TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Vern Gagne

Who needs to hang it up

Guest Vern Gagne

-Patbrick Ewing. He's just awful know: This will probably be is last year. It's to bad he went out like Willie Mays.

-Hakeem Olajuwon:He's like Ewing but it's worse because Olajuwon was a better player in his prime. Hopefully Olajuwon retires before he gets even worse.

-John Stockton and Karl Malone:Not that either one is a terrible player, but neither are helping the Jazz's future by sticking around.

-Mark Messier: When was the last time this guy was any good. Considering he's injury plagued and hasn't meant jack for the Rangers, he needs to hit the road.

-Jesse Orosco, Julio Franco, and any Cuban:They're all around 45 years old.

-Harold Baines:Unless I missed it, despite being washed up and not being on a team he still wants to damage the 3,000 hit club.

-Arnold Palmer: It's really sad what's happened to Palmer. The Masters isn't allowing two of the older winners in the tournament because they suck, well guess what Palmer sucks. It's time for Arnold to join Sam Snead in the Ceremonial Swing.

-Bruce Mathews: How long does this guy expect to play. He might not be a terrible player, I doubt he's has good has the media makes him out to be. But why can't he retire when he's not terrible.

Guest ant_7000

Ewing yes he needs to hang it up i dont really dont care bout him that much anyway. (Bulls fan). i disagree on stockton i think he has gas still left in the tank. I like him and all I think Jordan needs 2 hang it up cuz his knees cant that pounding anymore, he prove everybody he can still play just give it up.

Guest ajc

"Harold Baines:Unless I missed it..."

Baines actually quietly retired this past offseason and spent spring training as a coach in the White Sox camp.  He was a helluva player for his knees turned to goo in the mid/late '80s.

"Brady Anderson- the O's suck and his skills are deteriorating year by year."

I agree with you, but ol' Brady (who might be the most unlikely player to have EVER hit 50 HRs in a season) is hanging on with Cleveland, now.

Who should hang it up...?

Patrick Ewing...for the love of God, just retire...

Guest El Satanico

Patrick Ewing should've retired 4 years ago.

Jordan needs to admit that his body is done and stay up in the office.

Stockton still has some left in him. Utah's the one that let him stay while letting all their young guys go so can't really blame Stockton for that.

Bruce Matthews must still play fine because NFL teams don't keep underachieving players for very long in the days of the salary cap. Another thing is that he's hardly ever injured so his body must not be in bad shape. Just because a guy has been playing in a league for 19 season doesn't mean he shouldn't be playing. Besides he may be retiring this year but won't decide till training camp gets closer.

Guest starvenger

- Patrick Ewing, for the reasons previously listed.

- Hakeem Olajuwon, because he's deteriorating rapidly.

- David Robinson, because he'll be like Ewing or Hakeem within 2 years.  

- Jose Canseco.  If you can't catch on with the Expos, it's time to hang it up.

- Mark Messier.  Because he's much better in Lays commercials than on the ice.

Guest Human Fly

-Felton Spencer

-Mitch Richmond

-Tim Hardaway

-Mookie Blaylock

-John Starks

-Horace Grant

Guest Sykotic2002

I hope Jordan doesn't decide the hang it up now.  He can't have his last game with him only scoring 2 points.

Guest El Satanico

hopefully Jordan does retire with his last game only having him score 2 points. To show all the other retired old men to stay retired and not return to hurt their reputation more then helping it.

Guest goodhelmet

Randall friggin Cunningham. If last season isn't his last season then I don't know what the hell is going on!

Guest Choken One

Age does not play a factor really, Look at Nolan Ryan, played til he was 45 and he was still a decent pitcher. It's skill that plays a factor, and Randell Cunningham is 43 years old but he can still play the game. Retire not because of your age but because of Skills (lack of)

Guest Vern Gagne

Age isn't really a factor but why can't people retire when they still have something left instead of being completley washed up.

A few more names

Bruce Smith-He's way past his prime and he's not helping the Redskins by sticking around.

Doug Flutie-He had a terrible year in San Diego and in typical Flutie fashion blamed everyone but himself. San Diego would be much better off going with Drew Brees.

Guest El Satanico

Well Drew Brees will be San Diego's starter this year, unless Flutie beats him out or Brees has a terrible training camp/preseason.

Guest alkeiper

"Age isn't really a factor but why can't people retire when they still have something left instead of being completley washed up."

Because they're doing something they've done the last 20 years maybe.  Give them their last years, they've got nothing to do the rest of their lives.

Except for Andy Benes.  Nothing personal, but thank god he's gone.

Guest JerryDrake

David Robinson still has talent, sure maybe not like in the 90's, but he still is talented. Robinson is the man, i have a jersey of his.

Why should Malone retire? He still is scoring points and is in the top 10. Age doesnt matter. I like Malone, most people dont, but i like him. Sure he didnt desvere the MVP in 1999, and it should have been Tim Duncan, but you cant blame him for that. I think he will retire after he breaks Kareems record for Total Points.

As for people who should retire:

Hakeem Olajuwon forsure. He was a amazing player, he was my childhood hero, and was my favorite player. And it saddens me to see him barely hanging in there.

Patrick Ewing, should also retire. Good player in his prime, but ruined his legeacy. Ewing just give it up.

Jose Conseco, hes not going make 500, so why is he continuing? At the rate hes playing at, id be suprise if he hit even 5 more homeruns.

Mark Messier. Never liked him, he sucks now. He was OK in his heyday, but then again look at the quality of players Edmonton had in the 80's. They could make anyone look great.

John Rocker, hes not as good as he was. The media decided to fuck up his career, because he was stating his politicly views. It might be wrong, but hes still allowed to have his views.

Guest AlwaysPissedOff
-Felton Spencer

-Mitch Richmond

-Tim Hardaway

-Mookie Blaylock

-John Starks

-Horace Grant

Felton Spencer still has a job? HOLY SHIT!

The last time I EVER saw that guy was with the Utah Jizz and he couldn't block a shot glass.

Guest mrfozz

Belle hung em up last year.

Flutie needs to go NOW.

I hate to say it, but Barry Larkin needs to go.

Guest JerryDrake
Belle hung em up last year.

Yeah i knew that, i was pretty fucked up when i wrote that. Everything is right aside from the Belle thing.

Guest El Satanico

Calm down buddy Flutie will likely be gone this year unless he is reborn as a player again and wins the Chargers job then starts winning again. Well i suppose he could still hang around for a few years as a back up like Warren Moon(he stayed as a backup for too long) and Cunningham. But eh who cares about old backup qbs enough to want them retired.

Well i don't see that big of a problem with older guys staying around in backup roles anyway so oh well. As long as they aren't trying to be starters with quality playing time.

:coughcoughJORDANcoughEWINGcoughcough: