TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Brian

Helping to restore some order

Guest Brian

Well, I've decided that since Jay needs someone to relieve some of his PM's, and he wants to fix this forum, I'm hoping there are posters around here who are interested in saving this forum too. Basically, post your gripes, complaints, problems, or suggestions; and if you're worried about them being seen, PM me and I'll take a look. Remember, whether your an administrator or not everyone shares some form of responsibility. I have a lot of fun posting my opinion around here and I'm definately looking forward to seeing people posting here in the future.

Guest Tony149

Don't mean to do a run-in Brian, but the same goes for me too. If you have complaints, problems, suggestions, etc., also PM me. I'm on the board most of the time.

Guest goodhelmet

I'm not a mod or anything (I was robbed :(  ) but you can PM me too!!!!!

Guest cobainwasmurdered

you can't pm me i have better things todo, ok i don't but i'm not a mod and i don't know shit about nothing.

Guest TheDames7

Sorry for the late Papa Shango-like run-in, but I'm also available for some technical assistance.  

Dames - Supa Mod :)

I just would like to know if the Paypal account raised enough moeny for a server yet. I know this isnt a PM but oh well.

Guest mR. x Da SpOoKy SeCrEt MaN

No, we still need about 70 dollars

please donate!

Guest Downhome

I'm not going to PM anyone, as I've already done that for the most part. I will however express here publicly in this thread, some measures that I feel needs to be taken to restore this forum to it's former greatness...

1) The Mod Situation --- If you look up and down at the forum listings, the Mod's seem to just be cluttered everywhere, and not very organized. The forums either do not have any Mods assigned, or there are too many. Don't get me wrong, the TOTAL of Mods on the entire forum is fine, it's the perfect ammount, but how they are placed is an issue in my eyes.

Why does the WWF folder need six Mods, not including the Head Admin? Then you look down and a forum with MUCH less posts/activity has the same ammount. It just makes no sense to me. I think the ammount of Mods at each forum should go hand in hand with the activity of which the board experiances. Perhaps three at the MOST for the WWF folder, and then go from there using that logic.

You may not think so, but something as simple as this small detail can indeed help quite a bit.

2) Strictness --- In the current state of this forum, it is not a time to become more strict. I made a post in the WWF folder asking everyone if they would prefer Rocky to stay in the WWF or to leave for Hollywood. This was purly my asking everyone if they would prefer the WWF with, or without him. But simply because I asked if they wished The Scorpion King to do well or not (as that is one of the things which could possibly lead to a decision on this issue), it was moved to The Movies folder, simply because I MENTIONED a movie.

I've seen other such topics by other posters which have been moved, and it can be a headache to many posters. It's time to be firm, but just loosen up on the "strictness". Take care of the spammers, and other such things, and move threads which are way far out of bounds, and besides that, just loosen up for right now.

3) Annoucements --- Seems here lately that there has been annoucement, after annoucement, after annoucement made in the WWF folder and made a sticky topic. At some times, it's 3-4 threads at a time. This, in a way, makes this folder look very cluttered up and could lead to some not wanting to post here. Having the problems of the site annouced here makes it just look like it's on it's last legs, which could simply lead to more and more people leaving as a result.

Cut down on the sticky annoucement topics, in order to keep the forum more eye-friendly. Now more than ever this can be done, as I just now noticed that we even have an entire FOLDER dedicated to "The Future of This Forum".

...just some feedback, take it or leave it, it's only my opinion afterall.

Sincerely,

...Downhome...

Guest Risk

Nice post Downhome.  Why do the mods get to post non-WWF things in the WWF folder with their damn pin feature!?  GLASS CEILING!

Guest EI Cubano
1) The Mod Situation --- If you look up and down at the forum listings, the Mod's seem to just be cluttered everywhere, and not very organized. The forums either do not have any Mods assigned, or there are too many. Don't get me wrong, the TOTAL of Mods on the entire forum is fine, it's the perfect ammount, but how they are placed is an issue in my eyes.

Why does the WWF folder need six Mods, not including the Head Admin? Then you look down and a forum with MUCH less posts/activity has the same ammount. It just makes no sense to me. I think the ammount of Mods at each forum should go hand in hand with the activity of which the board experiances. Perhaps three at the MOST for the WWF folder, and then go from there using that logic.

Basically here's the deal. When we distributed the mods, we placed them in the forums that people were complaining about the most. Justin and I wanted to remain in control over the Site Feedback, General chat etc. for obvious reasons.

Now that the forum is not really Smarks related anymore, I am taking a step back. I just upgraded the four mods to super mods and apparently Mike made "the dames" a super mod too which is cool. That means that they can all moderate whatever folder they want regardless of who's name is on it, and YES, the WWF folder is an eye sore to look at with 6 mods listed below.

Guest Downhome

Basically here's the deal. When we distributed the mods, we placed them in the forums that people were complaining about the most. Justin and I wanted to remain in control over the Site Feedback, General chat etc. for obvious reasons.

Now that the forum is not really Smarks related anymore, I am taking a step back. I just upgraded the four mods to super mods and apparently Mike made "the dames" a super mod too which is cool. That means that they can all moderate whatever folder they want regardless of who's name is on it, and YES, the WWF folder is an eye sore to look at with 6 mods listed below.

Then is this going to be resolved? I totally understand why you created new Mods, but what I don't understand is why there was six placed in a folder such as WWF, etc... Also, if you are going to have all of them be "Super Mods" now, why can you not go ahead and spread their names out across the forums more so, rather than having so many at one place. With their being able to mod every forum, there would then be no need to have their names up. As a matter of fact, you could simply remove their names from the Mod list. That is, of course, unless you just wish to make it public for ALL who come here, to see just who the Mods are in the event they need help with something.

What I would do, is asign each of the Global Mods, their own "personal forum" to keep a special eye on. They could be the guys to take all questions/requests for that certain forums. Then also while having them all be Super Mods, they can still take care of stuff in other forums when need be.

Eh, I'm just rambling now. Just trying to help, lol! ;)

Guest dreamer420

since i am on here almost all day every day, if you guys are looking for another mod for maybe the old school, music, and general forums i would like to volunteer my services for that job.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

I'll do my best to answer all of this.

"1) The Mod Situation --- If you look up and down at the forum listings, the Mod's seem to just be cluttered everywhere, and not very organized. The forums either do not have any Mods assigned, or there are too many. Don't get me wrong, the TOTAL of Mods on the entire forum is fine, it's the perfect ammount, but how they are placed is an issue in my eyes.

You may not think so, but something as simple as this small detail can indeed help quite a bit. "

As Cubano said...the names listed on the forum are now meaningless.  Tony, Kahran, Brian, Dames and I have mod powers over all the folders now.  They used to indicate where the mod powers were avtive...now they are just arbitrary.

"2) Strictness --- In the current state of this forum, it is not a time to become more strict. I made a post in the WWF folder asking everyone if they would prefer Rocky to stay in the WWF or to leave for Hollywood. This was purly my asking everyone if they would prefer the WWF with, or without him. But simply because I asked if they wished The Scorpion King to do well or not (as that is one of the things which could possibly lead to a decision on this issue), it was moved to The Movies folder, simply because I MENTIONED a movie.

I've seen other such topics by other posters which have been moved, and it can be a headache to many posters. It's time to be firm, but just loosen up on the "strictness". Take care of the spammers, and other such things, and move threads which are way far out of bounds, and besides that, just loosen up for right now."

Well...I'm not certain as to who moves what where at all times...but I can't disagree with you at all Downhome.  I've only closed one thread and moved one other one.  Both of which I felt justified in doing.  That being said...there are a lot of threads that pop up where they just don't belong.  Some people seem to think that the WWF floder is where to post everything since it gets the most hits.  That is simply not the case.  And as far as your thread that was moved, I beleive that the mod has already talked with you about it.

"3) Annoucements --- Seems here lately that there has been annoucement, after annoucement, after annoucement made in the WWF folder and made a sticky topic. At some times, it's 3-4 threads at a time. This, in a way, makes this folder look very cluttered up and could lead to some not wanting to post here. Having the problems of the site annouced here makes it just look like it's on it's last legs, which could simply lead to more and more people leaving as a result.

Cut down on the sticky annoucement topics, in order to keep the forum more eye-friendly. Now more than ever this can be done, as I just now noticed that we even have an entire FOLDER dedicated to "The Future of This Forum""

This is the most important thing that I can stress about this.  Things that are not about the WWF do NOT belong in the WWF forum.  There was a whole folder created for the new forum crap...because there were a bunch of things pinned to the top of the forum that had absolutely NOTHING to do with the WWF.

The people responsible for this know who they are...and while you think that you are trying to "save" the board you are only destroying it at the same time.

There is a great lack of communication between certain parties and the mods/super mods whatever...If this kind of activitey continues it will only serve to destroy the forum.

And no one wants that.

Guest Downhome
So why is this topic in the WWF folder? ;)

One of my points exactly.

This forum can be restored to it's once former greatness, but not untill certain steps are taken in the right dirrection, and none of which I have seen begin as of yet.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

I'm going to answer that too.

There is a lot of things that I just flat out don't understand about the forum right now.

1.  There is no longer any smark involvement.  (for further proof of this...look no farther than Cubano's post...and the fact that he is no longer a mod of any kind)

2.  Some...if not all decisions are made without the knowledge of the mods.  I'm not talking about moviing or deleting threads...I'm talking about why Rasmus lost his mod powers without being told...until I restored them.

3.  And this is why this thread remains here:

Nothing can be accomplished on this board until the admin has some kind of an idea of what direction we are heading in.

The other thousand topics that were stuck to the top of this forum...we (the mods) have no idea what they are for, or why...and thus Cubano created there own place.

This thread, and Cubano's thread, remain here because they are the only 2 "announcements" that we have any knowledge of, firsthand.

It's not a future of the forum thread...its not even a site feedbak thread...

It's the one thing we do know.

Brian, Tony, Dames, Kahran and I are here to help.

It remains in the WWF folder...because this is the folder with a majority of the problems.

If you have a problem...you need look no further than the top of this forum to click on the message button on our posts at the top to get a hold of us.

No one knows what is going on, because the admin hasn't exactly made anything clear.

Until something is clear...this thread stays.

Guest Brian

Don't worry. This thread will be either unpinned or deleted by the end of today like I said in my second post.

Guest cobainwasmurdered

i just wanted the site called cobainwasmurdered.com  was tht too much too ask??????????????

seriously though can you move both the pinned things outta this folder?

Guest TheDames7

Seeing as how no one's done it yet, I'm going to unpin this and move it to the "future of the forum" section.

Dames

Guest admin

Ok, once we upgrade this board to the newer PHP version many things will change

i will basickly re organize some things and seeting assigned mod to every folder.

This is the most important thing that I can stress about this.  Things that are not about the WWF do NOT belong in the WWF forum.  There was a whole folder created for the new forum crap...because there were a bunch of things pinned to the top of the forum that had absolutely NOTHING to do with the WWF.

But only mods can pin topics so did you move them without telling?

1.  There is no longer any smark involvement.  (for further proof of this...look no farther than Cubano's post...and the fact that he is no longer a mod of any kind)

Actaully it still says Cubano is a super mod. I thoguht him and Justin were going to stay here.

Some...if not all decisions are made without the knowledge of the mods.  I'm not talking about moviing or deleting threads...I'm talking about why Rasmus lost his mod powers without being told...until I restored them.

But if he is a super mod....how can someone delete his powers?

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

Good Questions jesuit pig.

1.  Only Super mods and admins can pin.  For some reason mod powers don't contain that power.  When ALL of the sorum and site posts were pinned...we were still just mods...and couldn't have pinned those topics.   Cubano created a new folder for them because they were cluttering the board...and then elavated all of our status.  

2.  Cubano's powers have been restored now.  But they were taken away without anything being said to him, or anyone else about it.

3.  The board was set up so that the only person who can delete someones powers is the person who gave them to you.  But the admin turned that off and allowed for people to take away the powers of others.  Rasmus, Tony, Cubano and I have all been "sent down" without reason or provocation. And then we all had to go in and restore each others rank.  

Let's put it this way.  Someone on the board had been fucking around with things for no reason...and its obvious from this topic that it has been hurting the board.  Everything seems to have stopped now, as far as that is concerned...lets just hope it stays that way.

Guest admin

I'am not sure exactly on details i have been forced to make everyone below me or super admin so that some old people who use to be superadmins screw things over.  The powers thing i'am not to sure what happened there.  Sorry about whatever happened their,  The new boards should work better w/ all htese types of situations.  Let me know if anyone else still needs help.