TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
JJMc

Mother. FUCKER.

1) My roommate's computer all of a sudden decides to stop connecting to aol after I installed an ethernet adapter. He went to dial up and it didn't work. There had previously been an LT Win modem in there that I put in a while back. I just installed it w/o any drivers and it worked fine for months. I uninstall it, plug it back in, and it dials, but always for one reason or another does not connect. So to test it, I install it into my computer (running XP Pro). Dials up, connects fine. He's running 2000 Pro. Could it be because XP auto installs the drivers? Do I need to download the drivers for it to work w/ 2000? And if so, why did it work before? I spent close to four hours today trying to fix this, and for the life of me, I can't figure it out.

2)I downloaded some George Carlin video on Kazaa and it won't play anything but the audio. All of those fucking "all codecs you'll ever need" things didn't do anything. Can anybody help?

Guest I'm That Damn Zzzzz

VideoLAN has it's own plugins for playing different movie formats, so it doesn't need any codecs to be installed.

GSpot can tell you what specific codec is needed. I'm guessing you have installed every codec in the pack you used. It likely contains several different versions of Divx, it can cause conflicts. Best to only install the codecs you absolutely need.