TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Renegade

The fighting game character tournament 2k4

Coming this New Year the smartmarks fighting game character tournament 2004 will start once again for its third year. Since I plan to make the number of contestants as large as the last tournament I would like people to nominate any specific character that they would like to enter the tournament. I will give some time to make sure everybody has a chance to nominate while I devise the other contestants. There are just some rules:

1- The character you nominate MUST be of fighting game origin, the only characters that do not follow this rule are characters that have been in a sufficiently large number of fighting games.

Example: Clark and Ralf from Ikari warriors can be in this tournament since they have been in fighting games for a decade, where Megaman or Wolverine have only be part of capcom’s vs series and hence cannot be entered.

2-Don’t nominate crap characters from crap games (Clayfighter, Toshinden, Tobal no 1 etc). I didn’t even want to put any mortal kombat characters in the tournament but since the games and characters are popular I feel like I’m obliged too.

3-Don’t nominate obvious characters (Ryu, Akuma, Kyo, Sol Badguy etc) because they will almost definitely be in the tournament.

EDIT:

4- Limit yourself to no more than 4 nominations.

I'll give this a week or two before I start up the tournanmet

List of pervious winners

2002: Ryu

2003:Ken Masters

Edited by Renegade

I hope Ken and Ryu face off in the final to decide once and for all who is better...

Jin Kazama (Tekken)

Sagat (Street Fighter)

Sub-Zero (Mortal Kombat)

Haohmaru (Samurai Shodown)

Tachibana Ukyo (Samurai Shodown)

Heishiro Mitsurugi (Soul Calibur)

Kibagami Genjuro (Samurai Shodown)

if those fell in the obvious category, I'd put

Gato (Garou: MOTW and KOF2003)

Minazuki Zankuro (Samurai Shodown)

Ryuji Yamazaki (Fatal Fury, KOF)

Robert Garcia (AOF, KOF)

2-Don’t nominate crap characters from crap games (Clayfighter, Toshinden, Tobal no 1 etc).

*Eggs Renegade's house for snubbing Tobal. Chicken Dude rules, and that was a cool game. Wonder what Tobal 2 is like...

Damn, Sakura picked Karin already.

1- The character you nominate MUST be of fighting game origin, the only characters that do not follow this rule are characters that have been in a sufficiently large number of fighting games.

Pick 1 - Wolverine from the many X-Men fighting games, both Capcom and non-Capcom.

Pick 2 - Pyron from the Darkstalkers series.

Pick 3 - Lilith from Vampire Savior/Darkstalkers 3.

Pick 4 - Paul Pheonix from Tekken series.

Btw if people are expection DoA characters to be in this you should really vote for them, because I have never cared for the games so I dont have the characters in mind.

(brings the DOA3 love, all nominees are from said game)

Christie (mah girl and just plain coolest)

Ayane (fucking badass, female Hayabusa equivalent)

Helena (that flowing and graceful style is great)