TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Kamui

Question for Those Playing FFXI (PC)

Guest Kamui

Okay, I'm normally a console gamer, and the few times I have tried PC games I haven't enjoyed the experience, at all. However, the more I read about Final Fantasy XI the more I don't want to wait until March for the PS2 version.

So I'm asking those of you who have the PC version and have played console games before- do you think someone who's normally a console gamer would be able to adapt, or no? I read that there's a PS2-to-USB converter for plugging in PS2 controllers to go with the keyboard, but would that work at all with the game's controls?

Thanks to anyone who can help me.

-Duo

I'm a console gamer and I only play this and Counterstrike on the PC. Nothing else. It's not so bad...you just gotta learn how to use a keyboard instead of a controller.

Guest Skironox

Does this game need a credit card or can you buy game cards like Everquest? Because the more I look at this game I'm thinking this could be my next big addiction, but no credit = a bad thing.

I vastly prefer Keyboards for all controls on all MMORPGS. Having to drop a controller to chat and pick it up again to play is too big a hassle I think.

Does this game need a credit card or can you buy game cards like Everquest? Because the more I look at this game I'm thinking this could be my next big addiction, but no credit = a bad thing.

I vastly prefer Keyboards for all controls on all MMORPGS. Having to drop a controller to chat and pick it up again to play is too big a hassle I think.

They don't have game cards out yet. So for now you need a Credit or Bank Card. I have a Bank Card so it works the same.