TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Vern Gagne

Who does the hard stuff

Guest snuffbox

Tully Blanchard back in the day, had a cocaine problem. He addresses it during his RF Shoot interview, he also spends an inordinate ammount of time scratching his nose. Always recovering, never recovered.  Apparently Ric Flair spent alot of quality time with Tully in the 80s, this could help to explain his current lisp and his godlike workrate back then.

Some body asked on the first page so anyway...

The Duggan and Shiek story is that they were feuding at the time and one night after a show at like 3 in the morning they were pretty heavily doped up, they went to a MacDonalds for some food, when they were told it was closed , they picked up a huge boulder that was out front and threw it threw the window, cops came and then they tried to fight the cops.  They got caught with possesion of cocaine and some other crap.  Vince then placed a rule that you coudn't hang out with heels if you were a face and vice versa

The Duggan and Shiek story is that they were feuding at the time and one night after a show at like 3 in the morning they were pretty heavily doped up, they went to a MacDonalds for some food, when they were told it was closed , they picked up a huge boulder that was out front and threw it threw the window, cops came and then they tried to fight the cops.  They got caught with possesion of cocaine and some other crap.  Vince then placed a rule that you coudn't hang out with heels if you were a face and vice versa

Wrong story. The McDonalds incident involved Mr. Saito and Ken Patera. Both served jail time.

Duggan and Iron Sheik were traveling together when they were caught. Duggan was busted for marijuana and open container. I can't remember what all Iron Sheik was charged with.

Tully Blanchard back in the day, had a cocaine problem. He addresses it during his RF Shoot interview, he also spends an inordinate ammount of time scratching his nose. Always recovering, never recovered.  Apparently Ric Flair spent alot of quality time with Tully in the 80s, this could help to explain his current lisp and his godlike workrate back then.

Flair has had his lisp for a lot longer than he's known Tully. If anything, Flair's lisp is the result of his dental work (or lack thereof).

Flair's workrate? Who knows? As crazy as his schedule was, Thesz worked a schedule that wasn't that much easier than Flair's.

Come up with more evidence before you accuse someone next time.

Guest Vern Gagne

Dynamite Kid said in his book that only Bob Backlund, and Mike Sharpe didn't do drugs back in the 80's.

Guest HBK WILL ROT IN HELL

yeah debilator i have read that Hogan was on everything during the early to mid eighties. Drinker, Druggo everything.

Guest Redhawk

It's hard to tell who's really done stuff unless you were there, but it's always fun to point out who LOOKS like they do drugs. That being said, let me nominate:

Lita (just look at her)

Raven (just look at him)

Perry Saturn (something has to explain the tattooes)

Undertaker (very recently, like before his match with RVD tonight)

Vince McMahon (like you didn't suspect it already)

Jerry Lawler (classic "Dirty Old Man Who Knows the Best Dealers.")

In 1987 Duggan and Iron Sheik were involved in a feud. One day they were travelling in the same car when they were stopped by the police. Drunk driving and posession of marijuana was the story so it really doesn't fit in this thread.

Anyway, it got picked up by mainstream media who made fun of it and held it up for everyone to see how fake wrestling and it's feuds are.

I know that a lot of Wrestlers in the WWF & Japan take coke to help their workrate.  That's why so many of the best Wrestlers are so fucked up when their careers end.

How does that help?

In the early 1980s, Hulk Hogan used to wrestle while he was doped up on cocaine and stiff the "enhancement talent".

Are you kidding or not? If not who told you this?

Dynamite took it all the time too.  The Kliq, Shawn especially, took it often and I think Bret took it at one point in his career but got off it early enough so that it didn't fuck him up.

Jake The Snake still takes Crack to the best of my knowlage.  The WAW (UK Promotion) recently fired him for taking it.

When did the Kliq take it? before the WWF or in it? And who reported this?

And didn't Ted Dibase find Jake to try to help him or soemthing? Does anybody know what happened with that?

Wrong story. The McDonalds incident involved Mr. Saito and Ken Patera. Both served jail time.

Duggan and Iron Sheik were traveling together when they were caught. Duggan was busted for marijuana and open container. I can't remember what all Iron Sheik was charged with.

But Vince still placed the no face/heels in public thing after Mr Saito and Ken Patera? How long were they jail anyhow and who the hell was Saito?

Apparently Ric Flair spent alot of quality time with Tully in the 80s, this could help to explain his current lisp and his godlike workrate back then.

Cocain gives you lisp?

Finally I have to ask if all these guys are doing drugs why arent there more firings? They fired GMS and Eddie so why not any other guys?

Guest buffybeast

Cocaine is a stimulant drug.  So it can be assumed that it can give you energy and as a result more stamina in the ring.

Guest humongous2002

Well if we are talking Roids that would be 90% of the WWF roster, now recerational drugs that would be Road Dogg , RVD, Godfather, and maybe Jeff Hardy since he is one weird motherf...er. Then we got the pain killers that would be almost all of them.

Guest El Satanico
Finally I have to ask if all these guys are doing drugs why arent there more firings? They fired GMS and Eddie so why not any other guys?

Well first of all i'm sure the guys that do it keep it within the group of guys doing it. I'm sure it's not one those things that guys discuss openly and i'd reckon that they do it in ways so that the guys in charge aren't fully aware of it.

GMS and Eddy got fired because they got in the news for messing up in drug related ways not just because of having or using drugs.

Vince won't fire a guy just because he finds out he uses drugs unless they get in trouble and make it into the news. Well if it caused them problems performing or screw up in other ways just known from within(like road dogg) i'm sure they'd consider firing them. But other then that they wouldn't have any real need to fire guys. But i'd reckon the only sure fire way to get  fired over it is to either get in the news for damage inflicted by or violence stemming from drug use of some sort(like Eddy) or to get caught with hard drugs(like GMS).

Guest RickyB
Quote (RickyB @ April 07 2002,18:29)

I know that a lot of Wrestlers in the WWF & Japan take coke to help their workrate.  That's why so many of the best Wrestlers are so fucked up when their careers end.

How does that help?

Because it's a stimulant, stimulants give you a lot of energy so they won't blow up in the ring if they are working hard.

Some Soccer players used it to get a lot of energy during the matches (Diego Maradona is the biggest example) so that they wouldn't get tired running around for 90 minutes (even though they get banned if they get cought) so I guess using it in Wrestling would give the same effect.

By the way, Road Dogg wasn't fired for just using drugs, it was mainly because he made a pass at Stephanie McMahon.

Guest RickyB
or to get caught with hard drugs(like GMS).

I thought he was cought with a stimulant that was legal in the States but not in Canada.  And that it wasn't his either but he owned up to it because he knew he had it before he entered Canada but not when he was entering Canada.