TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest hunger4unger

WWE to head to Iraq

Guest hunger4unger

411 is reporting that some of the Smackdown! workers are heading to Baghdad, Iraq whilst they are on their current overseas tour. Whilst this will be a major PR coup for WWE I can't help but think that it's a really, really, stupid idea. Obviously WWE talent won't be wandering the streets of Baghdad and will most likely visit a 'secure' army base, but this gig isn't for a few hours. It's planned for THREE days.

I'm going to take a WILD guess and say that none of the McMahons are going.

Just a hunch.

Hell, I bet XFL is has just started to air in Iraq.

Guest hunger4unger

Slaughter and Adnan circa 1991 should go ..they would be over huge as faces.

Guest Fook

Three guesses who they're sending.

Hint: Rhymes with "radshaw"

I can see it now.......

"We're going to turn this into a parking lot! Let's go blow us some sand monkey's up! Hey that's a pretty big bomb.........oh shit........"

That's ridiculous..........Sending these guys to IRaq. There's no reason for it and I bet most, if not all of the stars are scared shit. I'm surprised they didn't send them to Tora Bora, Afghanistan last year and set up[ a ring in the middle of the mountains.

Guest netslob
Kinda a shame they aren't sending HHH :lol:

yeah, too bad...his nose would make a perfect target for any potential snipers...

Guest BobBacklundRules

They're taping the Christmas day Smackdown there. It's already been posted in the Christmas day Smackdown thread.

Guest JumpinJackFlash

They're doing what Mail Call and Emeril Live did, go to the Middle East to air a show, in hope to get higher ratings. I wonder if this will get some puplicity on the news for the news.

Guest hunger4unger

I think that if a Smackdown! is taped in Iraq WWE will receive a huge amount of mainstream publicity.

Guest Trivia247

hell what is "Secure" in Iraq? a part of the city that has absolutely no streets for cars to drive crash and explode?

Guest nikowwf

Its not a live taping, its more like a USO type visit by a few people. (like Kid Rock doing his concert in Iraq, etc.) Its not WWE PRESENTS THE WMD TOUR IN IRAQ. They'll be a few peeps there, they'll be some video of them talking to an audience, and shaking soldiers hands on smackdown.

This hardly seems like a bitch worthy topic.

niko

Guest hunger4unger

I'm under the impression that a Smackdown! event is actually going to be taped in Iraq..anyone able to clear this up?

I'm under the impression that a Smackdown! event is actually going to be taped in Iraq..anyone able to clear this up?

This will be akin to the European Championship tournament on RAW in March of 1997. They will tape a few matches, then air them along with pre-taped segments consisting of actual wrestling promos, then with superstars doing a tour of the base around the taping site.

Guest Jimbo
Kinda a shame they aren't sending HHH  :lol:

yeah, too bad...his nose would make a perfect target for any potential snipers...

snipers? you'll need a fuckign cannon to take his nose off...

Anyway, I feel bad for all the unfortunate guys who are having their Christmas taken away by this PR trash.

Kinda a shame they aren't sending HHH  :lol:

snipers? you'll need a fuckign cannon to take his nose off...

Anyway, I feel bad for all the unfortunate guys who are having their Christmas taken away by this PR trash.

It's not live.

I have a question. How can the heels get heel heat? Anything they say...well, someone will be offended by it. Just think about it.

They can have Saddam in their corner.