TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest The Winter Of My Discontent

The One & Only Benoit Road to Championship Threa

Has there been three "great" matches by that standard in the WWE in say the last 3 years?

No. Thats why I am saying we can't really blame Benoit or Eddie. Maybe if the WWE gave Benoit or Eddie 30 min. instead of Triple H and HBk who just don't have it anymore. Or they are do concerned about putting their characters over instead of a good match.

Guest BionicRedneck

From WO.com

--There was a post Royal Rumble celebration with Steve Austin and Chris Benoit after the show with Austin putting him over big and Benoit talking about his dream of winning the title, which got a standing ovation from the live crowd.

It's actually a shame they did that after the show.

Has there been three "great" matches by that standard in the WWE in say the last 3 years?

No. Thats why I am saying we can't really blame Benoit or Eddie. Maybe if the WWE gave Benoit or Eddie 30 min. instead of Triple H and HBk who just don't have it anymore. Or they are do concerned about putting their characters over instead of a good match.

As in 3 years would that happen to reach back to 2001, because in 2001 there were some really awesome matches around Wrestlemania time?

As in 3 years would that happen to reach back to 2001, because in 2001 there were some really awesome matches around Wrestlemania time?

The last "great" WWE match was Rock/Austin from WM17. It was the usual overbooked WWE Main Event, but the emotion, backstory, and heat was amazing. It was like a World Championship Heayweight Boxing Match.

The last "great" WWE match was Rock/Austin from WM17. It was the usual overbooked WWE Main Event, but the emotion, backstory, and heat was amazing. It was like a World Championship Heayweight Boxing Match.

You took the words right out of my mouth.

Guest Anglesault
From WO.com

--There was a post Royal Rumble celebration with Steve Austin and Chris Benoit after the show with Austin putting him over big and Benoit talking about his dream of winning the title, which got a standing ovation from the live crowd.

It's actually a shame they did that after the show.

Oh, HHH is SO winning.

Guest PowerPB13

It all depends on your criteria for "great matches"...do you want something technically sound, a high-flying match, something fast-paced or something more methodical and psychology-based, something that's just entertaining to watch?

Match quality is almost always in the eye of the beholder.

-Patrick

We mean a great WWE style match, if we meant truly great matches we'd be going wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy back.

Guest Ghettoman

I've called many a match, over the last year even, great, but if were holding it to certain standards then a great match in the WWE isn't exactly a common occurence that one should expect.

I've called many a match, over the last year even, great, but if were holding it to certain standards then a great match in the WWE isn't exactly a common occurence that one should expect.

No, you shouldn't.

Yes Eddie/Edge ladder match good, but a bit overrated by some.

Anyway, Benoit is going to win the title one way or another. 71% of the wrestlers who won the Rumble went on to WM and won the title.

RR 89: Big John Studd

WM V Match: No match

RR 90: Hulk Hogan

WM VI: Hogan vs. UW, Hogan lost title

RR 91: Hulk Hogan

WM VII: Hogan vs. Sgt. Slaughter, Hogan won title

RR 92: Ric Flair

WMVIII: Ric Flair vs. Macho Man, Flair lost title

RR 93: Yokozunna

WM IX: Yokozunna vs. Bret Hart, Yokozuna won title (Can't count Hogan's title win afterwards)

RR 94: Bret Hart and Lex Luger

WM X: Bret Hart vs. Yokozunna, Hart won title

RR 95: Shawn Michaels

WM XI: Shawn Michaels vs. Diesel, Diesel retained title

RR 96: Shawn Michaels

WM XII: Shawn Michaels vs. Bret Hart. Michaels won title

RR 97: Stone Cold

WM XIII: RR winner didn't have WM title shot

RR 98: Stone Cold

WM XIV Stone Cold vs. Shawn Michaels, Stone Cold won title

RR 99: Vince McMahon (SCSA beat Vince to get WM title shot)

WM XV Stone Cold vs. The Rock, Stone Cold won title

RR 00: The Rock

WM 2000: The Rock vs. Triple-H vs. Big Show vs. Mankind, Triple-H retained title

RR 01: Stone Cold

WM X-7: Stone Cold vs. The Rock, Stone Cold wins title

RR 02: Triple-H

WM X-8: Triple-H vs. Chris Jericho, Triple-H wins title

RR 03: Brock Lesnar

WM X-9: Brock Lesnar vs. Kurt Angle, Lesnar wins title

RR 04: Chris Benoit

WM XX: ?????????

There have been 5 times that the RR winner wasn't the challenger for title at WM.

RR 89, BJS didn't have a WM match

RR 90, Hogan was champion when he won the RR

RR 92, Flair won title by winning the RR

RR 97, SCSA didn't fight for the title

RR 99, Vince lost his title shot to SCSA

10 of the RR winners won the title at WM

2 of the RR winners didn't win the title at WM

If you go by % then Benoit will win the title at WM.

But as we have said, there is only 1 Wrestlemania XX, one time for HHH to win at Wrestlemania XX. He's just gonna drop the title at Backlash and win it back in the Skydome at Summerslam.

Guest Trivia247

geez if they didn't give Chris the title at Mania then its like business as usual for the WWE.

but if he did get it.

Win or lose I'd wonder what happen to Make Chris finally the manageral respect to get the title Shot?

can't be tenure because he was in the WWE years before Brock was

geez if they didn't give Chris the title at Mania then its like business as usual for the WWE.

but if he did get it.

Win or lose I'd wonder what happen to Make Chris finally the manageral respect to get the title Shot?

Aren't you supposed to have proper grammar on this forum?

Guest Anglesault
Anyway, Benoit is going to win the title one way or another. t WM.

Don't bet the farm on it.

a) It IS Chris Benoit

b) It IS HHH

Guest Trivia247

but if he did get it.

Aren't you supposed to have proper grammar on this forum?

dag dem darn gramm ar pole eese dinna catch dis boy yet...

(hears the sirines)

gotta go.

a) It IS Chris Benoit

b) It IS HHH

I'm going to be optimistic here and say that Benoit will win the title somehow. It is just like the Sox winning the World Series; it won't happen anytime soon, but it will happen.

Guest Anglesault

a) It IS Chris Benoit

b) It IS HHH

I'm going to be optimistic here and say that Benoit will win the title somehow

You shoud know better.