TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Anglesault

Progress Report on Eddie vs. Angle so far.

It's more than half the material.

Uhm...So what?

So? It's not pathetically bad. You know more about the material rather than less.

I'm not saying 50% is GOOD. I'm just saying it just seems to have gotten a bad rap.

And oh yeah, Eddie vs. Angle......B- so far. But I'm not feeling the drug-addict angle. It was uncomfortable enough during the Eddie/Brock "feud", and now we're continuing it with this. I don't find it too entertaining, and I think this Eddie/Kurt feud could be built up so much better than that.

A particularly nice teacher would give have 90-99 as an A.

Yeah, that's the problem with American education. Teachers are too nice.

Someone, probably in the 70's, decided it was more important for us to help kids' self-esteem than to make them work hard and earn the grade.

This is the same system that makes us pass kids in grades K-8 if the parent says so.

On topic...um, how 'bout that Eddie?

Guest Anglesault
It's more than half the material.

Uhm...So what?

So? It's not pathetically bad. You know more about the material rather than less.

Well, yeah you know a little more than half of it. Yippee. People don't have to study to get a 60. Just show up and go from memory. Or make shit up. You'd get a sixty.

It's AWFUL.

Possibly end at JD?

If so, I'll be there. :D

IMO, I'm loving this feud. Granted, I HATED to see Kurt make a heel turn, but I guess it had to happen.

My reasons:

1.) First time these two have ever met on a PPV singles wise

2.) Its at WM 20

3.) Its for the title.

4.) Its gonna be a great match, IMO.

and finally

5.) I said it before and I'll say it again, this isn't a fucking comedy feud. This is booked to be SERIOUS. My main reason for the love of it.

Guest Anglesault
.) I said it before and I'll say it again, this isn't a fucking comedy feud. This is booked to be SERIOUS. My main reason for the love of it

Yeah. A seriously neutered heel.

And the feud should end at Mania. Give Eddie a long reign.

I enjoyed everything about last night's show involving Eddie and Kurt. I think that in this day in age, with Michael Powell, the FCC and Government all on this "bringing morality back to our country" kick, a character like Kurt's fits in nicely. It doesn't stretch too far from his previous characterizations and I thought it made for good television for Kurt to go out there, on the same day that Howard Stern's radio show was suspended from several markets, and tell us that we may hate him now but would thank him later for caring about our moral fibric. There was enough edge to his delivery where it didn't get to campy Right To Censor levels. He delivered a strong promo and so did Eddie.

People rag on bringing Eddie's past addictions into the picture but I think it adds a depth to his character and overall success story. My girlfriend couldn't understand why it was such a big deal when Eddie won the title and pretty much what I told her was that he battled personal demons, lost one of his better friends and tag team partner to drugs, was let go by WWE at one point and wrestling in front of 50 people until he cleaned up, became a ratings draw and won the championship. She understood then.

I loved Kurt's taunting of Eddie as the cops were taking Eddie out of the building. Kurt is far from playing a comedic heel here which is where I feared this would go initially. I like where the feud is headed and I think years from now when we look back at WM20, we will remember this feud/match in particular.

pnr1.gif

LISTEN TO THE PITTSBURGH MUSIC SCENE

Guest Anglesault
I loved Kurt's taunting of Eddie as the cops were taking Eddie out of the building. Kurt is far from playing a comedic heel

No, it's the cookie cutter coward heel.

To be fair, Kurt has almost always been a pussy heel. You of all people should know this.

Guest Anglesault

To be fair, Kurt has almost always been a pussy heel. You of all people should know this.

I'm sure you have some kind of point, but it eludes me.

How does building up Kurt as a badass heel and then neutering him and making him a pussy heel make a good feud?

Guest JMA
I enjoyed everything about last night's show involving Eddie and Kurt. I think that in this day in age, with Michael Powell, the FCC and Government all on this "bringing morality back to our country" kick, a character like Kurt's fits in nicely. It doesn't stretch too far from his previous characterizations and I thought it made for good television for Kurt to go out there, on the same day that Howard Stern's radio show was suspended from several markets, and tell us that we may hate him now but would thank him later for caring about our moral fibric. There was enough edge to his delivery where it didn't get to campy Right To Censor levels. He delivered a strong promo and so did Eddie.

People rag on bringing Eddie's past addictions into the picture but I think it adds a depth to his character and overall success story. My girlfriend couldn't understand why it was such a big deal when Eddie won the title and pretty much what I told her was that he battled personal demons, lost one of his better friends and tag team partner to drugs, was let go by WWE at one point and wrestling in front of 50 people until he cleaned up, became a ratings draw and won the championship. She understood then.

I loved Kurt's taunting of Eddie as the cops were taking Eddie out of the building. Kurt is far from playing a comedic heel here which is where I feared this would go initially. I like where the feud is headed and I think years from now when we look back at WM20, we will remember this feud/match in particular.

Well said. I too enjoy "Puritan Kurt." Now, if only they keep his character SOMEWHAT serious this time. I will say this, though: the look is his eyes was great. Very cold and intense.

Guest Anglesault

I like the idea of the Kurt character, but not if they're gonna make him a coward

Guest JMA
I like the idea of the Kurt character, but not if they're gonna make him a coward

They still have time to not establish him as one. Having him brutalize Eddie and powerbomb Mysterio was a good start.

Guest Anglesault

They still have time to not establish him as one. Having him brutalize Eddie and powerbomb Mysterio was a good start.

Oh, they absolutely have time to fix this. That's one of the first things I said in the SD! thread. They can undo this if Kurt is a madman for the next two weeks.

Having him brutalize Eddie and powerbomb Mysterio was a good start.

Yeah, but Pussy Kurt this week kind of canceled that out.

Guest JMA

To be fair, Eddie DID attack him out of nowhere. Not to mention he was in a blind rage.

Guest Anglesault

To be fair, Eddie DID attack him out of nowhere. Not to mention he was in a blind rage.

He was also hiding behind the cops, a fat, balding GM and a woman all night.

I like the idea of puritan Kurt because of the recent morality push in American society. One thing I would do is to build on Kurt's heel turn last week. They need to take a mid 90's Bob Backlund approach. Build up that Kurt snaped and that is why he brutally beat Eddie. Have it so that Kurt does promos of morality and values like he was doing on Smackdown but at certain times he will snap. Reinforce this by having Kurt wrestle Rey Mysterio. Towards the end of the match Kurt will snap and destroy Rey in the ring. The Smackdown before Wrestlemania, have an in ring confrontation between Kurt and Eddie. After Eddie cuts a promo enraging Kurt, he will once again snap after hearing the fans chant Eddy. Kurt will then take out Eddie leaving him in the middle of the ring again. Leading up to wrestlemania you have two sides of Kurt Angle. A moral family values Kurt and a demented Kurt that is damn near unstoppable.

Actually, I think Angle & Heyman actually did a great job of making me hate them. It's gotta be Heyman's influence on the Smackdown creative team, because their heel actions with them trying to make Eddie's life an absolute nightmare made me hope that Eddie figuratively KILLS THEM next week on Smackdown. I'm telling ya, Angle & Heyman are gonna be MONSTER over as heels by next week after what they did to Eddie.

Actually, I think Angle & Heyman actually did a great job of making me hate them. It's gotta be Heyman's influence on the Smackdown creative team, because their heel actions with them trying to make Eddie's life an absolute nightmare made me hope that Eddie figuratively KILLS THEM next week on Smackdown. I'm telling ya, Angle & Heyman are gonna be MONSTER over as heels by next week after what they did to Eddie.

I was thinking the same thing about this storyline being Heyman's influence. I was thinking it during the whole Eddie title lead-in but now with the Angle turn I'm thinking Heyman is working creative on this. There is too much intensity in this feud so far for it to be the typical creative team, in my opinion. I've read where Heyman has been writing his own promos, etc. so it's not too far fetched that he's moved on to writing this storyline leading into Mania.

Heyman and Angle are going to have mega heat next week. I didn't look at any of this as Angle being cowardly. I looked at it as Kurt playing psychological games with Eddie, taunting him and making him react in the "unprofessional" not worthy of being champion manner that Angle and Heyman are accussing him of.

pnr1.gif

LISTEN TO THE PITTSBURGH MUSIC SCENE

Yeah, I really hated Heyman last week when he was talking about Dawn getting pushed. He just kept screaming at Eddie and it made me want to punch the shit out of him. Either way, Kurt was fine. The only heel that doesn't have some pusiness(although Kurt really didn't have much to note of last week) is HHH.

Kurt needs to develop a southern accent for his character to really work. Or have his own personal moral advisor with a southern accent... it could be James E. Cornette :)

So, you've giving Vince the go-ahead to bring back Brother Love?

Someone needs to emphasize the the whole "Puritan Kurt" thing by making a photshop pic with him wearing one of those belt-buckle hats.

Guest Anglesault
Heyman and Angle are going to have mega heat next week. I didn't look at any of this as Angle being cowardly.

Well, except for that "hiding behind twelve people" thing.

It would be kind of funny if Kurt brought in CM Punk to help him out. Of course, this would never happen, but it is fun to imagine it.

And then Austin would pop in on Smackdown with the beer truck and hose CM down with Budweiser.

I would SO pay to watch that. Seriously.

Guest BionicRedneck

Not only that, but how many times to people get arrested these days? Nobody buys angles like that, it was totally worthless. A) It made no sense (Eddie had already been kicked out of the building, right?) and B) Angle looked like a cunt. So, yeah, thumbs down to that angle.

Guest TheZsaszHorsemen

I'm sure you have some kind of point, but it eludes me.

How does building up Kurt as a badass heel and then neutering him and making him a pussy heel make a good feud?

Because there's no such thing:

Badass Heel = De Facto Face

Even BROCK LESNAR is a jealous, psychotic, coward as a heel.