TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest FrigidSoul

The OAO Tom Brady is the Best QB in the NFL Thread

Guest FrigidSoul

Brady played the 2002-2003 season with a partially torn rotator's cuff. I was surprised to see him do as well as he did since most thought his arm would fall off.

Why's everyone riding Bradshaw's jock?

Ehh, I'm not riding his jock, I just went with a HoF QB who I saw as similar to Brady: Not flashy, got the job done, good/excellent receiving core, played opposite a solid defense

Oh yeah, and twice a SB MVP too

Then again, Joe Namath has pretty shitty career numbers, and he's in the Hall because of his guarantee before Super Bowl III.

Agreed

He's a leader, as ALL QB's are leaders of their team. That's just the way it goes. If a team wins a Super Bowl, the QB, regardless of whether or not he had a spectacular game, will be MVP. That's the way it is.

And now we disprove this theory.

Super Bowl XXXVII MVP Dexter Jackson of the Tampa Bay Bucs was not a QB(surprising, I know). In fact he was a Safety who picked off the ball a couple times. Now Brad Johnson completed about 50% of his passes for 215yards, 1 pick, and 2 TDs...he didn't have a spectacular game but he did manage the clock and got them in the endzone a couple times. From what you've said however Brad Johnson should have been the MVP but he wasn't.

Now from what I have counted there have been 19 SuperBowl MVPs to go to QBs, however(!) how many of them were to different QBs? 13...the other 19 have gone to 19 different players who were not QBs. So they do not win them all the time, in fact a different QB doesn't win a SuperBowl MVP even half of the time.

Good QBs win a SuperBowl MVP, Elite QBs win multiple SuperBowl MVPs

I suppose Bart Starr, Terry Bradshaw, Joe Montana, and Tom Brady shouldn't have gotten them though due to recievers, defense, recievers, and once again defense.

Dexter Jackson was in the right place at the right time on two different plays. He didn't dominate the game.

I worded it wrong; what I meant was, if there's no one that really stood out in the game, or at least got lucky on a couple of plays, then the QB will always win the MVP. Regarding DB's getting the MVP, one only needs to look at "Scott's Law" to figure out how that one works. Look at Bored's post to see proof of why a few quarterbacks should not have won the MVP.

Like I said before, Bradshaw and the rest of that Steelers offense WAS overrated. You want proof? They were known for the defense, yet in every Super Bowl an offensive player won the MVP. When you're leading at half-time 2-0, with the only score coming from your defense, and your quarterback having like 11 receptions in the whole game, well, something is wrong.

For whomever compared Manning to Marino, regarding the rings; like I said, Marvin<Pats Defense.

For the Walter Payton thing, I was thinking of Barry Sanders. But, the Bears had a shitty team until that 46 defense broke out in '85, I remember reading that his team had the same W-L record as Barry's Lions in the first seven seasons of their career, or something like that. Doesn't make them any less great though.