TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest NoMercy

Two Questions

Guest NoMercy

I've seen a clip of Ultimo Dragon wrestling a copycat dress the same only in all black. I'm not mistaking this for Dragon Kid versus Darkness Dragon. It was at a Wrestling And Romance event by the WAR logo on the apron. The most notable thing was that The Dragon in All Black did a shooting star press to from the top rope to the outside on a prone Ultimo. Who Is this Guy??!

Secondly, I was wondering who if any are known as ultra charismatic, good mic workers, who can cut really good promos (ala The Rock, Ric Flair, etc), in Japan? Since I don't speak Japanese I've never really got a grasp of this and its not really talked about. I bet Mutoh would cut a pretty good promo. Or is microphone work not as important in Japan?

Thanks.

Guest momoracci
I've seen a clip of Ultimo Dragon wrestling a copycat dress the same only in all black. I'm not mistaking this for Dragon Kid versus Darkness Dragon. It was at a Wrestling And Romance event by the WAR logo on the apron. The most notable thing was that The Dragon in All Black did a shooting star press to from the top rope to the outside on a prone Ultimo. Who Is this Guy??!

I looked up the date and it's 3/26/95 - Ultimo Dragon vs. Ultimate Dragon (Brett Como). Can't help you with any info outside of that, though.

Well, I've never seen a full fledge promo by a wrestler in the big feds but I would bet Chono would be good.Magnum Tokyo from Toryumon is great, although I dont know what he says.

Guest NoMercy

thanks for the info so far.

I'd still love to know more.

by the way.. Who's that in your sig TokyoX?

Guest TigerDriver91
I looked up the date and it's 3/26/95 - Ultimo Dragon vs. Ultimate Dragon (Brett Como).

WAR International Junior Title Tournament - Round One 3/26/95

Ultimo Dragon vs. Ultimate Dragon (Brett Como) (clipped)

Ultimo won this match and then later fell to defeat in a match against Chris Jericho. Gedo won the tournament by defeating Jericho in the final.

Akira Hokuto was a fantastic speaker, probably the best ever, even without understanding her words you could understand her point.

All Japan is the only fed that I've watched enough of to comment on. Throughout most of All Japan's best years, all the major angles and storylines were told in the ring rather than outside it. That's not to say the wrestler's never spoke, they did do in character interviews. Kawada and Jumbo appeared to be very good at this as both were really great performers. I can even recall Kawada shedding tears on a few dramatic occasions.

As far as charisma goes, from what I've seen: Baba, Destroyer, Hokuto, LCO, Toyota, Ohtani, Lyger, Kobashi, Jumbo, Fuchi, Kawada, Misawa, Taue, Mutoh, Chono, Hashimoto, Hansen..etc. all appeared to have tons of it.

I looked up the date and it's 3/26/95 - Ultimo Dragon vs. Ultimate Dragon (Brett Como). Can't help you with any info outside of that, though.

Wasn't there a Black Dragon guy from Stampede that did SSP's to the outside. I think he wrestled in Japan, too.

Guest AdamF

The Ultimate Dragon was indeed Brett Como, who was trained in Calgary by a variety of guys including Dynamite Kid and Les Thornton. He's probably one of my better friends in the wrestling business.

He's still going strong throughout the Pacific Northwest, and currently appears on TV every week for the latest version of Portland Wrestling (http://www.portlandwrestlingtv.com) as part of the Army of Darkness (stable headed by Dr. Luther of 1990's FMW fame).

Como also did a few tours about a year or so back with Michinoku, where he teamed with Christopher Daniels (as Curry Man) on at least one occasion.

He also appeared for Stampede Wrestling's Stu Hart birthday show last year in a tag match involving AJ Styles, Teddy Hart, and Harry Smith.

For more information on him, check out his website at http://www.moondogmanson.com/blackdragon

blackdragon003.jpg