TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Slingshot Suplex

3/27 House Show Report

The Show-Me Center's capacity shows 7,600 people. I would assume that doesn't include floor seating so I guess we can round it off to 8,000. Looking around the building,I would say it was 80-90% full. And I was 2nd row ringside for the action.

Coach comes out at the beginning and says since it was first time WWE has been to Cape in 3 years, they wanted to do something special. So,he got together with Eric Bischoff and set up the main event for the evening. Chris Benoit would be defending his World title against HHH.

First match: Matt Hardy V1 comes out to a damn massive pop and offers a "double dose of Mattitude" to any of the ex-Smackdown superstars that are new to RAW. Tajiri answers the challenge. Good opening match. Tajiri wins after grabbing the ropes on a failed outside-in sunset flip by Matt.

Garrison Cade vs Eugene......don't know who this Eugene guy is but he was amusing in a goofy Spike Dudley/ECWish way but a bigger build. Cade won with a top rope elbowdrop.

Rob Conway vs Chuck Palumbo.... Palumbo looks a little similar to Batista to me. Conway got his French heat but the former Billy buddy gets the win with a fallaway slam.

Shelton Benjamin vs Horseshoe.....Benjamin kept punking out Coach (who was ring announcer for the night.) The match itself was ok I guess. Benjamin won with a superkick. And I thought Coach announced Horseshoe as "Foreskin" over the PA.

Rhyno vs Kane.....probably should have been better. Maybe would have been better with more time ...seemed kinda short. Kane wins with chokeslam.

Coach interviews Chris Benoit and tells him HHH is going to take back his title tonight. Benoit responds with a crossface. As Coach is being attended to, an official announces " Coach says there will be a brief 10 minute intermission....*pause*...maybe fifteen"

The show really picked up from intermission on. Molly and Jazz vs Nidia and Victoria. Too short a match.Molly is wearing a wig like her recently lost hair with a chin strap. Nidia spent all the time in the ring till Victoria got the hot tag. I believe Molly went for a leap frog over Victoria.....Vic stops short,rips off Molly's wig into the air and the now bald and distracted Molly is easy prey for the Widow's Peak. Things I noticed....

1) Molly looks bigger on tv or they pad her up because she certainly didn't look any bigger than Nidia in terms of overall frame.

2) It was a race to see if they could end the match before Nidia or Molly fell out of their top. Nidia espcially seemed dangerously close a couple times. Not that all I was watching were boobs. It was just kinda obvious.

3) Victoria is hellaciously hot in person.

Next match...Hurricane vs Batista. Batista mostly dominates as one would expect. He is a big muthafucka up close. Wins with a sick looking powerbomb. Goes for a postmatch powerbomb and our Super Hero In Training comes in for an attempted save and gets a spinebuster instead.

Christian w/Trish vs Chris Jericho. They announce Jericho as "now residing in Tampa,Fla"......what are they doing migrating the Canadian wrestlers to the South now like mallards? Very exciting match.....Jericho had Christian in the Walls prompting Trish to interfere. She runs right into a Walls herself. Christian with a rollup from behind snags the three count. Post match...Y2J spanks Trish a couple times. And spouts that horrible "Evvvver" catch phrase he says when he's a face.

Main event time. Chris Benoit vs HHH. Benoit, at least to my disappointment, doesn't really get the pop I had hoped he'd get. In fact,there were quite a few pro-HHH chants. But then again,there were at least 5 seperate chants of "You tapped out" at HHH as well. Another really good match. End comes when Batista gets on the apron while Benoit has HHH in the crossface. Benoit releases the hold to go after him. HHH gets the title belt but Benoit kicks him before he can hit him with it. Chris grabs the belt and knocks Batista off the apron. Benoit turns around and walks into an attempted pedigree. Benoit counters the move and traps HHH in the Crippler crossface for the second time. This time HHH taps out.

A pretty good show......a little too hoss heavy pre-intermission but the 2nd half more than made up for it. The bastards wouldn't let me bring my camera in though because they claimed the lens was too "professional" size. I had 5 rolls of available film and I would have had some damn good stuff from 2nd row. In almost 20 years of going to matches,I have never been not allowed to bring my camera in for professional wrestling. Pretty much my only real true bitterness from the show. That and I didn't get any autographs.

So Matt's a face now?

They announce Jericho as "now residing in Tampa,Fla

Interesting.

Benoit turns around and walks into an attempted pedigree. Benoit counters the move and traps HHH in the Crippler crossface for the second time. This time HHH taps out.

Good to hear HHH putting Benoit over some more.