TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Addy

Do you burn or buy music?

If I only like one song by a bunch of bands then I just make a giant mix cd with all of those songs on it.  Otherwise I usually buy them from the sto.

Only 17, damn the laws!, damn them I tell you!

Guest TheMikeSC

The only way that burning cds instead of buying them is a bad thing is if it's underground bands, bands that are on small labels or local bands since they are the bands that need your money more.

I say screw all the big name or big label bands and the big record labels. They don't need your money because if they did CDs as a whole would be cheaper. >>>

I can fully appreciate the sentiment. Record companies have, unquestionably, kept the prices of CD's far higher than they should be.

That being said, unless the artist says it's OK, then burning CD's is theft.

Just because the record companies are gouging you doesn't make the theft of art OK. In the end, without the big payoffs, there just isn't a huge incentive to even be a musician.

-=Mike

...Well, except for the groupies. That must be nice.

Guest redbaron51

I pay for the CD's that i support. (Heavy Metal and Classic Rock).

I rarely burn CD's unless its rare stuff, like covers, lives, rares, takes, remixes, etc.

Guest TheMikeSC

I pay for the CD's that i support. (Heavy Metal and Classic Rock).

I rarely burn CD's unless its rare stuff, like covers, lives, rares, takes, remixes, etc. >>>

Well, in that case, I don't think burning CD's is terribly bad. If it wasn't going to be released commercially, then it's hard to define it as theft.

-=Mike