TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
KingPK

This Week in Baseball

9 runs in 1.1 innings? You'd think by the 4th run the manager would be thinking "Hmm, maybe he doesn't have his best stuff tonight?"

9 runs in 1.1 innings?  You'd think by the 4th run the manager would be thinking "Hmm, maybe he doesn't have his best stuff tonight?"

He gave up 7 and left 2 on and then Bauer came on and let the inherited runners score.

Ainsworth gave up a GRAND SLAM to Chone Figgins who had never hit a homer before. He still needs a double for the cycle.

Going to extra innings which seemed impossible some 2 hours ago.

And its crazy because most of the 38,000 fans stayed, but only because its fireworks night. And the crowd was really pumped up in the bottom of the 9th. Loudest I've heard it at OPACY in a VERY long time.

Guest drdrainoscott

This is turning into one hell of a game. I know people said it during the off season half heartedly, but man, the O's would be a hell of a team if they only had some starters. If they can score a couple of quality starters this year, they could easily be a wild card team next season.

Guest OctoberBlood

What a damn good game Paul Wilson pitched last night (7 IP, 5 H, 1 R, 4 K) to defeat the Dodgers, and Kaz Ishii, 2-1. Sad thing was, the Reds offense only scored 2 runs on 7 Ishii walks (only 3 hits for the Reds all night). One run scored by another walk, and the other scored on a Tim Hummel sac fly. But, I'll take it for now. Wilson is now 5-0 with a 3.99 ERA. Should be 6-0, if the bullpen did their job in one game. He has been just fantastic. Much needed stop to the 2 game losing streak. Van Poppel vs. another lefty tonight, Odalis Perez.

Astros lose to the Mets at home. Fall into 1st place tie with Cubs.

Yeah...Cliff Floyd hits a grand slam in his 2nd game back and Piazza hits a HR. Today, it's Pettite vs. ..........James Baldwin?!??!?! Fuuuuuuuuck. And tomorrow? it's Clemens vs. ........Matt Ginter?!?!?!? Who the hell is Matt Ginter? :P

Guest Anglesault
Game over, Angels win.

Nice comeback though.

I would hope no fireworks were set off.

Kevin Youkilis, the "Greek God of Walks" from Moneyball, so far is 2 for 3 with a homerun in his MLB debut for the Red Sox.

Guest Anglesault

The M's are next to last in runs scored. They wish they could face us every day.

Guest Brian

They're going to let Winn bunt a second guy into scoring position in the eleventh.

Guest Brian

Ibanez hit with the bases loaded, then scored on a Dan Wilson double. 13-7 M's

Guest Anglesault

13 RUNS TO THE FUCKING MARINERS?

WOW, GREAT OUTING, GUYS

The Yankees can go to hell. What a disgrace.

Edited by Anglesault

Guest Anglesault

Well, a quick recap of today's abomination.

The Yankees do jack and shit all game with RISP, but somehow manage to tie the game by the ninth, where they blow a guy on third, no out situation (HIT A FUCKING FLY BALL, JETER. No, fly ball means PAST second base, A-Rod)

Still, they actually win the game in the 12th, but the Umpire is on crack and calls A-Rod out, giving the Yankees the chance to pull off a 2004 special in the 13th and up giving up 13 runs to team that barely had 13 runs combined until tday.

GOOD LORD.

Edited by Anglesault

13 RUNS TO THE FUCKING MARINERS?

WOW, GREAT OUTING, GUYS

Well....until tomorrow. Upon which, you will start praising the Yankees, pleased that they have finally turned the ship around.

Your outbursts would have way more of an effect if they weren't based on individual games.

Guest Anglesault

When you give up 13 runs to on of the worst offenses in the game, the day after giving up five runs, the week after giving up six runs twice, there are reasons to be perturbed.

I'd really like to go to a baseball game with AS, just to witness 8 different emotional outburts in 3 hours.

Congrats to Youklis and his first HR. GREAT outing by Arroyo, too. If he at least remains consistent and gets around 10 wins, I'll be perfectly happy. It sucks that Nomar could be out until possibly the All-Star break, though.

Agreed. But this quote:

is going to look pretty silly when you start heaping praise on them in a couple of days.

Guest Anglesault
I'd really like to go to a baseball game with AS, just to witness 8 different emotional outburts in 3 hours.

Only five.

The second inning, the fifth, the ninth, the 12th and the 13th.

The rest of the time I sit there in a cold rage. I'm told it's quite creepy, especially when people are trying to talk to me and I just stare at them.

Edited by Anglesault