TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
MarvinisaLunatic

Jim Fassel joins the Ravens Coaching Staff

Guest Salacious Crumb

I think for any other team it would've been a good move but Billick is way too impatient to develop a QB. If this guy won't even keep the guy that won him a ring then why is he going to suddenly stick with Boller/Wright until they develop into something? I think Wright should definately be the starter for next season. He brought a consistency to the offense that Boller never could.

Guest El Satanico

Boller is really the first young QB that the Ravens have had to develop. Redman wasn't the answer due to a back injury, I believe.

Dilfer didn't exactly lead them to their Super Bowl win, he hung on for a ride with the defense and kept major mistakes out of the offense. Sure him keeping mistakes down helped them win a Super Bowl, but I wouldn't call that leading your team.

Guest FrigidSoul

Speaking of the Ravens I found this out today, but I didn't want to start a seperate thread on it.

Bill Belichik is the reason why Ray Lewis is a Baltimore Raven. Now you might ask "How can that be?" Well let me tell you.

When Bill Belichik was head coach of Cleveland he had alot of say in the Drafts. Well in 1995 the 49ers came to Belichik and asked if he was willing to trade down so they could grab JJ Stokes. Belichik agreed saying he would exchange Cleveland's 1st round pick for San Fran's this year and San Fran's 96 1st rounder. Well everybody knows that after the 95 season the Browns moved to Baltimore and fired Belichik..but they didn't have a replacement staff in time that could put together their draft table so they went with Belichik's. Thus using Belichik's draft table they used the San Fran 1st rounder to draft...Ray Lewis, and the rest is history. Kinda neat huh?

Well, that sucks. I hope they don't get Sapp.

If they do get Sapp it will have more to do with Ray Lewis than Jim Fassel. They said on ESPN that Lewis is recruiting Sapp already. Maybe Sapp will start saying that he will break the sack record again.

Guest OctoberBlood
Well, that sucks. I hope they don't get Sapp.

If they do get Sapp it will have more to do with Ray Lewis than Jim Fassel. They said on ESPN that Lewis is recruiting Sapp already. Maybe Sapp will start saying that he will break the sack record again.

Yeah, I heard that too - thats why I said it. Bengals did to break the bank this offseason.

Guest FrigidSoul

Sapp's skills are declining and he's placing his foot in his mouth now more than ever. I feel sorry for whatever team overpays for his fat ass.

Yeah, I heard that too - thats why I said it. Bengals did to break the bank this offseason.

I am pretty sure we should be able to get Ahmed Plummer. I am hoping by some miracle we can get Champ Bailey, but he will get franchised so I doubt it.

Sapp is overrated. I know Ray Lewis is the one recruiting him but I cannot help but wonder if those two would clash at some point during the season.

Guest OctoberBlood

If we could get Champ Bailey and Plummer, I'd be VERY happy. Though, I think we need alittle help on the offensive AND defensive line. We could not stop the run last year, and although injures hurt our main Oline, we were pretty pittiful down the stretch protecting Kitna.

Ray Lewis and Warren Sapp were teammates at Miami. Also, if Ray Lewis thinks highly of Sapp doesn't that mean something?

I'll just be glad when he's not on the Buccs next year.

The only Bucs player (well, technically anyway) that might be a Raven is Keyshawn, and hes already said he wouldn't mind playing for the Ravens so thats possible. The Ravens need a WR, and hes probably the #2 available behind Owens.

The major concerns that need to be adressed are on the offense (need a bigtime FA WR, please dump Orlando Brown, resign Anthony Wright and Marcus Robinson) and Special Teams (Desperately need a kick returner better than Lamont Brightful).

On Defense, Chris McCallister is going to get franchised so he won't be going anywhere, and I hope they are able to resign Ed Hartwell.