TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Bored

The Official College Football Bowl Thread

There's some simpler ways than a playoff system to fix this.

1. Only use the BCS rankings if their is a problem between the two human polls (which there wasn't this year)

Or

2. Have a one game championship between the two #1 teams after the bowls are over. Imagine how big that game would be?

Come on Michigan! You're still in this game. Pull out one of your the miracles that your Big XII brothers Ohio State pull out.

Ohio State's in the Big 10.

GOD DAMMIT!

Everytime I put Big X, I instintively follow it up with II. I'll edit it.

Come on Michigan! You're still in this game. Pull out one of your the miracles that your Big XII brothers Ohio State pull out.

Ohio State's in the Big 10.

He got confused, he has Boomer Sooner fever

Oklahoma= Big XII

Michigan= Big 10

These officials have made some good calls tonight, I'll give them that.

And if USC wins, can we PLEASE stop with the "Pac 10 is an easy conference" bull I hear every year?

Other than Oregon, the Pac 10 has done very well for itself.

Michigan is finally getting some pressure on the USC quarterback, but they need to stay tough all the way through 3rd down. They stop USC on the first two, then give up the third down conversion with little trouble.

Damn you Michigan! I swear everytime I root for a team, unless they're playing a crappy team, they get there ass handed to them! It's my curse! Nobody I want to win..wins!

I'm going to root for LSU in the title game.......then maybe OU will win........ -_-

Damn you Michigan! I swear everytime I root for a team, unless they're playing a crappy team, they get there ass handed to them! It's my curse! Nobody I want to win..wins!

I'm going to root for LSU in the title game.......then maybe OU will win........ -_-

No, LSU will win, because you announced your intentions.

do me a favor and root for the Titans on saturday then

I'm already rooting for the Titans.

Here's a scenario. OU or LSU beats the other 42-0. Anyone think the AP will change the winner of that game to #1?

Here's a scenario. OU or LSU beats the other 42-0. Anyone think the AP will change the winner of that game to #1?

Nope

You'd be asking writers to vote for something that would AVOID the controversy that they want to write about.

Nope

You'd be asking writers to vote for something that would AVOID the controversy that they want to write about.

Yep.

If it had been a Michigan blowout, I wouldn't have put it past the writers to elevate Michigan to #1.

Why would they do something like that!? Elevate Michigan to #1? That'd create even more controversy.

Yeah, because lord knows sports writers don't thrive on controversy and look to create it whenever possible.

I'm getting tired of this fucking shitty as smarmy "Oh well this is for the human national title....blah blah blah......"

Yeah fuck you. Let's just write two very good teams off because some biased writer didn't vote for them while a computer with a very specific unbias formula decided who deserves to be there. Those commentators can kiss my ass.

I do like the subtitles they come up with for the teams. It seems every team has one though. OU's always been called "The Mighty Sooners"........hehehe......

I'm getting tired of this fucking shitty as smarmy "Oh well this is for the human national title....blah blah blah......"

Yeah fuck you. Let's just write two very good teams off because some biased writer didn't vote for them while a computer with a very specific unbias formula decided who deserves to be there. Those commentators can kiss my ass.

I do like the subtitles they come up with for the teams. It seems every team has one though. OU's always been called "The Mighty Sooners"........hehehe......

Actually that would be most writers and most coaches.

Oklahoma is third in both polls.

BWAHAHAHAHA. The formula may be a lot of things, but unbiased isn't one of them:

- Including the writers' and coaches' polls introduces human bias.

- Including the computer polls introduces the bias of each programmer's idea of what constitutes a good football team.

- Including strength of schedule is incredibly biased against the smaller conference teams who can never play a good enough schedule to make it into the BCS top 6.

The only unbiased (or least biased) solution is to implement a playoff and let the best teams settle it on the field.

I can say one thing. This has been some of the WORST commentary I've ever heard in my entire life. These commentators were so unprofessional it was just absurd. They sat there and rooted for USC the entire game...never thought twice about taking a shot at Michigan and basically saying they sucked and then they turned around and made shitty cheap shots to OU and LSU all night.

I tell you what. This commentary and those cheap shots pissed me off. Not as an OU fan but as a football fan. Fuck you you shitty commentators.

I don't give a damn who wins the Sugar Bowl now. I just hope whoever wins it plays some of the BEST college football I've ever seen. And I hope that whoever loses, be it OU or LSU, plays some of the best college football I've ever seen.

So that those commentators can sit back and go "Wow...I saw some of the best college football ever. There is no doubt in my mind that the winner of this game is the National Champion and the loser is #2."

I can tell you one thing. Saban and Stoops were watching this game and listening to all of the cheap shots. Both of them are going to be PISSED.

With everything that's been said about OU and then everything that's happened for LSU......both of those teams are coming on Sunday to fucking play some football! There going to give a performance that USC wishes they could give!

In closing. Fuck those smarmy unprofessional biased announcers. They can go to hell.

Apparently Dama doesn't know he's talking about broadcasting God Keith Jackson.

I don't give a fuck how godly he is. He was so biased tonight I was going to puke.

And no I'm not the only human that will view the winner of the Sugar Bowl as the true national champion. There will be plenty of people that will. And no it won't just be LSU and OU fans. Like it was said. USC can talk all they want. But the Sugar Bowl winner is going down in the books.

And I hope to hell that the Sugar Bowl is the best college football game in the past 10 years. That will probably shut a lot of those people up.