TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Highland

Brand split

First off this is not news nor a rumour, but only speculation on my part. Basically I am starting to think with the latest run of cross-brand rivalries which I am sure will grow in number over the course of the year does it signal the end of the brand-split by sometime in 2005, let's say at WMXXI?

Guest Loss

It won't and it shouldn't. If it wasn't for the brand extension, no one lower on the card than Christian would even be on TV right now, if even him. Plus, we've heard time and time again that Vince is committed to making it work.

Sadly, the best time to do this would have been when business was good though, since the main issue with the split is that they've stopped a few potential top matches from happening because the wrestlers aren't on the same show. It's a handcuff of sorts.

Guest Dynamite Kido

I highly doubt they are going to end the brand extention anytime soon. Vince seems to NEVER want to admit to being wrong, and if they ended the brand extention I feel that's what he would be doing. Also, they are trying to make Mania feel more special by doing cross show promotion.

hmm, I feel pretty much the same way, I was just entertaining the possibility that they were going to end it, but using WM as the big cross-brand ppv makes more sense. Thanks.

Guest drdrainoscott

Personally, I think the Brand Split is fine the way it is. I have become a Smackdown fan, and barely am interested in Raw. Now I know many fans feel the same way, but it has gotten to the point where I will only buy Smackdown PPV's and if a house show was running in my area, I have no interest in seeing a Raw show. I'm sure people feel the same way about Raw. So, in my opinion, the split has worked...

...just not at elevation of talent

personnally I like the extension. Before the extension I started to notice how WWE was giving the fans main event twice a week with just differant stips. This way at least it changes the pace a little bit.

Guest hunger4unger

It's never going to end. They make too much money on overseas tours (they tour twice as many times now due to the split) to even consider it. Extra house shows too. Factor that in with that they have a hell of a lot of talent signed to contracts; if they discontinued the split they would have to lose 30 or so workers.

Basically, the extension was a good idea, but the execution of it has been poor with the lack of elevation and serious pushing of talent (Paul London getting the shaft by being on Velocity and Benoit getting berated on Raw by HHH and HBK before the World Heavyweight title match).