TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  

Black vatican conspicary

This is a poem against the Catholic Church. I'am not insulting ordinary Catholics in theirbelief in God just the ignorant and malign Catholic Church.  

Black Vatican Conspiracy

The Pope is burning condoms

Africa is dying of Aids

The Pope is preaching to the dying

That they’ve been naughty

They’re castigating gays

Loose words Egging on Nazi’s.

The Catholic Church is keeping Ulster segregated

The Patron of the Spanish Inquisition is about to be sainted.

The needy are unclean

The Pope’s dogma is all their need.

Aid is signed with Faustian writs.

Those who care Are Marxists!

Oppose communism!

Appease Fascism!

March with Solidarity

Down with the world Jewry!

Holy Crusaders

Bigoted Poles

Baring their lying scythe

Charging their “Holy” Tithe.

Empty masses,

Still worth millions.  

Heretics, Unbelievers, Infidels

All baying at their Citadels!

Blow back at Imperialist America

On the 11th of September.

Meanwhile the Pope is sipping tea with the Emperor

Demanding a ransom to anoint him Holy Preach

Ancient Greece saw Faith as a Vice

Man was celebrated by the Renaissance

Medieval Man saw God as whole.

It’s time we saw them for what they truly are.

Jesus preached forgiveness. Jesus preached tolerance.

A message long consigned to silence.

By a conspiracy

Born at the heart of Roman barbarity.

Love your God if you want!

But burn their Church!

Do it Now and FOREVER!

Amen!

All feedback on style and Opinions appericated

Lots of Love

Will

xxx

Re Some Guy: I am indeed from sunny (ha!) old (you bet) England, Leicstershire to be exact.

Don't think me to be rude but why do you want to know?

Lots of Love

Will

xxxx

Guest Some Guy

FOr someone who lives in one of the most imperialst countries in the history of the world, you sure critisize America for it's meager imperialistic endeavors.  Meager by comparison to England and many other European ciountries for that matter.  Why don't you stop ripping America and start placing some of the blame of the world's problems on England?  The problems in India and Pakistan, Israel and Palestine, South Africa, etc.. can all be traced back to British imperialism, not American.

America is the least imperialist power in history. This is all the more remarkable because it's also the most powerful nation (in both relative and objective terms) in history. Never before has any one nation had such unquestioned power to enforce its will on the entire world - to conquer, to pillage, to destroy; to take whatever it wants and burn the rest. But we do not. In the main, we choose to lead by example.

I'm sure this makes the Europeans absolutely livid with envy and guilt.

Guest Dr. Wrestlingphysics

Wait a minute, which country forced the division of Vietnam?

And when the national Vietnamese consensus (rightly or wrongly) was a united Vietnam under Northern rule which country decided to prop up the US puppet government in the South?

Which country has been imposing their will over Central America and propping up dictatorships all over the world since the second world war?

Well, let's see. How many colonies do we have? How much tribute do we exact from Kuwait for saving them from the Iraqis? How much from the Bosnians? What did Europe tithe to us for keeping the Soviet Union in check for decades?

America has made many mistakes and caused much suffering, yes. You can always point to individual incidents in individual countries, proxy wars, and miserable dictatorships, and say, "That, right there, is America's fault." And you could well be right. Nevertheless, as I said, by and large we do not impose our power on others. Certainly not to even a fraction of the degree to which we could. Certainly not in the way that many other countries have, from positions of far less strength.

And, incidentally, if you want to see what the world would have been like if we'd lost the Cold War (which was one of the major reasons for propping up unsavoury people around the world) you need look no further than North Korea.

Guest Dr. Wrestlingphysics

Playing Devil's advocate, (and I don't mean that pinball game from the Simpsons), it could be argued that rather than invading areas, killing the local leaders and setting up colonial governments, the US invaded areas, killed the local leaders and set up States affiliated to a federal government.

Remembering that I'm playing devil's advocate, The former UK/German/French colonies have been granted independence and the local population now controls those countries and the former colonial masters have realised past errors by not pretending to rule the world anymore, whereas America has no intention to return land to the Native Americans, indeed the massacre of "Indians" was so thorough that there aren't enough left to rule over their own country, and America thinks that being the richest country makes it able to tell the UN and the rest of the world what to do.

I can't support the treatment of the native Americans in any way, so you've got me there. <g> But returning their land to them was never feasible. I think their sovereignty over the reservations is a good idea, but more certainly needs to be done; in the same way that the colonial powers eventually returned their acquisitions, America is moving towards justice for the native Americans: witness the recent lawsuit that should, hopefully, correct decades of trust fund mismanagement.

Still, choosing the UN as a starting point, even to play devil's advocate, is not a very good idea. The UN has never been concerned with making substantive or technically sound decisions. It's a political tool. It always has been. They kicked us off the Human Rights Council, for chrissakes. Just look at the list Mike posted of the countries that are still on it. It's ludicrous.

The plain fact is that America works. Whatever our past errors, whatever questionable policy decisions we make even now, America is a fundamentally good country. Why shouldn't we tell the Saudis that their treatment of women is vile and contemptible? Why shouldn't we impose sanctions on those who wage war on their neighbours? Why shouldn't we wage war in turn on those who attempt to commit genocide, or those who murder our innocent civilians? Not all values are relative. Our cultural values, our systems of government, and our democratic instutions are better than any other extant. We have our faults, yes; but over time, we try to correct them. And we usually succeed.

Guest cobainwasmurdered
America is the least imperialist power in history.

Bull SHIT.

What an incredibly convincing argument. Are you naturally this eloquent or did you have to study?

Guest cobainwasmurdered

I'm tired, slighty drunk, and I know I can't change anyone's opinion of their country so I didn't try for a convincing arguement.

I'll come back tomorrow when I'm not drunk to list off a bunch of reasons to suppport my position, which you then can all ignore.

Guest fk teale

I like your poem very much!  I believe this experience of life to be a creative evolving, within the creative evolving of the whole.  Your poem will reflect in many the definition to becoming aware of this inherent creativity, and our inherent part in defining and shaping the whole.  

Do you have a personal website?  I think that would be an excellent venue for publishing more of your poetry.  Which I would like to see!

!

Guest TheMikeSC

America is the least imperialist power in history.

Bull SHIT. >>>

Well, if one ignores that we could conquer any country on the face of the Earth within a month if we decided to do so---but DON'T do so---it's not quite BS.

After all, if we wanted to, say, annex Canada---could ANYBODY stop us?

-=Mike

Guest Mystery Eskimo

Y'know Mr Cooling, your poetry would probably be less damn awful if you read some proper poets, and got some influences.

Just a thought.

Guest Risk

Cooling isn't big on freedom of opinion, check out some of his posts.

Guest Risk

Being Native American, I kinda have a BIG vendetta against the Catholic Church and am VERY biased towards them but...it was more the "Church" and not indivual Europeans who systematically tried to conquer the planet.  To sound bitter and not PC, I hope this scandal really fucks up the "Church."