TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
CanadianChris

The One and Only Divisional Playoffs thread

You still haven't accounted for your oversmugness yet either. Packers fans are right up there with Yankee fans for being overhyped as being "classy" when they are anything but

You made a comment, I disputed it. I don't see how I am being smug. Green Bay has nothing to do with the conversation. We were discussing KC & Minnesota.

Guest FrigidSoul
So the Pack lost to the Cardinals Frigid...this is the playoffs and those games mean squat especially with Favre's recent explosion.

it was pointed at KahRan or whatever his login is as he was repeatedly bringing up the Vikings loss to the Cardinals

Guest Flyboy
and Peyton Manning says to the Chiefs via his X-Box headset "Your defense is offensive"

:lol:

Holy shit, that was great.

Guest FrigidSoul
What did Jared do before he became a spokesman?

I think its obvious he sat and ate alot of food

So the Pack lost to the Cardinals Frigid...this is the playoffs and those games mean squat especially with Favre's recent explosion.

it was pointed at KahRan or whatever his login is as he was repeatedly bringing up the Vikings loss to the Cardinals

The difference is that one loss was in Week 3.

The other was in Week 17 with a divisional title and playoff spot at stake.

Which loss was worse?

Guest FrigidSoul

They were both bad, regardless of what was on the line in week 17.

I mean its not like the Pack dominated their way into the playoffs. They beat the Denver practice squad and then got a tie breaker.

Green Bay is better now than they were then. They lost to Detroit too. New England lost to Buffalo. The difference between them and Minnesota, is that Minnesota lost with the season on the line (and a stupid way too with a push out on 4th & Forever). Green Bay's loss didn't mean as much.

Besides the reason that Green Bay is in the playoffs is because they finished the season hot. Minnesota started hot and then collapsed. We saw it in the AFC too (albeit with better records) in New England & KC. New England is the favourite to win the Super Bowl & KC is headed home. In Week 17, Green Bay was a better team than Minnesota, just like New England was a better team than KC. This wasn't the case in Week 1, but ultimately how you are playing at the end of the year matters more. How many times did Jim Fassell & Wayne Fontes save their jobs with late season surges?

People still packing on the Vikings two weeks later. Nice

I'm the only one willing to stick around and listen to this crap. Where the hell did all the other fans go?

Sometimes I wish Vikings fans would take a cue from Red Sox fans and get a fire in their belly with their bitterness, not just act like "ohhh.. we lost... oh well..."

Guest FrigidSoul

New England's loss to Buffalo had something to do with Lawyer Milloy bringing the playbook over 6 days before the game.

But we promptly went on to beat them by the same score they beat us by to show their victory was a bullshit win...when the Packers can beat the Cardinals 20-13 you can come back to me.

I didn't bring up the loss to the Cardinals. I brought up the loss to the Cardinals, Raiders, Chargers & Giants. Losing to one terrible team is a fluke, losing to four terrible teams is a trend.

Okay, Terry Bradshaw just said "divine intervention guided those balls against the Raiders." I am now officially hoping that Favre throws screens all game and Green just runs like a mofo so we don't have to hear that line ever again.

And it's off to father's to watch the game. Should be a good, close matchup, but I still say the Packers win.

I didn't bring up the loss to the Cardinals. I brought up the loss to the Cardinals, Raiders, Chargers & Giants. Losing to one terrible team is a fluke, losing to four terrible teams is a trend.

Forgotten is how they beat four teams that went to the playoffs (GB, Denver, Seattle and KC)

Minnesota apparently came down with "play at your opponents level" syndrome

I am at a loss to explain it, but I'll be damned if I have to hear about it from PorkBay fans

Forgotten is how they beat four teams that went to the playoffs (GB, Denver, Seattle and KC)

Green Bay was flat out bad at the start, and they beat the Vikings in Minnesota.

Denver was missing their QB.

Seattle couldn't play on the road.

Kansas City's defense was a joke.

And this is coming from a Vikings fan.

People still packing on the Vikings two weeks later. Nice

I'm the only one willing to stick around and listen to this crap. Where the hell did all the other fans go?

Sometimes I wish Vikings fans would take a cue from Red Sox fans and get a fire in their belly with their bitterness, not just act like "ohhh.. we lost... oh well..."

You brought the subject up. Minnesota is old news.

I will tell you this and I am speaking to you as a football fan not a Packers fan. Minnesota won't win squat unless your team stops making excuses and try to fix the real problems with the team, a lack of heart (and Moss is the worst offender) and a poor and inexperienced coaching staff. If the Vikings continue to stick their fingers in their ears and continue to rant about how great Moss is, the problem will never be fixed.

The end result, Green Bay is in the Divisional Playoffs, Minnesota became only the second team in history to start 6-0 and miss the playoffs. That is what it comes down to. The Bears are improving and even the Lions are making some progress. You will get left behind if you don't stop blaming other teams for your problems are start looking at your own team.

I imagine you will take this the wrong way, but that is all I am going to say on the matter.

I will tell you this and I am speaking to you as a football fan not a Packers fan. Minnesota won't win squat unless your team stops making excuses and try to fix the real problems with the team, a lack of heart (and Moss is the worst offender) and a poor and inexperienced coaching staff. If the Vikings continue to stick their fingers in their ears and continue to rant about how great Moss is, the problem will never be fixed.

Yeah, well, I actually agree with you there, imagine that

But still

Fuck the Packers

Go Philly

Guest FrigidSoul

Somewhere in a Drug Rehabilitation Center sits a short fat political shock jock wearing a Bret Favre jersey.

Guest webmasterofwrestlegame

Well McNabb could certainly do with a new thumb after that fumble...