TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Muzz

Promo: farewell...

Guest Muzz

Days had come, winters had gone,

and we gambled like siblings in Paradise.

I was your knight, holding you tight

as a brother when I saw your crying eyes.

Time went by and we had to say goodbye.

Staring up to the clouds above

Children - so little and sad.

Hoping the saints could help one day

Lead us together again.

Holding the key to the alley of dreams

still in hands.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Long after Storm has ceased broadcasting, and everyone is gone, the arena lies bare, not a soul to be found, except for one man, standing inside the squared circle where he did battle not but three hours ago. Not as grand a spectacle as he had hoped… he has fallen from grace, and he doesn’t know when he can recapture his past glory.

To stay around for so long, and to have gained so little… it’s a wonder he can still go on with this. He hasn’t been at peace with himself since joining the IGN Wrestling Federation… so many changes in his life, nothing has remained constant, even his state of mind. But he has been down this road before, pondering his life, but somehow, he finds a way to forget everything.

He strolls around the ring in a circle, continuing to think. Tonight, he doesn’t feel evil, just himself. An SWF attendant slowly walks down to the ring, a sense of remorse that he has to deliver this message which would shatter anyone… even evil itself.

Sacred stops in his tracks as he sees the man approach. He can tell this won’t be a pleasant visit, but it never is with Sacred involved. The man climbs up the steel steps, even thinking of going back and letting someone else take care of this, but Sacred motions him into the ring, and he obliges.

Both men walk up to each other, roughly the same height, but Sacred with battle scars, cuts and bruises. The attendant lowers his head, and looks down at the small piece of paper in front of him… He looks back up into Sacred’s dark azure eyes and just comes out with…

“You’re wife has…”

He struggles to complete the sentence, as Sacred turns his head, wondering what could be so hard to say.

“She’s… been killed in a car accident… I’m terribly sorry…”

Bang… the sound a gun firing and it’s lead bullet tearing through Sacred’s heart. An accurate description of what he feels right now… Sacred stands there without a word, the man cannot but begin to wonder what Sacred must be feeling. He asks…

“Are you alright? Is there anything you ne–“

“I’m fine… just go, please…” Sacred replies in a soft voice, devoid of feeling.

The man respects Sacred’s wishes to be alone, and quietly exits the ring, as Sacred continues to stare into nothing. “Anna…” he whispers, seeing her face in his mind… “She’s… gone…”

The attendant makes his way backstage, even he fights to keep back a tear. But back in the ring, Sacred collapses in a heap, feeling so crushed, and so alone. Anna was always the one constant in his life, and now that’s been taken away from him. A solitary tear rolls down his cheek, and for a moment, he forgets everything, his friends, his career, and his past. His head hits the canvas, and the tear drops onto the mat.

It’s hard when you lose everyone you love… everything seems meaningless. People seem meaningless. Life seems meaningless. Anna’s gone now, and I’m alone. I may have friends, but you start to wonder, if they really care. I guess when it’s all said and done, all you have is yourself.

Sacred struggles onto his feet, he feels shaky, and needs support from the rope. He looks around, and imagines the fans in their seats, taunting him, and booing him. Sacred could go through all the personal grief in the world, and it wouldn’t matter to them. Sacred has had it enough in his tenure in the IGNWF to know that. He thinks of Anna, and then thinks of the fans, taunting him. An unbelievable rage builds up inside of him…

He steps through the ropes, and drops onto the floor. He feels like an empty shell, walking up the ramp way, which he has done so many times before, win or lose. This time he has lost, but he has lost the thing most important to him. He glances to his left, and imagines the screaming fans, directing their anger towards him with shrieking voices. On his right, he imagines former opponents, former friends too. They just stare at him, expressionless faces. Sacred brings his head down and tries to push back the memories.

Attendants who have hung around for a chat and a coffee with each other watch Sacred walk past, and they are suddenly silent, as if to pay respect. Sacred looks each one in the eye as he walks out, wondering what they’re thinking. For that moment, all of them had lost their wives, just to imagine what Sacred could be feeling.

The hallway is deserted as Sacred walks down, no place to go. He hears the sound of laughter inside one room. He looks at the sign on the door…

“Midnight Carnival.”

He cannot bear to hear laughter right now, and he runs off, remembering his failure. He keeps running, until he reaches his locker room. He opens the door and steps in, not having any real purpose, just needing to get away from everything. He sees a couch in the corner of the room, but opts for the floor instead. He lies down and thinks… Thinking, of what he’ll do now.

Everything I’ve done up to this point… it doesn’t matter anymore. The accolades I’ve achieved, non-existent. If I don’t have love, I don’t have anything…

But she wouldn’t want me to do this to myself… she believed in me more than I believed in myself… she was always encouraging me, because she knew I wanted to do better.

I’ll fight for her…

Sacred feels alive again for a few short seconds, but then reality sets in. She’s never coming back, he’ll never get to talk to her again. He’ll walk alone…

The shattered man picks himself up off the floor. He doesn’t know quite what to do. It seems nothing can give him pleasure anymore, all he has to work for is the SWF. To do his fallen wife proud…

A phone ringing alerts Sacred. He sighs, not feeling up to taking a call right now. He picks up the phone, but instead of answering it, he throws it across the room. It smashes into a million pieces after hitting the wall. Nothing feels right anymore, Sacred doesn’t feel like doing anything.

Except fight. Fighting for his wife… but also, to prove something to everyone…

Sacred walks across the room, planting himself on the couch. He’s doing a lot of thinking right now… who wouldn’t after such a tragedy. He knows is purpose to go on now… but he will never forget who helped him the most, and still does, even in death. He looks on the coffee table in front of him, where a picture frame holds a picture of Anna, smiling, smiling back at Sacred.

Andrew smiles as well…

“I’ll love you… always…” He whispers…

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Time telling me to say farewell

But I knew that I would fight hell

And I knew: We will

Go for another time we can see,

For another time we'll be free,

For no more farewell.

Avantasia – Farewell

-Muzza-

Guest Insanityman

Awesome promo Sacred, can't wait to see how this will lead into to.

Guest Zero_Cool

*puts a hand on Sacred's shoulder, and hands him a small, black book.  The book reads*

"101 Ways to Raise People from the Dead"

Deep, man.  Deep.

Guest Edwin MacPhisto

Well, damn.

That was absolutely awesome.  It's rare that promos from this little game of ours actually move me, but that one did.  Pinnacle work, Muzz.  Absolutely wonderful.

Whoa.

Muzz, that was one of the best promos I've ever read. Great stuff, man.

I played the song "Farewell" as I read it. (Y)

Crowe

Guest AnnieEclectic

Wow man...

*fights back tears*

I joke around a lot, but I could never think of what would happen if I lost my Rose....

deep shit man, I wish I had written this....

-Annie

Guest Ash Ketchum

Wow... Sacred man... that's some deep stuff...

If Ash ever lost Misty... he'd never be the same again... :(

Guest TheAntipop

Right on, Muzz.  Remember the other night?  I told you people would dig this.  More brilliant writing from my main man. (Y)

Guest Perfect_Bo

Sacred, in the chat last night I told you this is one of the best Promo I ever read from you...  Now, this probably was very personal for you, and this Promo reminds me of the Promo I wrote a while ago...  I wrote a Promo about my brother's death and I got real personal, actually crying while typing that promo.  I doubt many people remember that, but I was in the WF already...  

Sacred, that just made me bring back memories about my personal life and with my wife and how we are no longer together, it wasnt by death, but our relationship did die.

Sacred, that was an awesome Promo, very personal and different...  Keep up your good work and sooner or later you'll be higher in everything...

B "Remembering his brother and wife and how both of the relationship die." O