TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Corey_Lazarus

Lazarush update - X-Cup 3

Good review, Laz. "1. XXX vs. Jerry Lynn/Amazing Red vs. Jason Cross/Shark Boy vs. Chris Sabin/Jonny Storm". What week was this? I vaguely remember it.

Good review, Laz. "1. XXX vs. Jerry Lynn/Amazing Red vs. Jason Cross/Shark Boy vs. Chris Sabin/Jonny Storm". What week was this? I vaguely remember it.

I don't remember the date but I do have the match.

It was the main event on the 4/9/03 show.

I agree with your philosophy of negative star ratings. I think they are truly rediculous, and I hate it when I see other critics handing out ratings like "-****." To me, it really takes away credibility.

As for the X Cup itself, this was the worst one thus far. However, I didn't fully hate it and something about TNA brings out my inner mark, so I tend to be easier on the shows. I hated the first two singles matches, but I thought the second two were decent. I enjoyed both tag matches and I thought the 8-man elimination match had a good ending. As for the tag title matches, I guess I enjoyed it more than most people did (I didn't think Dallas was too bad at all), and I would have given it an additional star.

Good review this week though!!

Guest RickyB

That was such a bad choice of British Wrestlers to bring in for the tournament, seriously. They took Wrestlers from All-Star, who have a bunch of good workers, but that's a bad choice of guys to bring in... the workers styles just didn't fit with the Mexican guys.

They could have brought in Five Star Flash from All-Star (5* Mark Belton in FWA), since he's the only guy I know from All-Star who works a fast-paced style that could suit working against Mexican guys. But to be honest All-Star isn't the place for TNA to go for one of those tournaments. All-Star's style is very slow-paced and most of their workers are suited to working in small local shows. Why didn't they bring in guys like Robbie Brookside, Doug Williams or Jonny Storm (who's been to TNA before). I mean, jesus, I know guys who Wrestle at 3CW, WZW or IWF (my local promotions) who are also up here who would be better choices for that tournament. Pac from IWF, Stevie Lynn, Carbon and Spitfire Tony Warrior from WZW, Ice XVII, Lance Thunder & Dave Styles from 3CW who would be much better choices for that tournament than the ones they chosen. That is a TOTALLY bad representation of British Wrestling in my opinion... I mean seriously, why didn't they go to the FWA for the Wrestlers on that tournament, because All-Star, though being a excellent promotion, is NOT the place to go for Wrestlers to bring into that kind of tournament... their style just doesn't click.. it's very very old British style Wrestling which doesn't suit that kind of tournament. Fucking hell am I dissapointed in the choices of NWA TNA.

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes

What's all the hate for Abismo Negro? Sure he looks like an evil Power Ranger dude, but he's not that bad, and has improved from the first X-Cup where he was just bleh.

Otherwise, I'll have to agree on the choice for TEAM UK. Xtreme Dean looks like a guy who wrestles in front of 25 people a night for $5, Sloan has no body..AT ALL but at least can do mat wrestling. Mason looks like my uncle....bald and out of shape. And Dynaite is the only guy who looked like something special with the stocky build.

Too bad TNA doesn't do a All Mexico version. I wouldn't mind seeing 4 other luchas in for a special tournament of Mexico vs. Mexico.

Guest Dynamite Kido
What's all the hate for Abismo Negro? Sure he looks like an evil Power Ranger dude, but he's not that bad, and has improved from the first X-Cup where he was just bleh.

AN still sucks. BAD. He doesn't hit ANYTHING totally clean and I haven't seen him work well with anyone in a singles match. I admit that he is tolerable in a 6 or 8 man tag match, but otherwise he sucks.......

Guest Salacious Crumb
What's all the hate for Abismo Negro? Sure he looks like an evil Power Ranger dude, but he's not that bad, and has improved  from the first X-Cup where he was just bleh.

AN still sucks. BAD. He doesn't hit ANYTHING totally clean and I haven't seen him work well with anyone in a singles match. I admit that he is tolerable in a 6 or 8 man tag match, but otherwise he sucks.......

I totally agree. I've never seen the guy do anything worth while when he's not seeing limited ring time.

I'm not a big fan of Heavy Metal either.

Guest RickyB

It just annoys the hell out of me that there are a hell of a lot of great Wrestlers over here, but for some reason they went with the Butlins tour All-Star Wrestlers.

If it was me I would have gone with: Doug Williams, Robbie Brookside, Jonny Storm & Five Star Flash.

Williams because he's just incredible, one of the best Wrestlers in the World. Robbie Brookside because he's got the expriance of Wrestling on TV in the past (old British Wrestling and WCW for a short time in the Mid-90's) and he's a good Wrestler, Jonny Storm because he's been on TNA in the past and he's a good high flyer who Wrestles a style that could fit with the Lucha style and Five Star Flash because he's a young talent who also has a good high flying style that could fit with the mexicans.

Something tells me they didn't want to spend too much money on the British Wrestlers from their final choice. Plus I don't think they'd ever seen the guys they brought over before. I've already posted a number of local Wrestlers that would have been better for TNA to bring in than their final choices.

Although I am happy for the All-Star guys they actually got a chance to get a shot at Wrestling in the USA on TV since it's hard to get a break like that usually. And they are very hard working from what i've heard.. I just think NWA TNA made a big mistake on the choices they made for Wrestlers to bring in.