TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Youth N Asia

Stephen Hawkings being abused by wife

NURSE: I Saw Wife Attacking Hawking

Mirror (UK) ^ | Jan 22, 2004 | By Nick Sommerlad And Rosa Prince

Posted on 01/22/2004 12:54:58 AM PST by witnesstothefall

A nurse who cared for Stephen Hawking yesterday accused his wife of being behind the scientist's mysterious injuries.

She claimed Elaine Hawking, 53, had repeatedly assaulted the 62-year-old Cambridge professor, who is paralysed by motor neurone disease.

The nurse, who claims to have seen several attacks, came forward to say: "Elaine makes it very difficult for the family and anyone who is there. We all witnessed assaults, all of us.

"Everyone was in fear of the woman and in fear of causing problems for Stephen."

The nurse, who was part of Prof Hawking's round-the-clock care team for several years, recalled seeing a three-inch gash to his throat - caused she claimed by Elaine "shaving him very harshly". She added: "Another time she slammed his wrist down on his wheelchair and his wrist broke."

The nurse also claimed she was threatened and abused by Elaine, Hawking's second wife.

The academic, a regular visitor to his local A&E, denies all reports of attacks on him.

Police have spoken to the nurse, who is now working abroad. They plan to fly her to Cambridge to be interviewed.

------------------------------------

I had heard about this a couple of times and this was the first piece I found about it online...Jim Rome even mentioned it today on his how.

How bad of a person do you have to be to abuse a guy in a wheelchair who can't move? There was also talk of her leaving him out in the blistering sun without his battery for the chair.

Bitch

Guest MikeSC

A nurse who cared for Stephen Hawking yesterday accused his wife of being behind the scientist's mysterious injuries.

She claimed Elaine Hawking, 53, had repeatedly assaulted the 62-year-old Cambridge professor, who is paralysed by motor neurone disease.

The nurse, who claims to have seen several attacks, came forward to say: "Elaine makes it very difficult for the family and anyone who is there. We all witnessed assaults, all of us.

"Everyone was in fear of the woman and in fear of causing problems for Stephen."

The nurse, who was part of Prof Hawking's round-the-clock care team for several years, recalled seeing a three-inch gash to his throat - caused she claimed by Elaine "shaving him very harshly". She added: "Another time she slammed his wrist down on his wheelchair and his wrist broke."

The nurse also claimed she was threatened and abused by Elaine, Hawking's second wife.

The academic, a regular visitor to his local A&E, denies all reports of attacks on him.

Police have spoken to the nurse, who is now working abroad. They plan to fly her to Cambridge to be interviewed.

I had heard about this a couple of times and this was the first piece I found about it online...Jim Rome even mentioned it today on his how.

How bad of a person do you have to be to abuse a guy in a wheelchair who can't move? There was also talk of her leaving him out in the blistering sun without his battery for the chair.

Bitch

I know this will sound REAL cruel --- but, honestly, how is he not dead yet?

What he has, I believe, is a form of Lou Gehrig's Disease. People seldom survive 10 years with the disease (I don't think anybody does, as a general rule), yet he has. Eventually, it causes the entire nervous system to shut down.

I can't understand how he has survived with this horrendous disease (then again, Magic Johnson has yet to have serious health problems from being HIV positive and he's been that way for a little more than 10 years also).

And his wife, if true, is an evil little snot of whom no punishment could possibly be severe enough. Heck, why not trip the blind while you're at it?

-=Mike

What he has, I believe, is a form of Lou Gehrig's Disease. People seldom survive 10 years with the disease (I don't think anybody does, as a general rule), yet he has. Eventually, it causes the entire nervous system to shut down.

I can't understand how he has survived with this horrendous disease (then again, Magic Johnson has yet to have serious health problems from being HIV positive and he's been that way for a little more than 10 years also).

And his wife, if true, is an evil little snot of whom no punishment could possibly be severe enough. Heck, why not trip the blind while you're at it?

-=Mike

My uncle has had the same disease for a year longer and corresponds with Dr Hawking regularly. The story sucks if it's true.

Guest Cerebus

Bitch

-=Mike

Nope, according to the article, and his website, he has ALS and Motor Neurone Disease which according to The Motor Neurone Disease Association:

Motor Neurone Disease (MND) is the name given to a group of related diseases affecting the motor neurones in the brain and spinal cord. Motor neurones are the nerve cells along which the brain sends instructions, in the form of electrical impulses, to the muscles.

Degeneration of the motor neurones leads to weakness and wasting of muscles. This generally occurs in arms or legs initially, some groups of muscles being affected more than others. Some people may develop weakness and wasting in the muscles supplying the face and throat, causing problems with speech and difficulty chewing and swallowing.

MND does not affect touch, taste, sight, smell or hearing, nor directly bladder, bowel, or sexual function. In the vast majority of cases, the intellect remains unaffected.

The symptoms sound similar to cerebral palsy but as far as I can tell its not a lethal disease.

Also, you could probably work or be friends with someone who is HIV positive and never know unless he/she told you... until when AIDS develops. At that point, things get bad for the poor soul.

What he has, I believe, is a form of Lou Gehrig's Disease.

Nope, according to the article, and his website, he has ALS and Motor Neurone Disease

It's the same thing. Only 10% usually survive more than a decade.

Guest FrigidSoul

Actually last year on a TNT NBA broadcast Magic Johnson proclaimed that his HIV is gone or at least dormant to the point of where its slowly going away. He is the richest man with AIDS to my knowledge so he can afford all the drugs...he's basically a guinea pig and quite frankly they're making progress through him if what he says is true.

Guest MikeSC
My mistake, Mike is right ALS is the same as Lou Gherig's disease and apparently only 10% live longer than 10 years. (I was under the impression that ALS & Lou Gherig's are different but they aren't).

And, honestly, in the world of lethal diseases, that might be the worst one to get.

One day, you suddenly can't walk. No real warning, outside of growing weakness, but BAM, you're immobile. You might stumble some (I think I read that Gehrig retired because he was having problems walking properly).

Then you can't talk.

Then you can't move your arms.

It just slowly but surely stops you from doing anything you could do, eventually preventing respiration from occurring.

I think this and Alzheimer's would have to be just the two most tragic ways to go. Just to watch and feel yourself wasting away is a fate worse than death.

-=Mike