TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest pinnacleofallthingsmanly

Pro bowl

Isn't the Pro Bowl like five or six weeks after the end of the regular season? I'm wondering if there has ever anyone who didn't play in the playoffs, and got to the Pro Bowl looking like crap. I know Larry Centers had an episode where people thought he was possessed a few years ago, but I was wondering if there were any instances of people letting themselves go. I could picture Nate Newton or somebody doing something like that.

Guest theWCWRaider

I would suspect that it has happened more than once.

BTW, my personal favorite pro bowl moment ever was when Kevin Gogan, and Neil Smith got tossed out of the game for fighting, and then they nearly got into a fight in the locker room later.

Best...pro bowl...moment...ever!

But, your original point is yet another good reason not to have the pro bowl at all.

Guest Tony149

I'm sure that's happened. The Pro Bowl this year happened one week after the Super Bowl due to what happened on 9-11. So the the last 4 teams in the playoffs are probably still in football shape. While a guy who the Lions could be sucking in air.

Guest Below the Glass Ceiling

Isn't the Pro Bowl usually the week after the Super Bowl, anyway?

Guest Tony149

I thought it was 2 weeks. Anyway, I check out some of the Pro Bowl and I got this XFL vibe from it. They're using the over the top camera the XFL used to use. I never remember seeing them do that.

Guest Below the Glass Ceiling

Yeah, I noticed that X-Cam too.  I've always liked that camera angle and I wished the XFL had used it more often.  I hope Vince McMahon is happy in knowing that his innovation has been immortalized by the NFL.  But Vince is probably still trying to deny the XFL ever existed, anyway....

Guest Tony149

I think Vince wanted the "X-cam" to be the XFL's main camera angle. Since every other football league used the sideline camera. The idea was probably to appeal to the young crowd due to them seeing that cam in the Madden games.

I get the feeling Vince is still bitter about the XFL folding. I'm sure he wishes he can buy an NFL team and win the Super Bowl, then cut an anti-NFL promo and says "THE X-F-LLL have invaded the National Football League!" I would find that hilarious.

Guest El Hijo Del Lunatic
I'm sure he wishes he can buy an NFL team and win the Super Bowl, then cut an anti-NFL promo and says "THE X-F-LLL have invaded the National Football League!" I would find that hilarious.

The NFL already has Dan Snyder.  They dodn't need Vince McMahon too.

WHEN GIANT EGOS WITH NO REASON TO EXIST IN THE FOOTBALL WORLD COLLIDE!

Guest Tony149

The AFC won again. I don't even remember the score. They let two fans pick a play for the AFC & NFC. And geez, they pick a QB sneak/draw (AFC) and the other picked a pass (NFC). I would of said a deep pass down field.

Dan Synder sucks! Vince would be better than Snyder. Since Vince would probably try to overtake the NFL.

Guest MarvinisaLunatic

I would have called the Annexation of Puerto Rico, you know, from the movie Little Giants.  Oh boy.

Guest theWCWRaider

Ah, little giants. The kickoff sceen cracks me up just thinking about it, and Al Bundy rules anyway.

But, I've got a better grudge match than Vince McMahon Vs. Daniel Shnider.

A hell in the Cell  cage match:

Vince McMahon

Vs.

Al Davis!

I would pay serious money to see that if not live than on PPV.

Guest Army Eye
I know Larry Centers had an episode where people thought he was possessed a few years ago,

Hmm I missed out on this. I'm curious.. what happened with Larry Centers?

It happened in like 1997 so I might not remember the exact details, but I read it in SI (I used to read it regularly). From what I remember he cursed out a teammate during a film session and posed for the team picture backwards. These are the incidents that I remember the best. Aeneas Williams and someone else performed some manner of exorcism, which involved prayer over him. He was sent home after the brow raising incidents.