TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Golgo 13

Promo: New Beginnings

Moments, or rather, hours after the final SJL show ever has ended, Manson traverses the halls of the Gund, his leather jacket on over a fresh black t-shirt, a duffel bag slung over his shoulder and a bandage on his forehead. He's one of the last to leave, having stayed late, mourning the death of the SJL, while celebrating a new beginning.

This has been his home for years, ever since the IGNJL signed him up in November 2001 and put him to work soon after. Previous to his signing, he was out of luck, having broken his neck in Mexico and struggling just to get back in ring shape. The IGNJL, and by proxy, the IGNWF saved him.

The memories of the past few years swirl in his head. He thinks of the first gimmick saddled on him, the psychotic hit man Mafia. His thoughts then drift onto a little ill fated stable by the name of Havoc, consisting of himself, Stryke, Renegade, Sydney and Annie. He then goes onto The New Sound... with Matt Myers and Insane Luchador later brought into the mix, and as if by coincidence, Andrew Rickmen speaks with Jacob Helmsley on the other side of the corridor. As Manson passes them by, he gives a knowing nod to them both. IL and Helmsley reciprocate, as Manson continues on his way.

Even through the frequent injuries, disappointments, dropped storylines and gimmick changes, he aspired to be the best, and he knew this was where he wanted to do it. Eventually the new class came in, as some of those he got to know so well moved on, but he remained. Even though his old friends were gone, he found new ones. And still, some old ones were with him through it all, tearing it up all the way to the bitter end.

But even after all that, and after thinking about his loss versus Aecas hours ago, he thinks that from this point on, it doesn't even matter.

The trials and tribulations of the SJL, the friendships and good times. It's no longer important or relevant. He finally has what he's always wanted, a fresh start in the SWF and a chance to show what he can do; a chance to show that he CAN match up with the very best. As he walks out of the arena, his thoughts flash forward to Clusterfuck, and his chance...

"To finally prove that I belong..."

Ok so, I got your QUIT message and decided to go read this. I must have missed it while viewing the JL show. Anyway, I like this a lot, it gives a good re-introduction to Manson for those who may be unfamiliar with the character as well as for Manson tredding into new waters - the SWF.

Welcome aboard, it's been a long time coming. :)

Sign in to follow this