TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest goodhelmet

Beatles fans unite!

Guest goodhelmet

Being a huge Beatles fan I always like to find other Beatles fans who appreciate their music. With that said, what is your favorite album and song?

My favorite song, without hesitation is "I'm So Tired" from the White Album. Two minutes of perfection and probably my favorite song EVER.

My favorite album is probably Revolver. "here there and everywhere", "tomorrow never knows", and "got to get you into my life" are some of the best pop songs ever [produced.

Guest Mystery Eskimo

Across the universe and paperback writer are my favourite songs, and the white album is my favourite, er, album.

Guest Kinetic

Abbey Road has long been my favorite Beatles record, and after singing its praises on here the other day I gave it a listen for the first time in about a year.  I liked it so much that I was forced to break up my long-standing Holy Trinity of Rock Records by adding a fourth to the mix.

My favorite Beatles song is probably "Norwegian Wood."  Almost all of them are good, though.  It's like trying to choose between your children.  Or someone else's children that you're really fond of, I guess.

Guest ArkhamGlobe

My favorite album is Revolver, Tomorrow Never Knows is easily my favorite Beatles song, with honorable mention going to While my Guitar Gently Weeps, Here Comes the Sun, A Day in the Life and Come Together.

Guest godthedog

'abbey road', easily.  every full-length song is about on par with everything they've ever done, & the superlatives don't do the string of half-songs.  their songwriting, vocals, & use of the studio were running on all cylinders.  most emotionally draining album i've ever heard, & my favorite work of art in any medium at all.

might be a cop-out, but my favorite song by them is probably 'a day in the life'.  i don't think i need to explain why.

Guest The Man in Blak

Wow...picking a favorite song AND album?  Just one of each?

Album-wise, it's really close between Revolver, Sgt. Peppers, and the White Album...but the White Album gets it, just because of the overall vibe.  I love almost all the shit on there.

Favorite song is just as tight of a race..."Tomorrow Never Knows", "Revolution", "I Am The Walrus", "In My Life", "Strawberry Fields Forever" and "While My Guitar Gently Weeps" are all up there for me.  I guess if I have to give it to one, I'd say Revolution (the B-side of Hey Jude version, not the slower version on the White Album).

I totally mark for all of their stuff from Beatles for Sale and beyond, though.  I = Beatlemaniac.

Guest Addy

This topic makes me feel proud to live in Liverpool and proud that I walk past Penny Lane nearly everyday!

Anyway my favourite songswould have to be 'Free As A Bird', 'Maxwell Silver Hammer', 'Penny Lane' and every other song they've recorded.

Also John Lennons 'Working Class Hero' is pretty sweet, too!

Never been a big Beatles fan. All things must pass is Okay. Otherwise I'd go for the Byrds, The Doors and Led Zeppelin  as the best bands from that era. The Byrds overall. The Doors for the Doors and LA Woman and Led Zep for III IV and Physical Grafitti.

I just think that they were better than anything the Beatles did IMO.

If I have to choose Beatles I'd go for Revolver and Tomorrow never Knows

Guest Big McLargeHuge

Whoa, almost missed this topic.

Album: 'Abbey Road' without question. I haven't heard the white album, so that's disqualified. Revolver is close. It does contain "I'm only sleeping", "For no one" and "Eleanor Rigby", but Abbey Road has "Come Together", "Something", "Here Comes the Sun", and easily one of the most kick ass dark horse Beatles songs ever..."I want you (she's so heavy)"

Song: This was tough. I've always maintained that 'A day in the life' was their best, and one of my faves, but I really like 'Drive my car', 'She loves you', the above mentioned 'I want you', 'You can't do that' and 'I'm only sleeping'. This is tough...I'll have to pick..."She loves you"