TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  

Andrew w.k.

You've gotta love the song. Party Hard, it just says it all. Gotta love the CD cover. He smashed his face on a brick for that picture. The clips of his shows I've seen are sick. The video for Party Hard shows a little bit of his nuttyness. In a recent MTV2 interview, he was sitting at a piano and all of a sudden he starts throwing stuff around and banging his head. He was great hosting the controversial video show. He was great on Opie & Anthony the other day.

What do you guys think of AWK? I plan to get the CD ("I Get Wet") on the weekend.

Guest treble charged

Well, from the two singles I've heard from him (Party Hard and She is Beautiful), they sound basically the same.  Also, from eating dog food on MuchMusic and dancing around like a madman on MuchOnDemand, I'd say the guy is pretty fucked in the head.

Guest Kinetic

Or just really desperate for attention.  Seeing as how Rock hosted that episode, I assume a lot of you saw him on SNL.  Is it just me or did he royally suck ass?

Guest treble charged

I forgot to mention him taping a segment for "Ed's Big Wham Bam", where he kept screwing up easy lines.  I really didn't even watch him on SNL, as I just had the TV on in the background for most of the night.

Guest razazteca

Andrew WK sounds like the evil spawn of New Wave and Glam, and his look is a 2nd rate Kid Rock trailer park trash.  I saw him on SNL and notice how different he sounds live.

The clips of his shows I've seen are sick.

What happened?

I doubt he really smashed his face with a break. The guy is okay but hes trying too hard for attention. What does the WK mean anyway?

That controversial video show? I thought that was a special on regular MTV. Whats it called? And what happened with him on O and A?

Guest TUS_02

The WK part is his last name...it escapes me at the moment, but its hyphenated.  

But he seems to just have fun with music, which is a good change from this current music.

Guest KANE

He didn't smash his face with a brick, although he had his band members punch him in the nose to try and get a nosebleed started.  It failed, so they just used pig's blood.

Guest Mystery Eskimo

He is an idiot, but hey, so are most musicians.

*Alledgedly*, WK stands for white-killer.

I heard his full name used, and W.K. is it.

Anyway, who doesn't love a "proffessional idiot?" (I personally worship Tom Green...)

Guest redbaron51

Well I think this guy is trying to represent hair bands in the new millenium

Guest Kinetic
Well I think this guy is trying to represent hair bands in the new millenium

Do you support this project? ::readies noose::

He is an idiot, but hey, so are most musicians.

*Alledgedly*, WK stands for white-killer.

Allegedly is the key word. That guy is a dumbass.

Guest saturnmark4life

The guy is a fricking genius. He's not the saviour of rock n roll, he's not a flagship for hair metal, he's ANDREW WK. The WK stands for Wilkes-Krier, or as he says, 'Who Knows.' Do you know? I personally love the CD all the way through, it's just harmless happy jumping maniacal fun.