TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest KJ Brackish

WWE Smackdown 6: Smackdown vs Raw

Guest KJ Brackish

Well, it seems that this game is geared more toward online playability (using HDD usage) and I'm stoked for that. I got this name from THQ personally, as I've been re-hired at Game Crazy here in Colo. Springs, CO, and the name is tenatively Smackdown vs Raw. This is a definate change from their regular Smackdown: "INSERT SAYING HERE" pattern. The release date is set to 11/01/04, which means it will be released the week of the 15th of Nov. (as the past Smackdown games have been released).

KJ

Guest Choken One

mmm...Interesting but shouldn't it be a SEPERATE GAME.

Because Smackdon Vs Raw on a SMACKDOWN Series is just retarded.

I say just use either

SMACKDOWN: LIE. CHEAT. STEAL.

SMACKDOWN: WORD LIFE

SMACKDOWN: YO YO YO YO YO MAKE SOME NOOOISE

Guest KJ Brackish

I figured they would have went with Smackdown: Word Life, but when I saw the new Smackdown title in our books, I was wiggin out. They completely shattered the little pattern that they had going on. The folowing is the list of upcoming wrestling games and their consoles:

Gamecube: WWE Something or the Other (I didn't bother to care what the title was, even though I own a cube)

PS2: WWE Smackdown vs Raw

Xbox: WWE WrestleMania XX (Ironic eh....brought it from the Gamecube over to the Xbox.... lets see if they can't destroy this game too.)

I'm excited for all these games but this new Harry Potter and The Prisioner of Azkaban looks pretty friggin kool too. Release date = 06/05/04

KJ

I figured they would have went with Smackdown: Word Life, but when I saw the new Smackdown title in our books, I was wiggin out. They completely shattered the little pattern that they had going on. The folowing is the list of upcoming wrestling games and their consoles:

Gamecube: WWE Something or the Other (I didn't bother to care what the title was, even though I own a cube)

PS2: WWE Smackdown vs Raw

Xbox: WWE WrestleMania XX (Ironic eh....brought it from the Gamecube over to the Xbox.... lets see if they can't destroy this game too.)

I'm excited for all these games but this new Harry Potter and The Prisioner of Azkaban looks pretty friggin kool too. Release date = 06/05/04

KJ

Gamecube : WWE DAY OF RECKONING!!!!!!!

Guest Coffey

I hope the get rid of all the button mashing that the new submission system brought forth. Get rid of the stupid women shit too. No one wants to play the Bra & Panties match with Stacy & Torrie. It adds nothing to the game.

I hope the get rid of all the button mashing that the new submission system brought forth. Get rid of the stupid women shit too. No one wants to play the Bra & Panties match with Stacy & Torrie. It adds nothing to the game.

Button Mashing? I like the Tug of War system. I always hate games where you would just give up without putting up a fight. This game let's you put up a fight before you lose.

I hope ALL Submission moves go into that list. And I hope the graphics and game impove alot.

Good ideas that should be in it:

1: Body damage should make it so that you can't do some moves or some moves won't hardly do anything. Instead of the Test selling we got in the last one(Do a move perfectly normal, sell the ribs, do another move perfectly normal)

2: Make it a strong grapple, weak grapple system. Make it two buttons like No Mercy, this way it makes sense that a Quick Grapple and a simple Superkick isn't as strong as Power Grapple Powerbomb.

3: Take the CAW system from WMXIX and add into the game. But give it the texture level of SD5. But put real wrestling outfits, not every shirt needs to look like Hawaii 50.

4: Make it so your CAW isn't a weak bitch that takes two seasons to get to the level of Rico. That is stupid. Having low superstar points is ok and understandable. But not having low ratings for everything. It is stupid and takes the joyment out of it.

5: Keep everything in the game to make an Austin, Goldberg, Brock, Hogan, Hall, Nash, and a bunch of other major wrestlers from the last 10 years. Plus outfits for major tag teams too.

I can't stress this enough: I know it's cosmetic and tiny, but defending title belts in exhibition mode should be included. There's no reason why it shouldn't have been in the first place. Even if it does fuck with the standings in season mode.

And add an ability to change the costumes of existing wrestlers. Revenge had it, so I know they can do it. The PS2 should have enough power, when you combine it with the HDD, to pull it off.

And while we're discussing Revenge, why can't we change wrestlers names? One of my fondest memories is going into the system, and changing Stevie Ray's name to "Stevie Gay".

Guest JacK

Nah, the submission thing was good in theory, but in a match with more than a couple of submission holds . . . it's freakin painful.

And it sucked ass in the last one how the game was so biased towards strength or power or whatever it was.

They should have a new feature: Create your own finisher

And then with attribute points you get from whatever you win in the season or so forth, you can apply to the finisher to make it devastating. Just an idea.

4: Make it so your CAW isn't a weak bitch that takes two seasons to get to the level of Rico. That is stupid. Having low superstar points is ok and understandable. But not having low ratings for everything. It is stupid and takes the joyment out of it.

It only takes a season to get a CAW up to 80s overall, unless you're losing every match or something.

I like the submission meter, but its impossible to get a tap out from it on Smackdown level.

I know what this new Smackdown game needs

A gun, for when you get frustrated, or your opponant gets cheesy.

Anyone who has ever played General Chaos knows what I mean.

Guest Coffey
...its impossible to get a tap out from [the computer] on Smackdown [difficulty].

Exactly, and humans are the same way too. If you play with Chris Benoit for example and you put your finisher on twice, you won't want to put it on a third time simply because your hands will be tired and you won't want to button mash again.

The "tug-of-war" system, as it was dubbed earlier, it horseshit. They could come up with something better than that.

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes

It only takes a season to get a CAW up to 80s overall, unless you're losing every match or something.

I like the submission meter, but its impossible to get a tap out from it on Smackdown level.

It took me 2 full seasons to get my Steve Williams CAW from 39 to 81. And my overall record was like 79-3. I was World Champion for the whole second season, and held every other available title on Smackdown except CW.

So the "losing all the time" theory doesn't cut it. Now I cna just copy this CAW, and every one after will start at 81 at least.

Guest JumpinJackFlash
Get rid of the stupid women shit too. No one wants to play the Bra & Panties match with Stacy & Torrie. It adds nothing to the game.

You haven't tried out this funny glitch then, have you? Give one of the women the People's Elbow finisher, and use her in a Bra and Panties match. When you do the move, you'll be laughing in confusion....if you can do that.

There's a button mashing submissions for Smackdown?

Guest Coffey

I don't really know how the on-line play will work out. Seems like lag could be an issue...even with everyone having broadband. Not only that, but whenever someone is in a losing situation, they'll just quit and you won't get the win.

I don't really know how the on-line play will work out. Seems like lag could be an issue...even with everyone having broadband. Not only that, but whenever someone is in a losing situation, they'll just quit and you won't get the win.

That would turn out to be severly annoying..

Get rid of the stupid women shit too. No one wants to play the Bra & Panties match with Stacy & Torrie. It adds nothing to the game.

You haven't tried out this funny glitch then, have you? Give one of the women the People's Elbow finisher, and use her in a Bra and Panties match. When you do the move, you'll be laughing in confusion....if you can do that.

I can visualise what happens, but what does, anything?

Well, I would assume that no CAWs would be able to be loaded while in the Smackdown! universe, because I could see the lag issues there being huge.

There would have to be a huge incentive not to abort...like when you do it in SOCOM II you take a hit to your ranking. That would mean they would have to implement a ranking system for Smackdown! Like, when you're a noob you can only play in the Velocity rooms until you work up to the RAW rooms, etc.

Guest JacK

Online would be cool . . . running in into other people's online match's would be hilariously fun, but I don't think they'll have that feature in :( . Though I would assume the normal superstar points would be used, otherwise you could bodgy it up summin severe to get a mega-cheaty advantage.

But is it gunna be online though? And does Raw vs Smackdown mean Season mode is going to be ineptly stupid and annoying like SM4 . . . I mean it was Flair v McMahon season mode, not whoever the hell you picked as your character.

And does Raw vs Smackdown mean Season mode is going to be ineptly stupid and annoying like SM4 . . . I mean it was Flair v McMahon season mode, not whoever the hell you picked as your character.

I hope not. I hated getting my wrestler drafted from the original show to the other show in July or August all of a sudden.

All that junk Coffey mentioned is a concern in any online game though. It happens. We can only hope Yukes gets it somewhere in the realm of decent which, not to be negative, I doubt they will. It took them years to get in a proper damage and submission system, first done on the N64 for crying out loud, so how do you think they'll do a genre first properly.

And count me in as another who hates the SD 'superstar points' system. I know it's old hat to whine about missing the AKI way of doing things, but I wish they'd just bring back the WM 2000/No Mercy system. The SD way of doing things is fucking tedious, especially when you have the intention of making multiple CAWs. Even if going with the clone prodedure of building a 'base' CAW with unspent points and cloning from him, it's still grating. I want the season to be used for storylines and the thrill of unlocking shit, not the uncalled for frustration in spending 1-2 years building a CAW to even make him presentable.

And get rid of the unneeded CAW attire process as well. I see no fucking reason why shirts already in the game on existing wrestlers can't be available right off the bat for CAWs, or at least the logos for them. Pattern this, shape that, letter this, layer that just to get a fucking Dudleys shirt for a Spike CAW, since apparently the stupid game doesn't have available the shirt Bubba and D-Von wear. Fuck you, Yukes.

/rant