TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest The Son of Sting

Capcom vs SNK Choas

Guest The Son of Sting

I know CvS is coming out on NEO GEO and PS2 but havent heard of any other conversions. Has anyone heard of a Cube or XBox version?

Thanks.

Just Neo and PS2 so far. I would not count on a Xbox or GC port.

BTW, it is SNK vs. Capcom. The ones made by Capcom were Capcom vs. SNK, and the ones made by SNK are SNK vs. Capcom.

It's confirmed for Neo and the Japanese PS2. No word on whether it's coming to the American PS2 or not.

Yeah what he said. A cube version will never be released but the x-box version has a good chance.

Guest Kamui
Yeah what he said. A cube version will never be released but the x-box version has a good chance.

Zuh?

Considering SNK, to me, cares FAR more about the Japanese market than the American one (simply because of the popularity of 2D fighters there compared to here), an X-Box release is HIGHLY, HIGHLY unlikely, much moreso than a Gamecube one. I mean, do you look at the weekly sales for the X-Box in Japan? On IGN Japan they release it every week, and it's in the HUNDREDS. Not thousands, just HUNDREDS. Don't remember the exact number last week, but I DO remember that it was only 20 better than the Wonderswan Crystal, a niche handheld, and 40 less than the PSONE.

You're never gonna see an X-Box version of an SNK game (well, at least not a 2D one). Just isn't gonna happen. So while a Gamecube version is also unlikely, it's MUCH more possible than an X-Box one.

-Duo

And before you use Capcom vs. SNK 2 for X-Box as an example, that came out for the Cube too and Capcom is a much bigger company than SNK.

You're never gonna see an X-Box version of an SNK game (well, at least not a 2D one). Just isn't gonna happen. So while a Gamecube version is also unlikely, it's MUCH more possible than an X-Box one.

-Duo

Wrong... Ben Herman, president of SNK USA, already said that the Xbox version of SvC Chaos will hit after the PS2 version.

The current release date for SvC Chaos PS2 in America I believe, is March 14th.

an X-Box release is HIGHLY, HIGHLY unlikely, much moreso than a Gamecube one. I mean, do you look at the weekly sales for the X-Box in Japan? On IGN Japan they release it every week, and it's in the HUNDREDS. Not thousands, just HUNDREDS. Don't remember the exact number last week, but I DO remember that it was only 20 better than the Wonderswan Crystal, a niche handheld, and 40 less than the PSONE.

What? SNK playmore have already considered even releasing best of packages for the X-box so I have no idea how you reach that conclusion.

And they have also mentioned they have NO interest whatsoever in making anything for the gamecube.

Edited by Renegade

Guest Kamui
What? SNK playmore have already considered even releasing best of packages for the X-box so I have no idea how you reach that conclusion.

And they have also mentioned they have NO interest whatsoever in making anything for the gamecube.

Then Microsoft is paying them something to put the games on there, because every sane Japanese publisher has already pulled the majority of their games for the system otherwise.

Look at Sega. They had a number of arcade games based on X-Box hardware that would have been PAINLESS to port over....and still they flat-out said they weren't doing it. The only X-Box games they have on the horizon are sports titles and multi-platformers. And they used to be Microsoft's biggest supporter on the Japanese side.

I didn't know about this, I was just going on pure logic simply because of how badly X-Box sells in Japan. If the company themselves say they're gonna do it, great, but it'd be stupid unles Microsoft was giving them incentive to put the titles on the systems, because X-Box has a very small installed base over in Japan and 2D games don't sell well at all over here. That's the logic I was going on.

-Duo

Sorry if I came off like a Cube fanboy....I own all three systems, but yeah.

Indeed, it would make more sense for SNKP to release on GCN. However, the issue here is with SNK USA. It is definitely confirmed for US PS2, around the middle of march, and reasonably so for Xbox.

I can tell you one thing. It will NOT be on Xbox Live. Unless they have changed their minds since the interview they gave at E3, it will be offline. Sad, but there's always hope.