TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Mystery Eskimo

Best shows and worst shows

Guest Mystery Eskimo

What really great or really poor performances have people seen from bands?

Guest pinkslut

iv seen lots of good perforances from last summer, manics ., king adora, marilyn manson, queens of the stone age. -these were all at leeds festival

the bad ones at that festival were eels (even though im a big eels fan it was just boring and sucked. strokes (they just sounded really bad and again i like them. eminem(dont really like him but they did a load of D12 shit and again very boring.

Guest goodhelmet

In terms of the show I had the most fun at: Suicidal Tendencies

Best stage show EVER: Alice Cooper

Worst Show: I saw Live(the band) in 1995 and the show was crap.

Guest saturnmark4life

Best were Mad caddies at Leeds fest last year, and Frank Black in my home town last year. The man is INCREDIBLE.

Worst were Black Crowes, who just weren't tryin really, and some local band called Dolium, whose lead singer jumped around in front of us before the show muttering something and threw a chair across the room. They had a guitarist behind a curtain next to the stage, god knows why he wasn't on as an actual BAND MEMBER, it's not like this was a stadium gig. i guess it was to make the lead singer guy look good. The drummer was fairly non-offensive, but only cos he looked like Rivers Cuomo and the bassist was some goth chick with the most annoying voice ever and just did a load of sliding notes. We dispatched of them fairly soon via heckling.

Guest TUS_02

Best show for me was probably Metallica's set during Summer Sanatarium tour.  It was just a great rush seeing those guys on stage, playing for what seemed like an eternity (which was a good thing).  In a verrrrrrrrrry close second place comes STP, who I saw twice in 3 months.  Weiland just has an assload of energy during the shows and isn't afraid to do anything.  

Worst show has to be Staind, whom I also saw twice (both times were with STP, believe it or not).  Aaron Lewis is the complete opposite of Weiland... he walks from side to side, keels over, screams, then walks to the other side... OR... sits down to play the accoustic.  I don't know many people who have fallen asleep, but those assclowns put me to sleep, quickly.

Guest BottleRocket

I went to MACrock this past weekend and saw a slew of killer bands:

Denali

Rah Bras

Q And Not U

Engine Down

The Dismemberment Plan

Party Of Helicopters

Aloha

The Ivory Coast

Karate

Ted Leo/Pharmacists

Rainer Maria

Fugazi

Guest swan

Best(Tie): Ramones, Mercyful Fate, and Morphine were all great

Worst: Suicidal Tendencies were just plain awful.

Guest Red Hot Thumbtack In The Eye

best ones would be Metallica/Corrosion of conformity in the spring of 98...post sellout metallica before they started being pretty boys onstage...rocked all kinds of balls

another great one would be Fear Factory/Dry Kill Logic...dry kill logic is a fucking ENERGY BOMB onstage...and fear factory were awesome...at the end of the night we tore that little club to rubble when dry kill...joined FF onstage to kick our collective asses with 'Edge crusher'...

Six days after that pantera came rolling thru...and i was quite dissapointed...the music was tight as hell...the crowd was so hot...the stage show was great...but the band (particularly Phil) just looked so tired...showing their age...

Guest Shaved Bear

Best:

I saw Metallica twice

Pantera twice

Slayer 3 times

all good

Worst:

This band overkill, they thought they were all hot crap, but they were just plain crap, but because we were in the bands hometown, the crowd was into them.

Guest Anorak

One of the most enjoyable shows i have ever been to was Aerosmith at the NEC in Birmingham in 97. They really went flat out to put great show and they played some of their real classic stuff from the seventies, hearing Sweet Emotion live was great. Best recent show was Elbow and Mull Historical Society at the Leicester Charlotte. Elbow were really powerful live and a lot heavier than i expected.

Guest CoreyLazarus416

BEST

1. Rob Zombie

My friend Steve put it best when he said, "all that and a bunch of tits."

2. Ozzy Osbourne

For as old as the guy is (52-53), he's fucking killer live. Zakk Wylde's usual greatness always shined through, and he did a 5-minute solo. The bassist was doing crab-walks while playing, and then started spinning and swinging the bass around. EVERYBODY was alive.

3. Slayer

Only lower than Ozzy and Rob because of the awesomeness of Rob's stage show (MONSTERS GALORE!! ) and Ozzy's insanity. Easily the best live pure metal band in history.

4. Sevendust

I hate this band. I hate this band with a passion. But if somebody offered me tickets to see them live, I'd go in a heartbeat because they are truly one of those bands you NEED to see live to appreciate.

5. Pantera

"Hellbound" + pyro = :D Plus the fact that EVERYBODY knows ALL the words to almost ALL of the songs...and if they didn't, they made noises similar to the actual words. INSANE pit.

WORST

1. Mudvayne

Need I say more? Really awful band, boring-as-fuck live show. And Kudd did nothing but preach and cuss onstage, like a poor man's angry teenage Henry Rollins. Fuck him in his stupid ass...HE IS THE ONE THAT IS THE BALL-LICKER!

2. Skrape

See above...only minus the preaching and rant about the vocalist. Just an overall horrible band.

3. Ancient 4:O1

Local pop/punk band. 'Nuff said? Only reason I went to the show is because my friend James is the drummer.

4. The Weebs

Local Weezer cover band. They were at a show my band, The Wesux, was playing at, and they were the very first band to play. Only saving grace was the guitarist's (Max) fro, and the vocalist's (my buddy Kurt) t-shirts.

5. Morbid Angel

I don't know if they usually put on a good live show, but at the Extreme Steel Tour, they were shitty. Almost as bad as Skrape on that tour, but the songs were just higher quality (although Skrape had more energy onstage). All they did was stand still, play their songs, and occasionally move their head as fans blew their knee-length hair out of their faces.

Guest hardyz1
4. Sevendust

I hate this band. I hate this band with a passion.

Every time you say that, baby Jesus cries. :(

Guest Mark4steamboat

When S.O.A.D was onstage during Pledge of Allegiance tour, the show rocked. when no one, Mudvayne, Slipknot, and others were on, it sucked. really bad stuff.

Tool and APC have put on great shows when ive seen them. i have never seen a bad tool concert.