TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Perfxion

MAJOR PC problem here

I went to reformat my C: drive because it was completely loaded with shit and to make it back to factory settings. I removed all programs to the drive I wanted to keep. But since windows has a way of pissing me off. It reformatted my F: drive with ALL of my progams and songs I wanted to keep and left my C: drive alone. I now lost 7 gigs of wrestling matches, 12 gigs of music, and 4 gigs of pics/and gifs I created(PSDs, bitmaps, and PHP to keep them multi-layered so it is almost a 400mbs a pic). Is there a way to find any of these or to go DL crazy on the music/matches to replace them?

Guest drdrainoscott

If it makes you feel any better, I came back from watching the Super Bowl to find my laptop unable to turn on. I took it to CompUSA the next day, and they concluded that the battery had essentially overheated and literally fried the hard drive, cdrom, and some other hardware that reads the hard drive's information. They told me I was SOL and there was nothing they could do.

On a happier note, my new laptop arrived today and let me tell you, college life is a bitch without a computer for over a week.

I went to reformat my C: drive because it was completely loaded with shit and to make it back to factory settings. I removed all programs to the drive I wanted to keep. But since windows has a way of pissing me off. It reformatted my F: drive with ALL of my progams and songs I wanted to keep and left my C: drive alone.

Just out of curiosity, what did you use to format your drive? Did you go through Windows or did you do "format c:" through the command prompt (DOS)?

Through Windows, I have an HP(I know, it sucks) and it has System Recovery right in the start menu. Well, the first was a non destructive and that didn't help. So I wanted a system clean out, and it cleaned out the wrong drive this time. I tried what Rant offered up and no dice. Good news is out of the 2000+ songs I lost, I got 200 back in 24 hours. That is without ripping....yet.