TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
justsoyouknow

Hilarious

Guest FrigidSoul

that can't possibly be a real children's show. If it is however then this explains why Chave is the way he is

Guest frowned

I read that it was just a one-off piss about that the cast etc filmed and was never meant to be shown on TV. I'd heard the audio like 4 years ago or something but didn't realise that the video was floating about now too.

That was great. I loved "Rainbow" as a kid and that was just so odd it was great. I remember seeing clips of that on a show called "TV Offal".

frowned is right about it being a piss take as Geoffrey himself explains:

"The VT department of each ITV company, every Christmas had a competition to enter all the outtakes from their particular companies programme out put, and see which ones were the funniest. But ours wasn’t an outtake, we specially did it. It was specially scripted and we did it and I never saw it! We did it and Thames won it, but what they actually won, I don’t know. But I never saw the video. I can’t remember much about it except for Zippy with a banana."

Credit: www.rainbow.web.com

So its on purpose? It's still hilarious!  :lol:

Don't get me wrong here I loved it. In fact there is another similar clip that was shown on "TV Offal". I did have the sound file for it but lost it. :(

Anyway, I was just confirming the fact is was a piss take, that's all!