TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
dubq

New Resident Evil 4 Screenshots

I forgot, what happened to the characters from part 1?

Jill stars in Resident Evil: Nemesis and Chris & Wesker are in Code Veronica.

[Edited for accuracy.]

Nemesis is RE 3. It's called Resident Evil 3: Nemesis. In Japan it's Biohazard 3: Last Escape.

RE3

Nemesis is RE 3. It's called Resident Evil 3: Nemesis. In Japan it's Biohazard 3: Last Escape.

RE3

Wierd! I have a used copy I picked up about a year and a half ago that just says "Resident Evil: Nemesis" - maybe I got a pirated version?

As long as Capcom gave me a game where you fuck up Umbrella once and for all I'm happy.

I used to think the same until i read this:

In the six years since Racoon City's destruction, the US government has managed to destroy the infamous Umbrella Corporation, and life has settled down… for a bit.

What a fucking copout.

As long as Capcom gave me a game where you fuck up Umbrella once and for all I'm happy.

I used to think the same until i read this:

In the six years since Racoon City's destruction, the US government has managed to destroy the infamous Umbrella Corporation, and life has settled down… for a bit.

What a fucking copout.

Yeah because they can never ever go back and make said game. Nope. :rolleyes:

I think the point is WHY do they need to keep ignoring the story people want for useless side games that all they manage to do is screw the mytho seven ways to Sunday.

After RE2, I was looking forward to stopping Umbrella and then suddenly all these useless side games spring up that I started to get really sick and tired of playing.

How many years has it been since RE2 now??

You end RE2 with a "it's up to us to stop Umbrella" and then suddenly you got nothing.

That's EXACTLY it. They've been building to this blow off with Umbrella since RE2. That's like 6 years ago. There's nothing wrong with a side story or a prequel in moderation. With RE it's just ridiculous. It's just been a nonstop stream of them since RE2. Now RE4 is finally coming and it looks to be just another side story.....

I guaruntee in RE4 Umbrella will end up being behind the crazy villagers and in the end Leon will swear that he's going after them...in other words the same ending they've used for every product since 2...

re4cube_031704_x15_1079603819.jpg

FUCKING A!!

Though, kind of disappointed about the "no zombies" thing - I'll still give the game a chance, though. Just because it's a new story, doesn't mean it'll be bad.

That's EXACTLY it. They've been building to this blow off with Umbrella since RE2. That's like 6 years ago. There's nothing wrong with a side story or a prequel in moderation. With RE it's just ridiculous. It's just been a nonstop stream of them since RE2. Now RE4 is finally coming and it looks to be just another side story.....

I wouldn't call RE:CV a side story, since it has Chris, Claire, Wesker, and probably the biggest and best story of them all. I've been waiting to see what happens to them since 2000. I could give a fuck about Leon or whatever happened before RE1 with Rebecca. Make RE:CV2 dammit.

I dunno. I'm kind of pumped for this game. I didn't really have much interest in Zero.....which is why I haven't played it......but this one looks exciting.

I dunno. I'm kind of pumped for this game. I didn't really have much interest in Zero.....which is why I haven't played it......but this one looks exciting.

0 was alright.. way too short, though, IMO...

Short? I thought it was one of the longer REs.

Short? I thought it was one of the longer REs.

Not by my count..

From GameSpot

Resident Evil 4 coming to PS2

Formerly GameCube-exclusive entry in Capcom's survival horror series will appear on PlayStation 2 in 2005.

Capcom announced today that the long-awaited follow-up to its popular survival horror franchise, which was originally scheduled to appear only on the GameCube console, is also headed to Sony's PlayStation 2.

The PS2 version of Resident Evil 4 is currently slated to be released at the end of 2005 in Japan, the US, and Europe. The GameCube version is still scheduled for a January 2005 release in the US and Japan, followed by a spring release in Europe.

In a statement released today, Capcom revealed that the decision to make Resident Evil 4 go cross-platform was based on requests from fans worldwide, in addition to market considerations and shareholder requests. The statement also made mention that each version of the game will be developed to take advantage of the strengths of its intended platform.

In September 2001, Capcom held a press conference in Tokyo to announce that the Resident Evil series would thereafter be released exclusively for the Nintendo GameCube. Capcom first produced a visually overhauled remake of the very first Resident Evil title, which was originally released for the PlayStation in the mid-'90s, and followed suit with a brand-new prequel called Resident Evil 0 and ports of Resident Evil 2, 3, and Code: Veronica.

However, as soon as the deal was cemented between Capcom and Nintendo, cracks started to appear. Early in 2002, Capcom announced that an online Resident Evil title, Resident Evil: Outbreak, was exclusively headed to the PlayStation 2. Later that year, the publisher seemed to reaffirm its relationship with Nintendo when it announced four more GameCube-exclusive games alongside Resident Evil 4. Then, one of them, Dead Phoenix, was canceled, and PS2 versions of two of the other games, Viewtiful Joe and Killer 7, were subsequently announced. Nevertheless, if Capcom sticks to the current release plan, Resident Evil 4 will remain exclusive to the GameCube hardware for roughly one year.

By Chris Kohler -- GameSpot

POSTED: 10/31/04 07:56 PM PST

YES! I can finally get rid of thos POS Gamecube!! :D

Guest Askewniverse

That's good news. I sold my GameCube not too long ago, because there were only two upcoming titles I was interested in. RE 4 was one of those titles, so now I don't really regret selling my GC.

But you still have to wait almost a year to play the game.

So HA.

Not to mention that the Gamecube version will be superior to the PS2 version since the game was developed for the Gamecube hardware and is getting ported to the PS2 (not the other way around for once..ha)

And so much for the great "Capcom 5 Gamecube Exclusive Games"..stupid Capcom.

Guest Askewniverse

So HA.

It doesn't really make a difference to me. I don't buy that many games (maybe one or two a year) and I probably wouldn't have bought RE 4 until next year anyway. There are several PS2 games that I haven't played yet which can hold me over until RE 4 is released.

So HA.

Like it even matters. I've already waited well over a year and a half for this version, what's one more?

Nintendo sent the new demo disc over to my work the other day and I got to try it out. Its insane when the villiangers all group up and attack the house your in. The chainsaw guy you can't kill with any of the weapons, I've handgunned him, i've shotgunned him, i've even tried blowing him up....TWICE! and I learned he isn't playing. I barely survived the level, I only had a handgun with 3 or 4 shots left and I got pinned into a corner with the villiangers all coming at me, except the chainsaw guy, I think I was able to ditch him, then off a sudden the bell at the church rang and they all went to church. Oh and the chainsaw guy will cut your head cleanly off.

So HA.

Like it even matters. I've already waited well over a year and a half for this version, what's one more?

Thats a long time to have to avoid spoilers..

It's easy when you don't live on the internet. ;)