O'Neal wouldn't have dunked all over his head. And just wait until his son gets to the NBA. I can't wait to hear Bill call one of Luke's games.

3) Harold Lederman -- The guy on HBO's boxing broadcasts. "I'VE GOT THE BOUT 70-63, 7 ROUNDS TO ZERO, LENNOX LEWIS!" The most annoying voice this side of Stephanie McMahon and Gilbert Gottfried.

4) Tim Daggett -- The guy who does gymnastics for NBC. "That wasn't perfect! That'll cost her big time!" Shut up you nancy boy. And the way he (and all other gynastics and figure skating announcers) groan and seem to have orgasms on air when someone does something good annoys me to no end. Marv Albert says, "YES!", and they say, "UUUUHHH!"

Guest goodhelmet

Joe theisman- Shut him the hell up!!!! You would think someone who played football actually knew something about football.

Guest Kahran Ramsus

Bob Costas.  Whenever he speaks, I just get the urge to beat the crap out of my television.

1. Jon Miller. Just can't stand his announcing. If it wasn't for Joe Morgan, I don't know what I'd do. Miller also lacks a bit of intelligence.

2. Billy Packer. He can be SO stupid about strategy in the basketball he's calling. Really, Billy, you have no clue.

Guest Bruin

I loathe just about every announcer on Fox that does baseball. They rarely say anything of interest, and they tend talk about "facts" on certain players, that sounds like they just pulled it out of their asses

Guest Vern Gagne

-Stuart Scott. Ok Stu we get it you're black! Most blacks don't talk like that.

-Rich Eisen. He's just a big pc simp, who thinks he's the funniest person in the world. I saw him on that Carson Daley show, who the hell wants to see a ESPN anchor on a show. Who cares about ESPN anchors. I watch SportsCenter for the highlights not to see the anchors.

-Linda Cohen. Just an annoying bitch. She said everyone forgot about the 76ers except her. No Linda in the lousy East you weren't the only who though Philadelphia had a chance at winning the conference.

-Jim Rome. Little fucking prick. He'll kiss your ass if you're on his show, but if you don't he'll tell everyone how awful you are. It honestly wouldn't suprise me if John Rocker would of done his show he would of been alot less tough on him.

bill walton, god, he said kobe bryant was mvp THIS year.  Fuckin idiot, they can't do shit without shaq, kobe is way way way overrated.  also stuart scott is unbearable

Guest starvenger

- Jim Rome. What a smug little fucker.

- Leo Rautins (Raptors colour commentator). Worst case of verbal diarrhea I've ever seen, talking nonstop over the PBP man.  It's worse because the Raptors broadcasts are sometimes simulcasted on radio, and Rautins often describes things as if you're watching TV, so if you're listening in you've no fucking clue what's going on.

- The British F1 guys.  You think your local sports guys are homers, listen to these guys heap praise on fellow Brit David Coulthard when he's GETTING LAPPED!

Guest ajc

Hoo boy...now *this* is a worthwile topic!

1.) Chris Berman - From his goofy nicknames for ballplayers, to his over-the-top football schtick (stolen, in its entirety, from John Madden), I'll always change the channel if I see this blob on my screen.  Plus, his bias for the 49ers (they gave him a ring when they won SB 29 vs. the Chargers) and the SF Giants is nauseating.

2.) Jim Rome - The greatest day in my life was watching former Rams QB Jim Everett attack this lil' beeyotch on-the-air.  The sad thing is that Rome knows his stuff, but seems intent on cowardly insulting jocks from his lil' radio show and kissing their ass when they show up on his TV show.  

3.) Keith Olbermann - I just don't get the fascination with this guy.  Yeah, he and Dan Patrick played well off of each other, but his holier-than-thou attitude ('real men don't taunt') just rubbed me the wrong way.  Don't preach your sports gospel to me.  Just read the damn teleprompter and tell me if the A's won.

4.) Pat Summerall - At one point in time, he was one of the best play by play men in the biz, but his work deteriorated to Nash-like depths, recently.  He misses plays, can't identify players and just seems lost.  I, for one, won't miss him.

5.) John Madden - He stopped being innovative and "fresh" years ago.  He's loud & grating & doesn't ever say anything of relevance anymore.  ABC thinks that he'll spark a ratings renaissance on Monday Night Football, but I say better games would do the trick.

Honorable Mentions: Gary Thorne, Rob Dibble, Chris Connelly, Roy Firestone

Guest The Electrifyer

Here in Canada, almost every commentator from Rogers Sportsnet sucks. There all so boring and unbelievably sucky. They make high-flying Vince Carter games seem like ballroom dancing to me.

Guest Some Guy

Jack buck and Tim McCarver (the Fox baseball guys) are annoying as hell.  Buck lacks personality and McCarver comes across as pompous, arogant asshole.

Joe Morgan has improved greatly over the years.  5 yrs ago you could tell what color a player was just by listening to how he put them over.  A black player would hit a bloop single and it would be called as, "A good piece of hitting" or somehting like that.  A white players hit the same blooper and he would just call it a blooper.  He has improved but the racism is still there if you listen for it.  If he jerked off Barry Bonds any more they would be considered married in Vermont.  Bonds is a great player but Morgan never put Big Mac over 98 like he does Barry.

John Madden is a fat moron.  At the end of the Superbowl he said that the Pats should take a knee and play for over time.  I thought he was supposed to be some brilliant Football guy, who in there right mind would take a knee with 45 seconds left in the fucking Superbowl?

Guest starvenger

True, except for the 10pm SportsCentral crew.  They're pretty hilarious, especially their Olympic "highlights" (there was a 1-day blackout on showing highlights for non-Olympic stations in Canada).  The Canada-Belarus game looked a lot like the Summit Series for some reason...

Guest Karnage

Don Taylor and Jody Vance are the only two I like at Roger's Sportsnet. I also met Don, he's a real nice guy.

Guest ajc
Joe Morgan has improved greatly over the years.   He has improved but the racism is still there if you listen for it.  

Joe Morgan...a racist?  Uhh, now I'm not sayin' a black man can't be a racist, but Joe Morgan's second (and current) wife is white.  If Morgan has any bias, it's towards his Cincinnati teams of the '70s.  It seems like he can't go three innings, without mentioning how great Johnny Bench, Pete Rose, Tony Perez and Ken Griffey were.

Guest Some Guy

When did he Marry her? I said he's gotten better in the last five years.  But yes he does have a bias to his Reds and black/minority players.  The former is still as pronouned as ever but the latter has decreased greatly.  Keep in mind it was never overt name calling, just subtle differences that you started to pick up on after a little while.  It's probaly justified in some ways because baseball has not always been the most Black friendly sport, to say the least especially when he played in the 70's, it has improved alot in the last 15 years though as the black players finnaly proved that they can not only be just as good as, but better than the white players.  It's pretty sad that someone wouldn't want a black guy on their team, even if they could play, just because of their skin color, IMO.

Guest Redhawk

The Atlanta Braves' announcers -- I know they work for Ted Turner and all, but try to be somewhat impartial. I was watching Atlanta play the Mets today, and here's some of the announcer's highlights:

After Braves pitcher Albie Lopez walked a Met: "Come on, Albie."

They call every Braves player and coach by their first name or nickname, and even called Tom Glavine "Tommy."

After the Mets got a hit: "There goes that dreaded 'Let's go Mets' chant."

Guest MikeSharp12
After Braves pitcher Albie Lopez walked a Met: "Come on, Albie."

I was just going to mention that, too.  Wonderful.

Guest Kingpk

Bob Costas- tell me again why they dumped the perfectly good crew on "Inside the NFL" to keep him from jumping to ESPN?  What the fuck does Costas know about football?

The Worst Damn Sports Show Period - just put Lisa Guerrero on camera for two hours and glue Tom Arnold's mouth shut.

Guest Some Guy

Costas knows all! he knows everything about Baseball, Boxing, Football, Hockey, Basketball, The Olympics, or at least he likes to think he does. And apparently he thinks he knows more about Pro-wrestling than Vince McMahon too.

Guest treble charged

I HATE the Braves' announcers.  Last year they were doing a game at SkyDome and the roof was open.  They were looking at the CN Tower, but they kept calling it the CP Tower.  How hard is it to ask someone what the proper name is?  Most people from Atlanta probably wouldn't know the difference, but since it was on TBS, which, I'm pretty sure is on most Canadian cable plans, lots of people saw it.  Morons.

Guest Redhawk

Does Tom Arnold even count as a sports TV personality? I hope to hell not, because that's an insult to the profession. He is such an idiot. Did anyone see when Drew Gooden was on there and he kept asking him if he had a girlfriend? I missed the episode where Arnold gets to interview Bob Knight. I hope Knight ripped him a new one. Anyone see it?

And speaking of the "Best Damn...", D'Marco Farr sucks as well. So does Chris Rose (you know, 'that other guy,' who is just the host).

I like John Salley, though. He could be the next Barkley if TNT or ESPN gave him a job next year.

The Worst Damn Sports Show Period - just put Lisa Guerrero on camera for two hours and glue Tom Arnold's mouth shut.

What channel and time and say is that on? I hear so much shit about and I wanted to check it out for myself. Plus Lisa Guererro is hot as hell. How old is she?

2.) Jim Rome - The greatest day in my life was watching former Rams QB Jim Everett attack this lil' beeyotch on-the-air.  The sad thing is that Rome knows his stuff, but seems intent on cowardly insulting jocks from his lil' radio show and kissing their ass when they show up on his TV show.

Sweet. When was that? What did he say? I hate that guy too. I used to like him when he only had his radio show but he is such a pompous ass now its amazing.

newlisa1.jpg

I will eat you out if you want Lisa Guerreor.

Guest Kingpk

<<What channel and time and say is that on? I hear so much shit about and I wanted to check it out for myself. Plus Lisa Guererro is hot as hell. How old is she?>>

It's on at 11 on your Fox Sports channel.  I would guess Guerrero is in her late 20-early 30s

<<Sweet. When was that? What did he say? I hate that guy too. I used to like him when he only had his radio show but he is such a pompous ass now its amazing.>>

It was in the early days of ESPN2 and Rome had his own show.  He kept calling Jim Everett "Chris Everett", the famous women's tennis star, probably just to be a little bitch, which is what he looked like in those days.  Everett told him if he called him that one more time "they should go to a station break."  He did, Jim tossed the table to the side and went after him.

Guest ant_7000

1 Bill Walton: everything he says be so stupid thats why they I like when snapper to roast him every time he's says something stupid.

2 Peter Vecesy: I cant stand him he's always dissing somebody all the time, he talks alot of shit 4 a guy whom never made it big to play in the NBA.

3 Bob Costas: I know you have 2 be objective sometimes but damn i has nothing postive 2 say

Stephen A Smith he annoys me for some reason. You know that basketball dude that talks about basketball.

That Chris Connley dude. Unscripted my arse!

Other than that most are alright. Not like I would want anything bad to happen to them.

Guest ajc
When did he Marry her? I said he's gotten better in the last five years.  But yes he does have a bias to his Reds and black/minority players.  

I know she was at his HOF induction back in 1990 and they have at least one kid together.  I just don't see what you see, I guess.  In relation to Bonds, I know that Morgan was the color commentator on the local Giants broadcasts quite awhile, which could've lent towards his "bias".  Whatever, I guess...

Guest treble charged

The Blue Jays' announcers on SportsNet (Rob Faulds, John Cerutti) are terrible.  This is especially a big letdown after years of listening to Dan Schulman and Buck Martinez on TSN, who were possibly the best announcing team in all of baseball.

Guest Redhawk

Stephen A. Smith is kind of annoying. He tries to get all tough and loud, like, "KEVIN GAH-NETT AIN'T TOUGH ENOUGH! DEY LOST! DEY LOST!" But you know he wouldn't be that bold if Garnett were sitting there.

Stephen A Smith he annoys me for some reason. You know that basketball dude that talks about basketball.

That Chris Connley dude. Unscripted my arse!

Other than that most are alright. Not like I would want anything bad to happen to them.

I cant't stand Connely. He thinks he's so god damn cool because he was on MTV. Hey Chris.....not everyone who worked with the news branch was cool. Look at Kurt Loder and that fucking caveman looking guy with the gay voice. And you were just as bad.