TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Astro

Obscure Wrestling Matches that were taped

I've heard there's taped footage somewhere of Animal and Crush teaming as the New LOD (after Hawk left WWF), but not sure to the validity of that.

Speaking of Crush, I've heard there was also a match taped somewhere of Crush vs Ax vs Smash to decide who would be the two remaining members of Demolition (with Ax losing, of course), though that one sounds like BS, since basically no feds did three way matches until the mid '90s with ECW and stuff.

I've heard there's taped footage somewhere of Animal and Crush teaming as the New LOD (after Hawk left WWF), but not sure to the validity of that.

Speaking of Crush, I've heard there was also a match taped somewhere of Crush vs Ax vs Smash to decide who would be the two remaining members of Demolition (with Ax losing, of course), though that one sounds like BS, since basically no feds did three way matches until the mid '90s with ECW and stuff.

Speaking of LOD and the Demos I heard at one show it was going to be a 6 man match. Warrior and LOD vs Demolition. But, for whatever reason Warrior and Crush couldn't make it. So it ended being LOD vs Demolition in tag match. Which I think it the only time Hawk and Animal fought Ax and Smash in a tag match. All the other times in was in 6 man match with Warrior and Crush.

Guest Arnold_OldSchool

Mike Davis vs. Denny Brown. (In one of the most ingenious angles of all-time, Mike Davis bills himself as 'The American Dream' Dusty Rhodes! He talks with a lisp, and wrestles just like the real thing; Kevin Sullivan claims that the imposter that fans have seen for ten years is a fake named Virgil Runnels!)

This and the Road Warriors from outer space vignette would make my day.

Guest Arnold_OldSchool

Florida really had some good angles it would seem. The Nivek Navillus angle sounds good too.

Speaking of LOD and the Demos I heard at one show it was going to be a 6 man match. Warrior and LOD vs Demolition. But, for whatever reason Warrior and Crush couldn't make it. So it ended being LOD vs Demolition in tag match. Which I think it the only time Hawk and Animal fought Ax and Smash in a tag match. All the other times in was in 6 man match with Warrior and Crush.

That story is true. It's the only time those four faced off in a traditional 2 vs 2 tag team bout, which is a shame. I miss the days of the face paint wearing, ass kicking tag teams (the New LOD not withstanding).

That story is true. It's the only time those four faced off in a traditional 2 vs 2 tag team bout, which is a shame. I miss the days of the face paint wearing, ass kicking tag teams (the New LOD not withstanding).

That's nothing more than a Scott Keith rumor.

Guest Arnold_OldSchool

Keith's new SNME rants are fun because people are posting his errors about them in his blog right under the article.

Boy, cawthon, you sure like to take Scott Keith to task, it seems...not that there's anything wrong with that.

I agree about Scott's new rants...there's been some pretty big errors, but nothing fatal.

Boy, cawthon, you sure like to take Scott Keith to task, it seems...not that there's anything wrong with that.

I don't mean to give that impression if that's how it came across. Just wanted to set the record straight.

From a Fall of 91 taping

Sid vs The Barbarian (I'm a hoss vs Hoss mark)

Sid vs Jake Roberts (Fueded but no matches I've seen)

---

My vote for oddest match I have in my video collection BTW is Hogan/Kok vs Honky TM/Kamala - Who booked that???!?!?

I actually have the Sid / Barbarian match - it was on a EuroSport version of "Prime Time" I do believe so it was taped and used there even if it wasn't shown in the States (they showed plenty of MSG special matches and others "CHV only" matches on the international edition.

I even saw Sid Vs Jake... well sort of Sid Vs "El Diablo" who was Jake under a mask, but nothing ever came of the Sid/Snake feud - probably because Jake went straight from a Savage feud to an Undertaker program that was his last with the federation