TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Bored

The College Football Championship Week Thread

And yet I still think I'm going to be sick over OU's loss. It'd be ok if it was like 35-31...but it was 35-7. Dear god.......*pukes*......to answer my above question......how do you deal with it long time sports fans? I think I'm going to go crazy, be sick, or cry. And you can bet if there was a K-State fan here right now in my prescence...I'd be on his ass like stink on shit.

And yet I still think I'm going to be sick over OU's loss. It'd be ok if it was like 35-31...but it was 35-7. Dear god.......*pukes*......to answer my above question......how do you deal with it long time sports fans? I think I'm going to go crazy, be sick, or cry. And you can bet if there was a K-State fan here right now in my prescence...I'd be on his ass like stink on shit.

I live near Cleveland, so we pretty much expect that even if we have the best team that ever set foot on the field, the officials will make a blatant bad call or the quarterback will die or something to cost us an actual celebration. Hell, we cheered Ohio State's win last year because we figured that's as close as we're getting for a while.

As a Cubs fan (dear god)

An Orioles fan (let me find that bastard who reached over that wall in New York....)

A Florida State fan (WIDE RIGHT!!! WIDE RIGHT!!! YOU SUCK!)

A Mavs fan (DEFENSE, dear god play defen....DAMMIT!)

A Patriots fan (ahhh...)

I can honestly tell you that all you can do is realize it's not that end of the world, it stings at first but when they win the national championship or Super Bowl or World Series or whatever, it is beyond sweetness.

So is the life of a sports fan. But if you have a video game console with a college football game, play KState vs Oklahoma and just beat the life out of them in a 60 minute game.

Course if you lose that.....well, I am sorry.

As a Cubs fan (dear god)

An Orioles fan (let me find that bastard who reached over that wall in New York....)

A Patriots fan (ahhh...)

I can honestly tell you that all you can do is realize it's not that end of the world, it stings at first but when they win the national championship or Super Bowl or World Series or whatever, it is beyond sweetness.

So is the life of a sports fan. But if you have a video game console with a college football game, play KState vs Oklahoma and just beat the life out of them in a 60 minute game.

Yeah well...the saddest thing is when your team fucks up in a game that they SHOULD have won. By all means based on OU's performance they should've been all over K-State and destroyed them by 3 touchdowns or so. Instead they were destroyed by 4 touchdowns. I mean I did notice some blatant no calls by the ref's(there was some holding and pass interference that wasn't called and by god that was a first fucking down in the first quarter!!!) but still that didn't excuse the shitty performance that OU put up. They did exactly what was said they had to do to lose. Play like they haven't played all year.

*shakes head in disgust*

This is Oklahoma. Bombs blowing up buildings, tornado's, and sports teams that choke. Look at OU's basketball team......

Here's what's going to happen, or should I say what I think will happen, with the BCS and read this please:

-Nothing is going to be done about fixing the way the #1 and #2 teams are chosen for the next two years because the BCS still has a contract with ABC.

-The New York Times computer rating will be thrown out after this year as its the most out of whack of any of them. It may or may not be replaced by another.

-Next year a 5th bowl will be added to the BCS. I'd prefer the Cotton Bowl be added because of its tradition but my gut tells me it will be the Capital One Bowl. A provision will be put in that the highest ranked non-BCS conference team will get an autmoatic berth in a BCS bowl to solve that issue.

-The BCS contract will be renewed but a radical change will be made to it after the 2005-2006 bowl season. What will happen is the human polls will decide who plays for the national title IF they agree on who is #1 and who is #2. If they don't then and only then will they use computers to decide the #2 spot or both. This idea is going to gain a lot of support after the events of today.

Again this is what I think will happen but I've read and heard enough about the subject that all of these things could happen.

As a Cubs fan (dear god)

A Patriots fan (ahhh...)

Yeah well...the saddest thing is when your team fucks up in a game that they SHOULD have won. By all means based on OU's performance they should've been all over K-State and destroyed them by 3 touchdowns or so. Instead they were destroyed by 4 touchdowns. I mean I did notice some blatant no calls by the ref's(there was some holding and pass interference that wasn't called and by god that was a first fucking down in the first quarter!!!) but still that didn't excuse the shitty performance that OU put up. They did exactly what was said they had to do to lose. Play like they haven't played all year.

*shakes head in disgust*

This is Oklahoma. Bombs blowing up buildings, tornado's, and sports teams that choke. Look at OU's basketball team......

Well, if it makes you feel any better, the last Oklahoma football title your team crushed Florida State into a fine powder and then sniffed them off the field.

It's not like it has been a long time since OU has won the title.

As for basketball, I'm a Florida State fan....they don't even see the tournament for goodness sake.

Oklahoma is good in almost every sport, you really will be fine.

Try this.

Fucking Stoops once again can't get the job done the entire year. It's funny he wins when his only championship, when no one expects them too, every other year OKlahoma chokes and loses at least 1 game they shouldn't have.

As a Cubs fan (dear god)

A Patriots fan (ahhh...)

*shakes head in disgust*

Well, if it makes you feel any better, the last Oklahoma football title your team crushed Florida State into a fine powder and then sniffed them off the field.

It's not like it has been a long time since OU has won the title.

As for basketball, I'm a Florida State fan....they don't even see the tournament for goodness sake.

Oklahoma is good in almost every sport, you really will be fine.

Yeah they're good...but they choke in the end. God we need an NFL team...we almost had an NHL team...but the fuckers screwed it up...morons.

I'm just dissapointed that they couldn't have the perfect season they wanted. And I'm even more dissapointed that Jason White isn't getting the Heisman more than likely. My heart is broken for that poor guy. As a guy that has spoken to him at school once or twice I must say that he is a hell of a nice guy and it's so sad that he doesn't get it.

Try this.

Fucking Stoops once again can't get the job done the entire year. It's funny he wins when his only championship, when no one expects them too, every other year OKlahoma chokes and loses at least 1 game they shouldn't have.

Yeah that's the problem. Stoops is a good coach but he's WAY to cocky and allows himself to be outcoached by the other teams head coach.

Try this.

Yeah that's the problem. Stoops is a good coach but he's WAY to cocky and allows himself to be outcoached by the other teams head coach.

It didn't help that everyone in the country thought OU was already in the title game and that KState was just a dog team to get rolled over.

KState got no love going into that game.

I'll take it one at a time:

-Nothing is going to be done about fixing the way the #1 and #2 teams are chosen for the next two years because the BCS still has a contract with ABC.

And it was just extended within the last year, even though had OU remained unbeaten we'd have had the same controversy we do right now. Thanks to OU losing and saving the BCS' ass, we're having this argument.

-The New York Times computer rating will be thrown out after this year as its the most out of whack of any of them. It may or may not be replaced by another.

Which would be a good thing.

-Next year a 5th bowl will be added to the BCS. I'd prefer the Cotton Bowl be added because of its tradition but my gut tells me it will be the Capital One Bowl. A provision will be put in that the highest ranked non-BCS conference team will get an autmoatic berth in a BCS bowl to solve that issue.

That still doesn't give a non-BCS conference any legitimate shot at the National Championship, which is the main issue for the Miami of Ohios and the TCUs and the Boise States of the NCAA.

-The BCS contract will be renewed but a radical change will be made to it after the 2006 bowl season. What will happen is the human polls will decided who plays for the national title IF they agree on who is #1 and who is #2. If they don't then and only then will they use computers to decide the #2 spot or both. This idea is going to gain a lot of support after the events of today.

Which would probably end up just making things more confusing since the AP and coaches' polls rarely agree on number two even if they agree on number one.

One game shouldn't determine the Heisman winner. Fitzgerald was a non factor in the loss to Miami, and that was the biggest game of Pittsburgh's season. Off course know Eli Manning will win has some sort of life time achievment award.

That's the problem when you're the best. You're fans(and yes i was definetly VERY guilty of this) think every game is a foregone conclusion. So you start believing that it is a forgone conclusion. And you get toppled as a result proving that you aren't the best.

Bah...I will still go on record as saying if OU wins the National Championship that they are the best team this year.

Oh and even more dissapointing. They were #1 in EVERY poll since pre-season. And it was fucked up by this. That would've been another historical move by OU.

They had a history making season. Now it'll go down in history as "What could've been...."

Not only is it dissapointing...it's embarassing as a fan.

But I think the embarassment and bad feelings have left now that the jackasses who were screaming "HAHA! OU SUCKS! THEY'RE OVERRATED! YOU SUCK!" have left the thread and the rational people are left.

I feel like a guy about to hang himself with everyone talking me down.

Boo fucking hoo. If the pre-season polls are any indication, LSU should get into the title game based on the fact that they were no-sold compared to USC, Auburn, OU, Ohio State, etc.

OU got overconfident after the first possession of the game.

One of the key points of the game was that great punt by Brite when he was pinned in his own end zone. He forced Perkins to go back full speed and K-State was able to prevent a huge return.

OU got overconfident after the first possession of the game.

One of the key points of the game was that great punt by Brite when he was pinned in his own end zone. He forced Perkins to go back full speed and K-State was able to prevent a huge return.

Yeah that's our main problem. We are to cocky for our own good. From coach to the lowliest player...we think we're hot shit that is untouchable. But you know the "Any given Sunday..." expression. Unfortuantely we think that it doesn't apply to us.

Well it does. And I think after EVERY loss that OU shouldn't have had that they will learn there lesson...but they never seem to. And it's starting to drive me nuts. I'm even having the sinking feeling that they'll go into the title game "Ok we had a fluke loss. These guys are nothing compared to us! So we don't need to practice hard! And remember...don't exert to much energy out there! Don't want to injure yourselves! We'll win anyways!" *the next day* LSU 107/OU 0

I see it now.

Oh well...*burns OU apparel...puts on Michigan hat and Missouri jersey* maybe it's time to root for my second and third favorite team.

This doesn't change my opinion that there shouldn't be a playoff. Which ever team doesn't end up in the Sugar Bowl, has only themselves to blame for losing a game in the first place.

All 3 of the teams lost games they should of won. Take care of your own business, and people won't have to wonder if you belong in the championship game or not.

Yeah but for some reason people don't think OU belongs because of the actual game they won. Despite the rest of the season pretty much proving that this was a fluke loss.

Guest Just J

But this wasn't a fluke loss. It was the first time all season OU played a team that was worth a shit. OU had a very easy schedule.

This doesn't change my opinion that there shouldn't be a playoff. Which ever team doesn't end up in the Sugar Bowl, has only themselves to blame for losing a game in the first place.

All 3 of the teams lost games they should of won. Take care of your own business, and people won't have to wonder if you belong in the championship game or not.

But they all lost...so they are all to blame...but only one is really more to blame? :huh: No one took care of their own business this year so thus the argument falls flat. In fact by that argument there shouldn't be a national champion this year.

Boise State just went up 17 against Hawaii in the 4th and probably just sealed USC's fate. Hey the BCS gets fucked up and I get my Pac-10/Big Ten Rose bowl. Tis' a good day.

I wouldn't necessarily call OU's schedule easy, but they screwed up BIG TIME by believing their own press and figuring that K-State would lay down for them. Because they not only lost the last game of the season but got FUCKING CRUSHED in it, they should be out of the title game. What OU did, LSU has about equalled except that LSU didn't get thrashed as badly by Florida as OU did by K-State.

Oklahoma blew out Texas, which is ranked higher than Kansas State and beat Kansas State.

The argument that this is the first team that was tough is incorrect. God, I wanted Oklahoma to lose tonight but that doesn't mean I'm going to say they don't deserve to go because of one loss.

If USC is #1 and doesn't go and wins, then the title is split and the BCS will have failed to do what it was designed to do. We are back to square one.

And yes, I believe LSU deserves a title shot just as much. It's just a big mess no matter how you slice it. I can't pick one of these three and say so and so is more deserving.

Yes I don't understand the "OU played nobodies" argument. They played Missouri, they played Colorado, they played Texas, they played Alabama, and they played OSU. All good teams. And they won all of them pretty dominantly(aside from Bama).

Oklahoma blew out Texas, which is ranked higher than Kansas State and beat Kansas State.

The argument that this is the first team that was tough is incorrect. God, I wanted Oklahoma to lose tonight but that doesn't mean I'm going to say they don't deserve to go because of one loss.

If USC is #1 and doesn't go and wins, then the title is split and the BCS will have failed to do what it was designed to do. We are back to square one.

And yes, I believe LSU deserves a title shot just as much. It's just a big mess no matter how you slice it. I can't pick one of these three and say so and so is more deserving.

How exactly do they do the split title? Remember I'm new so I'm not sure on how it works.

Does everyone say "Well the National Champions were OU/LSU and USC!" or does OU/LSU run around calling themselves the National Champions while USC runs around calling themselves the National champions while they ignore the other team. Do fans only recognize which one they want as National champion?

OU only played and beat two top 25 teams, if I'm not mistaken.

Texas and OSU. I could've sworn Bama and Missouri were ranked. Oh well guess I'm wrong on that one.

The problem is there aren't that many good teams in the conference. I mean who do they have? Texas(definetly)? Nebraska(not anymore)? OSU(not very much)? OU(definetly)? and now.........K-State after proving themselves tonight.

So you don't really have very many top teams in the Big XII. OU would have to do out of conference games pretty much all season to play extremely good teams.

Alabama and Colorado both had losing records. The others are conference games, so that doesn't seem has impressive has having Michigan, Florida St, and Maryland on your non- conference schedule.

The agreement was the AP would get to vote on the National Champion and they crown the National Champion really

So let us say, USC is ranked #1 in the AP Poll but they are ranked #3 in the BCS. So that means LSU vs Oklahoma, a #2 vs #3 in the AP, would be the BCS national title game.

If USC was to win, then their is no way the AP would vote USC out of #1 which means the winner of the LSU/OU game would be the BCS National Champion and USC would be the AP POLL National champion.....which is exactly what we had before the BCS.

HOWEVER, if USC loses to Michigan then the point is all mute. If USC is ranked #1 in the AP, doesn't go to the main bowl and THEN beats Michigan then the BCS is dead because if failed to do what it was supposed to do.