TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Damaramu

OUCH! My heart!

Guest Crazy Dan

How about last year's World Series, Game 6. The Giants have a 5-0 lead, Russ Ortiz is pitching the best game of any starter in that Series. It's looking like my dream of the Giants winning a World Series, and allowing me to die a happy man, all comes to a screaching halt. Dusty panics, pulls Ortiz, and it was all Angels from there on out. And worse, most of the Angels fans didn't even realize there was a team in Anaheim until about 6 weeks left in the season.

Also, in the 90 NFC Championship, the when Niners are looking like they are going to run the clock out and go for the three peat, gets destroyed when first Montana gets smeared, and then Roger Craig fumbles. Giants go on to win that game and beat the Bills on a wide right field goal.

And even though I am not a big Indians fan, I feel so sorry for them during their '97 Series lost to the Marlins. Just like Cubs and Sox fans alike, the Tribe fans have suffered for many years, and to lose like they did, is very heart breaking in deed. Amd worse the fans went back to not caring until the team made the playoffs, and won, just recently. And any team that has Jose Mesa as their closer, plays Russian Roullete each and everytime he pitches.

And the Ultimate punch in the stomach, Sox are one win away from ending the "Curse", and their relief pitching and Buckner blow it.

Let me add Sandy Alomar Jr.'s home run off of Mariano River in the 1997 ALDS, SuperBowl XXXV and Charles Smith missing about 10 LAY UPS against the Bulls in Game 5 of the 1993 NBA Eastern Conference Finals to my list.

Thanks.

Edited by Drury37

I've elaborated all I need to on the Pacers' robberies in the 94 and 99 ECFs, so I'll just throw in the 2002 NCAA Tourney, where the Hoosiers upset Duke before going on to lose pretty handily, if I recall, in the final game to Maryland. Just to be so close, yet so far.

The 96' Super Bowl....NOT fun watching the Packers just beat up the Patriots

I still think that the fat piece of crap (Parcells) didn't want to win that game. He already knew that he was leaving to go to the Jets anyways, so him getting there was enough. If he's a Super Bowl winning coach, his stock goes up and the cost to the Jets increases. Thus, he gets his team there, and then stops caring.

Why else would you kick directly to Desmond fucking Howard?!?

Last year's superbowl crushing of the Bucs over the Raiders.

The snowgame/tuck rule game between the Pats and the Raiders.

The Bills 51-3 victory over the Raiders in the early 90s in the playoffs.

The Oakland A's playoff games the last 4 years.

The Oakland A's blowing a 6-1 lead in the 8th inning at home against Toronto in the 92 playoffs.

88 world series game 1 with the Kirk Gibson homer.

90 world series sweep by the Reds.

1994 NHL Playoffs. 8th seeded Sharks upset the first seeded Red Wings 4 games to 3. In the next round they are up 3 games to 2, but lose the next 2 games, including game 6 in overtime.

the 2002 NCAA Tourney, where the Hoosiers upset Duke before going on to lose pretty handily, if I recall, in the final game to Maryland.

In one of the sloppiest basketball games I've ever seen, no less

Ouch..I taped all of those NFL Classics on yesterday morning and I saw the scenes from the 49ers/Bronco's Super Bowl. Oh man that must've sucked for any Bronco's fan.

Then again.......Joe Montana was like a god.

Chicago Bears becoming the second best team in NFC in 2001... gets killed by Philadelphia at home in old Soldier Field's finale.

Well, I guess you can take solace that karma visited the Eagles in the 2002-season's NFC Championship Game. Tampa Bay won the last football game that will ever be played in Veteran's Stadium.

OldSchoolWrestling, I'm guessing you're a fellow Californian?

There are actually quite a few of us Northern Californians here.

I guess I'll add:

Jose Cruz Jrs two dropped fly balls in the 2003 NLDS, SF/FLA. Gold Glove outfielder decides to become incompetent. I knew we weren't advancing after that.

OldSchoolWrestling, I'm guessing you're a fellow Californian?

There are actually quite a few of us Northern Californians here.

I guess I'll add:

Jose Cruz Jrs two dropped fly balls in the 2003 NLDS, SF/FLA. Gold Glove outfielder decides to become incompetent. I knew we weren't advancing after that.

Born in Oakland. My dad had Raiders season tickets since the 60's and I have some ticket stubs from the 74 A's world series that my dad attended. It's quite possible I was conceived in the stands at a Raider game.

Awesome... I've been a Raiders/Athletics fan for so long... especially the 1970s A's.... those were great teams back then. And it's pretty funny how the current A's kinda mirrors the 1970s A's with their pitching. You had Rollie Fingers, Vida Blue, Catfish Hunter, etc and now you got Troy Hudson, Barry Zito and Mark Mulder.

The Catch II, Packers/49ers game in the Wild Card round of the 1998 playoffs.

Super Bowl XXXII - Holmgren letting TD just run in for a touchdown to give the Packers time to drive down the field again, a drive which never made it. Seeing Mark Chumura drop that ball on 4th Down and give the ball back to Special Ed Elway and his buddies killed me. Fucking awesome game, but fuck.

Oh, and Favre just hurling the ball up for grabs last Sunday.