TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Museite

Euro 2004

Hi, guys! I will follow these big tournaments, but I don't follow overseas football most of the time. Over here the American tournaments are the top priority.

So I have a question...what happened to Ireland so that they didn't qualify here? They did pretty well at the World Cup two years ago. Most of my background is Irish and with Canada a non-entity in football, I cheer for them. I guess now I will have to root for England or Denmark.

Guest CurryMan
Hi, guys! I will follow these big tournaments, but I don't follow overseas football most of the time. Over here the American tournaments are the top priority.

So I have a question...what happened to Ireland so that they didn't qualify here? They did pretty well at the World Cup two years ago. Most of my background is Irish and with Canada a non-entity in football, I cheer for them. I guess now I will have to root for England or Denmark.

They came in third behind Switzerland who won there group and behind Russia who qualified to the Euro 2004 trough qualigames against Wales.

And btw never root for Denmark support there nordic neighbours sweden instead :-)

Man, I think we should just change our name to Swedehampton :)

Chairman Rupert Lowe has confirmed that Southampton are interested in signing Sweden midfielder Mikael Nilsson, reports BBC Radio Solent.

The 25-year-old is out of contract at Halmstad, and is looking for a move to the English Premiership.

Nilsson, who has been watched by Saints on several occasions, played the full 90 minutes of Sweden's 5-0 win over Bulgaria on Monday.

Current Southampton midfielder Anders Svensson was substituted on 76 minutes.

Saints' other Swede - central defender Michael Svensson - was ruled out of the tournament with a knee injury.

Guest CurryMan
Man, I think we should just change our name to Swedehampton :)

Chairman Rupert Lowe has confirmed that Southampton are interested in signing Sweden midfielder Mikael Nilsson, reports BBC Radio Solent.

The 25-year-old is out of contract at Halmstad, and is looking for a move to the English Premiership.

Nilsson, who has been watched by Saints on several occasions, played the full 90 minutes of Sweden's 5-0 win over Bulgaria on Monday.

Current Southampton midfielder Anders Svensson was substituted on 76 minutes.

Saints' other Swede - central defender Michael Svensson - was ruled out of the tournament with a knee injury.

They talked about that yesterday here, but he is also linked with Herenveen in Holland and a some other clubs. It´s pretty intressting story about this guy, he played division 6 soccer which is the lowest amatour league in Sweden four years ago and now he playes in the national team in the second biggest tournament in the world.

And btw for the sake of soccer I hope that Czechs will pull trough and score at least one goal.

This could be either really good, or really bad.

They're sworn enemies and both outside bets for the tournament, but Germany have had a really bad build-up and Ireland OWNED Holland in that friendly a week or so ago.

I'm expecting really good, but who knows.

Guest CurryMan

I must say that no one of the favourites has looked good so far in the tournament but then again usually they wind up in the final stages and then they start to look impressing. But for now it feels like an open thing to who is going to win this.

Well the Czech's got the job just in time, while Germany and Holland both look crap.

After one round of League matches, I'd like to make my group predictions...

Group A:

Winners: Spain.

Runners-Up: It's a close call, but Greece should hold on...

Group B:

Winners: France.

Runners-Up: England.

Group C:

Winners: Italy.

Runners-Up: Sweden on goals ahead of Denmark.

Group D

Winners: Czech Republic.

Runners-Up: Holland again on goals ahead of Germany.

Isaksson seems to be on the way to Rennes to.

What would the fee probably be? Since Petr Cech is joining Chelsea for £7 Million then Rennes aren't short of money to spend.

Guest CurryMan
Isaksson seems to be on the way to Rennes to.

What would the fee probably be? Since Petr Cech is joining Chelsea for £7 Million then Rennes aren't short of money to spend.

The talk is that the fee is around £2 million the same as the got for Kim Källström.

Guest CurryMan
Kim Källström.

Very good player, although quite unknown outside of his country, for some reason.

It´s not that strange, he hasn´t been around the national team that much really, he just moved to rennes in the france league which isn´t that big outside of france. The swedish premiership doesn´t get any covering except in the scandinavian countries. Hopefully Rennes is just a step towards a bigger club, he deserves it.

---

Who ever was the Southampton fan I just read in the newspaper that Mikael Nilsson was close to a deal with them, there was some other clubs lika FC Cobenhagen, Rosenborg, Panathinakos, Metz and Paris St Germain but according to the newspaper who had spoken with him he was closest to Southampton because of Anders Svensson and Michael Svensson already playing there and they had only give him good information about the club and there supporters.

Kim Källström.

Very good player, although quite unknown outside of his country, for some reason.

Most people know him from Championship manager.

according to the newspaper who had spoken with him he was closest to Southampton because of Anders Svensson and Michael Svensson already playing there and they had only give him good information about the club and there supporters.

Cheers for that, yeah Anders and Killer are well loved by the fans here, plus they seem to genuinly enjoy playing for Saints, unlike some(Gavin McCann grrrrr)

totti_spit.jpg

Francesco Totti could miss a key part of Italy's Euro 2004 campaign after being charged by Uefa with 'gross unsporting conduct' after being caught spitting at an opponent.

Totti was caught on camera spitting at Denmark's Christian Poulsen in Italy's opening game on Monday - which ended in a 0-0 draw.

If found guilty, the Roma captain could now face a suspension that would see him miss Italy's forthcoming group games against Sweden and Bulgaria.

The Danish Football Association issued a statement outlining their view on the matter.

"Totti on several occasions, unprovoked, spat in Poulsen's face," read the statement.

"That is now clearly proved by television footage and still pictures from the match."

so...so stupid.

Guest CurryMan

I don´t really see Portugal winning against Spain, even though Spain wasn´t that good today the showed more speed when they needed to. Portugal seem to lazy and they pass the ball to much from side to side. They need Ronaldo to be on the pitch instead of Figo who isn´t close to the same level he was 4 years ago.

-----

To barondeath2:

Where does Anders actually play? I have heard alot that he is playing on one of the wingpositions it doesn´t feel like the right place for him. They haven´t shown much of Southampton games over here this year.

Guest webmasterofwrestlegame
Where does Anders actually play? I have heard alot that he is playing on one of the wingpositions it doesn´t feel like the right place for him. They haven´t shown much of Southampton games over here this year.

WHen he first joined us (Saints) we stuck him on the left and he was wasted. He is really a central midfielder (where he plays for Sweden)but the problem is, he blows hot and cold - and you can;t afford to have someone there blow hot and cold. Rate him above Prutts but below Oakley and Delap in central midfield for Saints.

Guest CurryMan

Totti is out three games after spitting the danish player in the face, I cant really say that I´m crying over here :)

I believe its really good that UEFA takes a stand against something as stupid and violeting against a human being as spitting someone in the face. Totti should had the red card in his late minute tackle in the danish game anyway.

Apparently England are going back to the diamond today... :huh:

On paper, it looks a good attacking formation, but you HAVE to ask, why change the formation of a side that took supposedly the best team in the world on and matched them for 90 minutes?

Sven-Goran Ranieri strikes again.