TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Gatornibs

PS2 Internet Connection question

Guest Gatornibs

I have no clue about how this works or anything. I bought the Adopter and I'm trying to connect it to the internet to play Madden 2004 online. I have Netzero on Dial Up, and was just wondering will it work with dial up? Will it work with Net Zero? I have a brand new Dell computer. Do you need an Ethernet cable? Please respond here or email me at [email protected]

I actually have the same question.

I have a Comcast Cable connection. Do I hook an ethernet line into the back of the modem and into the Playstation?

Also, I hear that different Playstations might not be compatible with the modem. I noticed that only one of the connectors (out of 3) on the back of the modem actually hooks up to the PS2. Other than that, the peripheral part of my PS2 is just a long, hollow shaft. Is that normal? (no obvious jokes, please) I got my PS2 in May 2002.

If you are using Comcast you are going to want to get a router so your computer and PS2 can be online at the same time. A router will cost you $30-40.

I don't believe the PS2 will work on dial up.

PS2 does work with dial-up (except for games that require voice chat like Socom)

Madden and all EA games offer voice chat (and that would require broadband) but I am almost positive that you can still use dial up and play without voice chat.