TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest bps "The Truth" 21

Most undeserving of there place on the card

37 members have voted

1. 1. Most undeserving of there place on the card

• HHH (Main Eventer)
    • RVD (curtain jerking - midcard tag teaming)
    • Edge (upper mid card)
    • Funaki (Jakked)
    • Test (Employed)
    • Spike Dudley (Tag Team Champion)
    • Maven (more air time than RVD & Christian combined)
    • Billy Gunn (Inevitable Tag Team push...again)
    • Lance Storm (Jobber)
    • Big Boss Man (All over the place)

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

Ten spots just isn't enough...

Who is the most undeserving of their place on the card?

Is Edge too high?

Is Storm too low?

Guest Brooding Genius

I went with Maven.

And I still don't understand everyone's problem with Test.

Guest Tony149

Pollamania is running wild. Anyways, I voted for RVD. I think Edge is a little too high, when RVD is probably more over than him.

Guest MarvinisaLunatic

RVD, obviously.

I think we need to go back to the Poll Folder format, since all these polls are sort of you know, overdoing it a bit.

Guest Cataclysm911

I voted for Edge, because in my eyes he should be main-event.

I'm an Edge "mark."

:)

Guest RickyChosyu

Well, RVD has generally been booked at the same levle as Edge, as of late, and I think there are worse crimes going on. Storm is way under-rated and can easilly work any style. It's rediculous that he isn't being booked higher.

Guest Hogan Made Wrestling

RVD, there's no way he should have made it as far up the card as he did. The WWF should bring in Mary Lou Retton as his tag team partner.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

RVD, there's no way he should have made it as far up the card as he did. The WWF should bring in Mary Lou Retton as his tag team partner.

This coming from a Hogan guy?

I like the fact that there are wrestlers who can do more than just stand there and punch.

Even with his limited "wrestling" skills...RVD still busts out more "Wrestling holds" in one match than Hogan has in his career.

Guest Hogan Made Wrestling

Hogan's AWA matches with Bockwinkle and others feature much better technical wrestling skills than what RVD has shown. All RVD does is a bunch of disjointed gymnastics spots along with the worst puches in the business and some X-Pac level kicks.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

Those aren't weak punches.

They are weak forearms.

Get it straight.

Guest RickyChosyu
Hogan's AWA matches with Bockwinkle and others feature much better technical wrestling skills than what RVD has shown. All RVD does is a bunch of disjointed gymnastics spots along with the worst puches in the business and some X-Pac level kicks.

To his credit, RVD has vastly improved as a wrestler and is now fully able to hit his spots at the right time and pace his matches accordingly. His ability to piece together a cohesive match has greatly improved and despite some of his lingering flaws (overselling moves, working a little too loose, *really* bad brawling, ect.) he is quite good now and deserves credit for addapting well to the WWF style.

And saying any match from the '80's has better "technical wrestling" than any RVD match is a rather loaded statement, considering that any Bockwinkle match would obviously be more "technical" than any match RVD could have. It's a diferent time period with diferent styles and a diferent way of entertaining the crowds. I haven't seen much of Hogan's early stuff (nor do I want to) but I do know that the man always fell back on his ability to work the crowd with his cartoonish come-backs and wacky charisma more than actually wrestling, and despite that it was the early '80's, I doubt any of his pre-WWF stuff was any different.

Guest Tony149

Hogan wasn't that bad of a wrestler back in the day. Well, he was bad, but not bad, bad, like today. Once he became a star, then it changed. It's like he woke up one day and said "You know something brother? Now that this "Hulkamania" stuff has taken off, dude! I don't have to try to wrestling anymore, man." He seems to try harder when he's wrestling in Japan, though.

Guest Tiger Suplex 85
...along with the worst puches in the business and some X-Pac level kicks.

Worse punches that Hulk "Hey, look how fake this looks" Hogan?

Worse kicks than Hulk "Big Boot of non-connecting pain" Hogan?

I don't think so.

Guest Kahran Ramsus

Christian should be at the level Edge is, yet he always jobs and is lucky to even make it on RAW or Smackdown these days.

Guest Brian

Hogan had some really good stuff going in the AWA. Really good.

Anyways, where's Booker T on that poll?

Guest Kahran Ramsus

Booker is in the proper place on the card.  His problem is that he gets beat by everybody on the same level as him.

Guest Dick Hertz

rvd WILL be the next breakout star, especially if he gets any kind of mic time. As of right now he's only been in the WWF for less than a year so I'd say he's probably right about where he should be. I just wish theyd let him be a little more hardcore because u know thats what everyone wants to see.

Guest Canadian Gangsta

LOL!  ROFL!  HAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!  Ah, its good to see more people not liking RVD.

Guest Big Poppa Popick

RVD is breaking out

Maven is breaking out

Christian will go psycho and break out

Edge will break out

Bossman stinks

Guest Dark Lotus

If I can be serious for a moment... Lance Storm is GROSSLY wasted, IMO.  He's technically at least on a level with Benoit, Jericho, or RVD.

I've never understood why the Impact Players weren't reunited for more than just a one-night stand during the Invasion angle, unless there are some personal issues between Lance and Justin we don't know about, kind of like between Saturn and Kronos.

Guest mastermind

I still don't see why people rip on Hogan's "wrestling skills" when it is painfully obvious he was a brawler. Hey, if Ric Flair can give him some props for being to move for a big guy why can't some non-insiders do the same. Flair said people fail to realize Hogan is a huge man and moves quite well for his size. It's not like he's the size of a Bret Hart or Shawn Michaels. I still think Hogan had awesome matches when he was put in there against people like Flair, Dibase, Savage, and Perfect. You can't say that these same men had the same level of match against people like Virgil or Brooklyn Brawler. Hogan had to have something to do with the matches. Off topic here how come Hogan and Rick Rude never really had a program?

Guest Kahran Ramsus

>> I still don't see why people rip on Hogan's "wrestling skills" when it is painfully obvious he was a brawler.

-------

Hogan was okay as a wrestler.  Look at some of the guys he was facing.  Against guys like Savage, Flair, Perfect & Orndorff, his matches were quite entertaining.  Hogan was certainly a better wrestler than Nash, and arguably better than Hall.  The keyword in all of this is WAS.  Hogan has not had a good match since 1998, and has detiorated to the point where he can no longer do anything in the ring.  Yet some people act like we will be getting the 1985 Hogan back in this angle.

Guest Army Eye
I've never understood why the Impact Players weren't reunited for more than just a one-night stand during the Invasion angle, unless there are some personal issues between Lance and Justin we don't know about, kind of like between Saturn and Kronos.

Yeah it is hard to understand why the Impact Players haven't made a comeback.  I don't think it's a personal issue though, I have heard Lance say on his web site that he'd be glad to work with Justin again in the WWF if that's what they wanted.

Guest Kahran Ramsus

Did Credible get hurt?  I didn't even see him after he first joined the Alliance.

Guest x-LJSexay-x

The writers are just stoooooooooopid, and clueless as to what to do with everyone like Lance and Justin, who can kick major ass. Hence, why RVD has tag team hell for weeks and weeks, and why Jazz has been missing since she won the women's title.

Man....they need goooooood writers, and SOON

Guest Dark Lotus

Seems to me that there's still a LOT of WCW/ECW bias as far as the booking goes.  Look at who's STILL getting pushed despite the fact that the Whiff basically doubled their roster.  The only people really getting much of a push are Chucky, Torrie, and Stacy.  Probably the least talented of the bunch.  This is going to be a MAJOR problem if they go with the split... once this happens, there are going to be a LOT of people on TV that no one cares about, because no one has bothered to MAKE fans care.