TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Corey_Lazarus

NECW

So yeah...my dad showed me an ad from last Friday's paper for New England Championship Wrestling's show tonight in Framingham, MA. The show's title is "Submission: Impossible." The advertised card is...

Maverick Wild {c} vs. "Brutal" Bob Evans in an Ultimate Submission match for the NECW Heavyweight championship

"MoFo" Steve Bradley vs. "The Golden Greek" Alex Arion

Sabotage {c} vs. Adrenaline for the NECW Tag Team championship

and Mercedes Martinez vs. Nikki Roxx.

I'm going regardless...but, for you other NE indy fans, is NECW any good, or should I expect a card the quality that NEWA/RIWA would put out?

Corey, I don't think ANYTHING could be worse than the RIWA/NEWA "wrasslers".

At least these guys were trained (a lot of guys around here weren't, and just do it for shits and giggles), and have had some experience in legit feds (Bradley in Memphis, HWA, Arion in ROH, etc.)

Guest Jay Z. Hollywood

NECW has some good wrestlers- Maverick is very blegh, but Arion's a good->very good performer, I enjoy his work. Steve Bradley's really underrated. WWE should never have cut him. Bob Evans trained a buddy of mine and is a solid wrestler (but he can't throw a dropkick to save his life, lol.)

Mercedes Martinez is an INCREDIBLE women's wrestler. Stiff as hell.

So if you go, it'll be an enjoyable time. Nothing mindblowing, but a decent and fun way to spend a night if you go.

Bullet Bob Evans!

My immature mark friends and I were unrelentless on this guy when we saw him at a WFA show, calling him various different forms of "Baldy". And trust me, there's a lot of them.

Arion/Bradley is the current WFA main event, and it's always pretty good, so you should be happy with that.

And... that's all I can tell you, really. Enjoy the show and stuff.

Bradley got a raw deal from WWE. They were setting him up to be their version of RVD, but when they got RVD himself, Bradley got the can.

Too bad, because he's a great talent.

Guest ToddRoyal

Bradley is definitely good. He was the one carrying Kurt Angle in their early matches, and he had some really good dark matches/house show matches just before he was released. Arion, Wild and Evans are all also varying degrees of good-very good.