TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Matt Young

"Gorgeous" Gary Young

I've heard about a wrestler from the 80's who I believe wrestled in World Class and/or Mid-South who went by the name of "Gorgeous" Gary Young. he was mentioned in Mick Foley's first book, and I know that one or two Scott Keith video reviews I've read have included some of his matches. I'd like to know if anyone here could tell me who he was (basically give me a bio), show me a pic or two, etc. The reason I ask is because my dad's name is Gary Young, and upon hearing that there was a wretsler who shared his name, he wanted to know more about him (as do I). Any info or links would be very much appreciated.

I think he might have wrestled in the old Global Wrestling Federation.

The guy I'm thinking of had short curly hair and a moustache.

I know for sure his first name was Gary, but if it was Gary young I'm not too sure.

I have a magazine (PWI maybe) from December 1991 or so (Hogan doing a legdrop on the cover, inside story on the possibility of Hogan vs. Ric Flair) and I have a vivid memory of them covering Gary somebody in one of the "Matches across the country" type features.

Damned if I can't get my hands on it though as it's in my attic and only my parents know where it's at specifically.