TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
dubq

WWE in the know...

Well it's good that they hire an announcer knowledgeable in basketball to help even out the other announcers knowledge in football. Wouldn't it be whacky if they hired an announcer knowledgeable in wrestling? Crazy, I know.

Dude, just because he PLAYED basketball doesn't mean he has no wrestling knowledge...

Guest Goodear

Because there's a college professional wreslting program out there? Face it, you either train someone yourself or snatch someone from the indys... none of which are any good to my knowledge other than Cornette who is busy booking.

Guest Dynamite Kido
Dude, just because he PLAYED basketball doesn't mean he has no wrestling knowledge...

Have you ever listened to the man commentate?

Yes, I have. I wasn't talking about that. I'm saying that just because they hired a person who played basketball, doesn't mean they have no prior wrestling knowledge. I played soccer. I know a helluva a lot about wrestling.

Besides, isn't it Vince [and when he was off RAW for a bit, JR] feeding Coach his lines from the back...?

Coach isn't a wrestling fan. He doesn't bother to improve or actually learn about the product (HOW long has he been there??). The fact that his basketball background is the only thing they can bring up about him shows how lacking he is. It's a fundamental problem in the WWE. The last wrestling fan announcer they hired was Josh Mathews and he's one of the best (if not the best) PBP man they have (despite not having the voice, or the right Colour Man - him and Tazz were pretty darn good together) (and "best they have" isn't saying much, but it's saying something)

Guest Goodear

The fact that his basketball background is the only thing they can bring up about him shows how lacking he is.

I agree with the fundamental point... but this is a 'Crap you didn't need to know' piece. The only thing they had to say about Lawler was that he collected Coke Bottles, and he has quite the wrestling background.

Guest Dynamite Kido

Yes, I have. I wasn't talking about that. I'm saying that just because they hired a person who played basketball, doesn't mean they have no prior wrestling knowledge. I played soccer. I know a helluva a lot about wrestling.

Besides, isn't it Vince [and when he was off RAW for a bit, JR] feeding Coach his lines from the back...?

You involvement in soccer really questions your wrestling knowledge.....IMO.`

But they've brought up Coach's basketball background before (Usually JR, when listing Coach's "credentials"). Hell, I would venture to say that Coach's success in basketball was a reason why they hired him (not the main reason, but I would say that it had an effect on the braintrusts in the WWE).

You involvement in soccer really questions your wrestling knowledge.....IMO.`

Whatever you say man. :P

Edited by vivisectvi

His style has nothing to do with whether he's a fan or not. All of the commentators are told what to talk about and are even fed lines by the boss himself [as stated before]. You're being a typical smark and basing this all on speculation.. but then again, should I even be surprised?

Guest Trivia247

Who the hell is that little guy with the fake afro anyway that wanders around with Ernie?

JR doesn't even know half the moves these days [not to mention who's actually in the ring at the time].. nor Lawler. Haven't seen much improvement there, either.

Guest Trivia247

JR: Thats a Take down!

King: Uh no JR thats a Punch

JR: Well thats a Knock down

King: No thats a Kick.

JR: Well, but you must agree that he is one skilled Athlete and a Blue Chipper in the WWE for years to come..

King: No Mark Henry is a big tub of Hoss LARD that we are stuck with for under a Decade!

Trivia, you give Lawler way too much credit. There needs to be an ample amount of "whee"ing and "puppies" in there, along with an equal amount of "not caring about what's going on in the ring."

And I don't stop bagging on either of them. I think JR is godawful and the King is worthless. However, once upon a time, both have shown they are knowledgable about wrestling - even if they aren't now. Meanwhile, Coach - 4 years in - hasn't shown anything.

I forgot to mention:

Has the WWE shown they hire non-wrestling fans?

Yes.

Well, whatever dude. I'm not gonna sit here and fucking argue about why you think Coach isn't a wrestling fan. Why don't you write the guy a fucking letter and ask him, then tell us what he says? Okay? Thanks. Bye.

Guest Trivia247
And I don't stop bagging on either of them. I think JR is godawful and the King is worthless. However, once upon a time, both have shown they are knowledgable about wrestling - even if they aren't now. Meanwhile, Coach - 4 years in - hasn't shown anything.

I forgot to mention:

Has the WWE shown they hire non-wrestling fans?

Yes.

When King was good was back in the days of his Ultra Heelness during his 5 year feud with the Harts (it seemed that long) His level of bastardness at the table made fans just want to throw Beer cans at him.... Full Beer cans.......at high velocity....

And JR was also good once upon the time.... Probably when he wore the toga in WM 9 and it all went downhill from there