TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Stunt Granny

It's time to put the Titan Tron to bed

Guest Stunt Granny

That damn screen has been around for almost 7 years, it was cool the first 5 but now its time for a change. Over the last several years the WWF has gotten really elaborate when it comes to the entrance way. I want to see a new set, save for the big goofy fist, I like Smackdown's entrance way. Something like the old Nitro set, it was simple yet cool. Raw seemed to like adding the good elements of Nitro to the show like putting the announcers away from the ring (I'm still waiting for the Raw Girls). Raw needs a new set that doesn't look like a big screen TV.

I agree, the raw set is in desperate need of a change. I am so sick of the big viewing wall, I wish they would go to a simpler design. In my opinion since they are going to have tons of backstage skits that the audience needs to see they should have a big viewing wall. Only have the wall elevated to the roof of the building and bring it down like they do steel cages when something is happening back stage. That way they could go for the simpler design, which I feel would be a nice change of pace. This is possible as I have seen similar set ups at concerts.

Guest Goodear

The reason the 'in ring' screen wouldn't work so well is because you're basically cutting the arena in half where half the crowd would be able to see and the other wouldn't. It works off to the side because the maximum amount of people can see it. When they set up concerts, they normally put it so everyone is facing the same direction and at the stage so if you put up a video screen everyone is facing in that direction.

They definately need a new titantron, but what they really need to do is change that damn music. It reminds me of the Bradshaw vs. nWo days.

Guest Anglesault
Only have the wall elevated to the roof of the building and bring it down like they do steel cages when something is happening back stage.

Uhm, lifting and lowering the cage tends to bring the show to a stand still.

That's why they go to the video screen now to kill the two minutes of dead time.

Keep the Titantron, just make it a normal freaking screen. I mean, Raw's is skewed, Smackdown's is all jagged on the edges and off in the corner. Just go back to the video walls of the mid 90s that were made of a bunch of smaller screens that made up one big one. Those were cooler and had better picture quality anyway because it wasn't a projection.