TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
cabbageboy

Matrix Revolutions

Spoiler (Highlight to Read):

Well because of how the whole "Will peace last forever?" question was going around in the ending, it makes you think that's what would cause the 4th one...and I can see that happening with the Oracle vs. Archetist...like maybe she wants full control of the Matrix or something.

^About a possible 4th one.

My thoughts:

Average overall, and very disapointing. the battle of Docks deep went on for WAY to long, and Trinities death scene just DRAGGED. If someone has about 5 rebar sticking out of you, you won't talk for five minutes. And there sure were a lot of Christ references in the movie.

-Back to the sunlight part. What the FUCK was that? I know they were going for a nice moment, but the very idea of sunlight existing above the smoke and scorched earth hurts the series on so many levels. Didn't Morpheus say that humans scorched the sky so that the machines couldn't use solar power? Further, the reason for using humans for energy is because of the sun being scorched. If all the machines had to do was go up another mile for sun energy what is the point of using humans for power? That 20 seconds or so literally fucks up the entire initial premise of the series.

-If you noticed, the ship they wre in lost power near the top due to all of the electrical interference or something. Apparently, the machines would have the same problem.

--The ending. Sweet Jesus. If I told you the ending to this entire series would be The Oracle (who I thought had died once she became a clone of Smith, but somehow she lived even though Neo and the other clones all die, explain that one Wachowskis) and The Architect (I covered my face once he appeared) have a short conversation in the Matrix where the Architect says "Oh, I'll just release anyone who wants out of the Matrix."

-the little girl was also a abosrbed by Smith, and was released. Apparently, all of the clones went back to normal.

I just thought of something and maybe I'm being too weird, but the parallels between the Zion Battle in Revolutions and the Helms Deep Battle in Two Towers is amazing!

In both they were confined to a small stronghold while fighting off numerous enemies. In the Two Towers it was Helms Deep and in the Matrix it was Zion.

In both they are slowly driven deeper into the stronghold as the enemy makes their way in.

In both help comes during the battle: In the Two Towers it was the elves and in the Matrix it was Niobe and Morpheus.

In both they are at the brink of being defeated and organize a last ditch effort. In Two Towers it was Aragorn and company riding out into the battle and in Matrix they were planning one last ditch effort that was said to be suicide.

And in both they were saved by an outside force that came through in the clutch. In Two Towers it was Gandalf and in Matrix it was Neo.

Weird huh?

Oh, I already made the Helms Deep comparisons earlier in the thread. But at least Helms Deep had major characters involved in the battle, the whole Zion battle had a "who the hell are these guys?" quality to it.

Besides, there's no way that the Neo save is anywhere close to the Gandalf save in TTT. How could anyone not mark out big time during that moment in TTT?